New Gamestop Trade In Promotion (Up to 40% extra Trade-In Credit)

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Starting tomorrow, 9/7/05 ----> for at least a week, see local GS B&M for ending date.

Trade in any 2 videogames, DVDs, accessories or UMDs, and get an extra 20% trade in credit.

Trade in any 3 videogames, DVDs, accessories, or UMDs, and get an extra 30% trade in credit.

Trade in any 4 or more videogames, accessories, DVDs, or UMDs, and get an extra 40% trade in credit. for all trade ins.

NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTIONS

NIIIICE deal for those of you trading in towards new games or 360 :D

Yet another Cheap Ass Deal from your back from the dead friend, jt2k3 :)

cdeener I heard from 1-5 bucks. 1 if its not in their system (overheard a manager say that two days ago). Is this trade in offer still going?

I went through the Tradestop.com prices X the 1.4, and then adding the 40% bonus to it and with 36 of my games I should get around $650.00 in trade in credit. I called my local store and this is still going on, so I might do it to handle my 360 launch games I want to get.

Mario Tennis-$30.73
THUG(psp)-$30.80
Need For Speed(psp)-$27.93
NBA Street(psp)-$27.93
NFL Street(psp)-$25.60
Untold Legends-$25.80
Midnight Club(xb)-$23.73
Area 51(xb)-$22.34
Hot Shots Golf Fore-$11.17
Dead Mans Hand-$11.17
Baulders Gate 2(xb)-$16.76
Baulders Gate(xb)-$6.97
Ace Combat 5-$25.13
Phatom Dust-$11.17
Ape Escape(psp)-$22.34
Twisted Metal(psp)-$20.93
Mercury(psp)-$20.93
Lego Star Wars(xb)-$20.93
MLB(psp)-$19.54
Zelda:Four Swords-$19.54
Spiderman 2(psp)-$22.34
Rengoku-$20.93
ATV(psp)-$20.93
TimeSplitters 3(xb)-$20.93
Pariah(xb)-$20.93
Advent Rising(xb)-$22.34
Ridge Racer(psp)-$23.73
Vietful Joe(ps2)-$9.77
Mega Man: AC(ps2)-$16.76
Wipeout(psp)-$22.34
Simpsons: Hit & Run(ps2)-$11.17
NCAA/Top Spin-?
Oddworld: SW-?
Yu-gi-oh: DOTR(ps2)-?
Starsky & Hutch(xb)-?

p.s.
If anybody wants to make a counter offer for any of these before I take them please feel free to now.

[quote name='sying']Whats 40% above crap? Boo GS. EB's deal sounds pretty good now[/QUOTE]
I dont think any of the prices I listed above are crap almost $31.00 for Mario Tennis, I think that is a great trade in price.

[quote name='mcgavin27']this is still going on right? I was hoping to trade some games in tomorrow and pick up a ds.[/QUOTE]

I called my local store and he toild me yes its still going on and he didnt know when it would end.

[quote name='sying']Whats 40% above crap? Boo GS. EB's deal sounds pretty good now[/QUOTE]

No, I took 5 crap games to my GS and they would give me about $25(?) for all 5 of them after the 40% but I passed on it and took them to EB and all of them were on the POX list and they said trade in value on them would be only $3.25 for all 5. I laughed my ass off and kept them games.

Thanks to this lovely deal and a crap load of DVDs to dump I was able to put 200 towards an 360 and pick 6 used xbox games(2 of which were free). Towards the middle of Nov I am going to take my xbox, gc, DS(?), gba, and 64 in to finish paying of the 360 and hope to get a least two launch titles

was really not to bad the most was because I traded in all 6 seasons of my simpsons DVDs the least for a dvd though was 6 bucks so it was pretty good. I will have gotten more had I just stuck em up on ebay although I did not want to go through that mess

[quote name='te3B0r']was really not to bad the most was because I traded in all 6 seasons of my simpsons DVDs the least for a dvd though was 6 bucks so it was pretty good. I will have gotten more had I just stuck em up on ebay although I did not want to go through that mess[/QUOTE]

All I can say is WOW!

I've been trading in some pretty crappy generic controllers...traded in the xbox controller I got for one penny at Bestbuy late last xmas (with Halo 2 coupons-part of preorder deal I think) and got seven bucks for it. All generic xbox controllers get you seven dollars...that's not too shabby considering I have never paid that much for a controller.

I took 36 games there today and ended up with $624.40, 4-5 of the games I took were total crap titles and netted me a total of $16.00 to $18.00 even with the bonus. So for 31 or 32 games I ended up in $600.00 in store credit not bad for games that were newer but were just never gonna get played, by me.

when I called my local Gamestop they said that you only get the extra 40% when trading in games, trading in acessories(such as a controller) or DVDs nets you nothing extra.
...anyone else get this crap? The deal even states that this applies to accessories or DVDs.

