New Gamefly Client Unlimited PC Play over 300 games Free

Huggybear1688

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
just got gamefly email

We're excited to announce that the GameFly Client is now available to all our members as well as to the public.
The best news for members? Over 300 PC titles are available in the Client to download for FREE and play for as long as you're a member. Our Unlimited PC Play library is growing every day with core, casual, classic, and indie games - everything from Saint's Row 2 to World of Goo!
The GameFly Client brings together hundreds of PC titles - available to pre-order, purchase, and download - with our entire rental library of console and handheld games. Update your GameQ, read news, check out HD videos and screens, organize your game collections, and much more.
The Client is connected to our Web site and mobile apps with one login for your convenience. Now there are more ways to GameFly than ever - wherever you are!

Must be a service similar to steam but they are offering over 300 PC titles to download and play for free and is available to all gamefly members (subscribers only it seems)

If this is wrong forum then please move to approriate forum

Last edited by a moderator:
List of games are years old... I think I seen maybe one game that might have been out in 2010.

the list is disappoint.

i thought a "Steam subscription" would be an excellent entry point to subscription gaming along with the month long rental service... but this is just sad.

It's like they balled up every facebook game and called it PC games.

I was hoping for a replacement for GameTap, but I don't think they are going to give a quality offering. I signed up for the beta (it didn't really "just" launch, its been around for at least a couple months) and the choices were lame. Honestly, you'd think a service like this should be able to launch with many more titles. I guess I've got until Feb. to decide if I'm going to dump Gamefly. Best Buy's deals the last few weeks reminded me how lame that GameFly's used pricing is too.

I ought to get GameFly, Netflix, Onlive, and GameTap for the price I pay now just for GameFly, for it to really be viable any more.

[quote name='oasisboy']What did you expect? MW3, BF 3, GTA IV? Come on folks, its free (as a member).[/QUOTE]
Well I don't have gamefly nor do I ever plan to sub for it, but I mean I expected some type of better list. All the good games there you can usually hit on a Steam sale for like $5 maybe $10 for the Sam and Max games.

I mean sure I guess it is an extra incentive if you do subscribe but for people who don't the list is laughable at best considering I can get these games for cheap on sale.

[quote name='boosted02gt']None of the games work for mac, that is a bummer for me.[/QUOTE]

Always amazes me people go "doesnt work for the mac" NOTHING works for the mac , really gets my goat when people shoot down services because its not capable of running on a mac... Hell the only major published game that runs on a mac that was a big budget game is World of warcraft until the release of Steam for MACs which still lags horribly cause the games weren't designed with the abortion of a OS in mind....Why would you buy a mac anyways? I can't understand it for the life of me...

Great addition to an already awesome service. Great way to kill some time while waiting for titles in the Q or just because.

[quote name='oasisboy']What did you expect? MW3, BF 3, GTA IV? Come on folks, its free (as a member).[/QUOTE]

Well considering I was getting GameTap for $5 in the glory days (and their offering when Turner owned them blows this away), and GameFly is overpriced for what you get, I expect a hell of a lot more.

[quote name='xtremegamerz']Always amazes me people go "doesnt work for the mac" NOTHING works for the mac , really gets my goat when people shoot down services because its not capable of running on a mac... Hell the only major published game that runs on a mac that was a big budget game is World of warcraft until the release of Steam for MACs which still lags horribly cause the games weren't designed with the abortion of a OS in mind....Why would you buy a mac anyways? I can't understand it for the life of me...[/QUOTE]

Newer Mac Pros run Steam and Steamplay games pretty flawlessly.

I was part of the beta. Definitely a nice bonus if you are already a Gamefly member with a nice variety of actual good games.

I like reading posts here that start with or consist of "I expect" and say how bad stuff sucks. Makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl at the expectations of the internet.

Anyway, nice bonus for anyone that uses gamefly, and to anyone that likes those kind of games.

I think it's a great bonus for those of us who subscribe. I've been wanting to check out Sam and Max.

I miss Gametap. Not so much for the newer PC games - though we did play Psyconauts - but they had great old games like Megaman and Darkstalkers and a ton of older shooters and the Slug games. And I think we played most of those for free, or really cheap monthly fee.

I've given up the fight for "subscription doesn't = free". It still annoys me, but Amazon worn me down w/ "free 2 day shipping" for only $79 - when I was already getting all my stuff for free shipping in about 3 days - and then won the war w/ "free" Prime videos for only $79 a year. Pretty soon gas stations will be giving away free gas w/ $5,000 yearly memberships. And pro sports teams selling PSL (personal seat licences) for $10,000 to $50,000 just so you can buy tickets at full prices to the games? Well, I give up.

bread's done
Back