[quote name='rafissaying']can you get cash with this deal???[/QUOTE]

Yes but you lose 20% of the value, of the total trade(i.e. $100.00 in credit wouls only get you $80.00 in cash).

[quote name='SaraAB']Its still going on, the signs were still up in gamestop yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Still going strong with no end in site based on what I have heard from some of the employees at my local GS.

[quote name='rafissaying']can you get cash with this deal???[/QUOTE]

If you do a cash trade you will not receive the extra percentage for the value of the games you are trading in and they take 20% off the value of the game which was also stated earlier by ajh2298.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']If you do a cash trade you will not receive the extra percentage for the value of the games you are trading in and they take 20% off the value of the game which was also stated earlier by ajh2298.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I didnt know you lost the whole 40% bonus on a cash trade thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='ManChowder']when I called my local Gamestop they said that you only get the extra 40% when trading in games, trading in acessories(such as a controller) or DVDs nets you nothing extra.
...anyone else get this crap? The deal even states that this applies to accessories or DVDs.[/QUOTE]

You should insist on asking the clerk to check. The n00b behind the register told me first that it doesn't work on DVDs, so I insisted that he check with a manager or someone else in the store, so he did, and was told that yes, the offer includes DVDs as well.

today I got a blue ds, a used copy of super mario 64 ds, and a $10 reserve on Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow by trading in this (all prices before the 40% added)

Devil May Cry 3 - 17
Lego Star wars (ps2) - 16
Mario Power Tennis - 22
Final Fantasy 1&2 dawn of souls- 11
street fighter alpha 3 (gba) - 8
Ring of Red - 3
Family Guy: Freakin' Sweet Collection- 5
Sega Superstars - 4
Rocky - 2
Star Wars Rebel strike - 6
Xevious (gba classic series) - 2

I later bought ZooKeeper (DS) at best buy for 9.99 and polarium at TRU for 14.99

[quote name='bokmeow']You should insist on asking the clerk to check. The n00b behind the register told me first that it doesn't work on DVDs, so I insisted that he check with a manager or someone else in the store, so he did, and was told that yes, the offer includes DVDs as well.[/QUOTE]

yeah I went to another gamestop today and they were happy to take my used controllers and games/dvds with the deal.

thanks to the OP for the deal.

LOL, I traded in enough DVDs to pay off an Xbox 360, buy a used PSP, MK: Shaolin Monks and put $80 towards Condemned and Elder Scrolls IV. However, I work at Gamestop so I was able to get my 15% off of the PSP on top of it all.

I can vouch for all 3rd party Xbox controllers trading in at $7.00 each after the 40% bonus, I had 4 that I have picked up over the years for cheap and traded them in for $28.00 total today.

Anyone know if DVD trade in values are actually fair? I got a bunch of DVD's I never watch anymore. Anyone wanna ballpark it and guess how much I could get for these DVD's:

Family Guy Season 1
Family Guy Season 2 and 3
South Park Season 3
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2 Disc Edition)
Clerks: The Animated Series
Anchorman: WS Unrated
8 Crazy Nights
Zoolander
Team America: World Police WS Unrated
Shallow Hal
The Girl Next Door Unrated
The Grinch 2 disc Deluze Edition
Jackass The Movie Unrated
Boondock Saints
Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again
Freddy Got Fingered
Hot Shots Part Deux
Austin Powers: Goldmember Infinifilm
Old School Full Screen Unrated

I figure, 3 bones a pop, plus 40%, would get me $79.80. And that's figuring that even the 2 Family Guy DVD sets and the South Park set each go for $3, which would be a travesty.

According to calculations done on TradeStop (which are pretty accurate when it comes to DVD trade ins, TradeStop and GameStop both gave me $24 as what they would take for my Deadwood Season 1), I would get $108.76 out of those DVD's. Not too shabby.

The tradestop.com values are hit and miss I would say out of the 30 games I took to Gamestop over the weekend that were on the tradestop.com site, and not listed as overstocked, I got the correct amount on 24 of them.

And this deal works with more than 4 games or DVD's right? I'll get 40% more for the 18 or so, instead of 14 at regular trade in value, and the other 4 at their value, plus 40%, right?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone know if DVD trade in values are actually fair? I got a bunch of DVD's I never watch anymore. Anyone wanna ballpark it and guess how much I could get for these DVD's:

Family Guy Season 1
Family Guy Season 2 and 3
South Park Season 3
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2 Disc Edition)
Clerks: The Animated Series
Anchorman: WS Unrated
8 Crazy Nights
Zoolander
Team America: World Police WS Unrated
Shallow Hal
The Girl Next Door Unrated
The Grinch 2 disc Deluze Edition
Jackass The Movie Unrated
Boondock Saints
Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again
Freddy Got Fingered
Hot Shots Part Deux
Austin Powers: Goldmember Infinifilm
Old School Full Screen Unrated

I figure, 3 bones a pop, plus 40%, would get me $79.80. And that's figuring that even the 2 Family Guy DVD sets and the South Park set each go for $3, which would be a travesty.[/QUOTE]

family guy vol1. got me 12.60
vol2. was around 18-20

[quote name='tmei03']family guy vol1. got me 12.60
vol2. was around 18-20[/QUOTE]

anyone know how much GS give for the bongo?

is the trade in value at tradestop.com pretty accurate? I saw alot of potential for the Target $5.99 boxset which i probably never watch anyway.. , hmm maybe time to get a DS, does gamestop still have the DS with mario, or I should keep my credit and pick up a DS later this year when there should be some promotion to go with it? thanx

[quote name='mick16']Agreed. Unless the game is POX or the original trade in value is more than $12.50, the EB games get an extra $5 for trading in 5 or more games is a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am new to the forums, but what is POX?

I traded in

Godzilla Save the Earth Xbox
Shaman King Master of Spirits GBA
Monopoly GBA
Grand Theft Auto GBA
Castlevania NES Classic GBA

I left with 44.70 or something.. not bad.. seeing how

I bought castlevania for 3.40
GTA 10 dollars
Monopoly 10 dollars
Shaman King 5 dollars
Godzilla 10 dollars

So I made money :)

Is the credit good for a long time? I want to wait for the Evolution or wait for DS to be drop down (or new color) further around $100 aread...

Anybody happen to know if these are worth trading in??? I still have them left from the TRU 90 % clearance. I have been waiting for the right time to dump them. I have about 8-10 copies of each of the following:

All the PS2 jampacks
PS2 music maker
GBA tennis ( forgot the complete name)
ps2 mad maestro
The PS2 cybershock controller by intec.

Any help would be appreciated!!

[quote name='Masco73']Anybody happen to know if these are worth trading in??? I still have them left from the TRU 90 % clearance. I have been waiting for the right time to dump them. I have about 8-10 copies of each of the following:

All the PS2 jampacks
PS2 music maker
GBA tennis ( forgot the complete name)
ps2 mad maestro
The PS2 cybershock controller by intec.

Any help would be appreciated!![/QUOTE]

There are no exclusion when it comes to this deal put I wouldn't try to trade more than 2 of each on one trade transaction.

[quote name='racthamp']Is the credit good for a long time? I want to wait for the Evolution or wait for DS to be drop down (or new color) further around $100 aread...[/QUOTE]

Your credit is good for as long as you keep up with the slip that the credit is on. The fun with GS is if you were to loose your credit slip it is gone.

[quote name='bigmit37']Sorry, I am new to the forums, but what is POX?[/QUOTE]

bigmit37, POX = Previously Owned Exclusion. It is a list of games that EB has that they will not give more than a $1 trade-in credit for the game. So you can't use those games toward any deals i.e. Trade-in 5 games to get a new one free or the get a Extra 5 bucks per trade-in deals. Anytime at EB when you see print on a deal that says "Exclusion May Apply" then games on POX list don't work with the deal.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']There are no exclusion when it comes to this deal put I wouldn't try to trade more than 2 of each on one trade transaction.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I was looking for more of a trade-in value. It isn't worth it to me if they trade for $1 or less since I paid around that already.

Funny Note: I traded in some games with this deal and actually pre-ordered We Love Katamari and I was the only person to pre-order at that GS. But hey it is a GS in Detroit that most of the people around here don't play games like that.

A suggestion for those doing GS trade-ins now and later. Since GS doesn't require original cases or manuals for trade-ins (you get the same amount of credit without them), hold onto those and give or trade them instead to members of the CAG community. I'm sure you can find someone around here that lost a manual or got an incomplete game from EBgames.com or another e-tailer and would appreciate it. Just a suggestion.

How much do you think I can get for Nintendogs and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System with this deal? I called and asked, but they said I have to come to the store, and I don't want to waste the gas just to find out they might only give me like $6.

I traded in all the DVD's I listed earlier, plus all but 4 of my Xbox games (maybe 12-14). I ended up getting about $210 in credit for them. I put it all into my Xbox 360 savings though. It felt kinda weird walking in with 2 plastic bags full of games and DVD's, and walking out with nothing but 2 receipts (1 short, 1 hella long one).

bread's done
Back