New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

I sent this as an email but I probably should just post it here: It seems I mixed up 2 or more games for some of the folks I sent out. A guy I sent CoD 3 to said he recieved Viva Pinata which I also sent out this week. What should be the best course of action to correct this? Mail them back to myself, have them swap with each other or send to Goozex?

What do we do about people sending late

give idea

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

points traded: 200
mailed by: (DONT KNOW IF I CAN PUT USERS NAME HERE)

Got email today

Harry Potter PSP

Your game is shipping out today via USPS First Class mail. I hope that you enjoy it! Please "accept" it promptly when you get it so that I'll be free to send more items...

Also, if you are happy with my service, please consider "tipping" me when you do "accept" the game...

Here is your tracking info:

A package was shipped to you via the U.S. Postal Service
and will be delivered to:

Shipment Date.............4/13/07

dude shipped it 3 days after they said they would ship it

Normally I'd say 2-3 days extra, well thats ok people tend to be busy folks. I know I've sent out a couple days late on occasion. Buuuuut he didn't apologize for sending late. When I sent late I apologized and tossed in a Wii Temp Tattoo. On top of that the individual BEGGED for a frackin tip. A you sent it late. B why should you be tipped for completing the transaction as agreed.

I sent a tip once, The game came new shrink wrapped, and came fast. I dropped a tip on that. When I got gears of war I got a ton of extra stuff with it the guy sent, Had tips been avalable I would have dropped one too. In general I won't, and I wouldn't expect anyone to tip me for completing a transaction as agreed.

Not sure how to handle this. Mebby slap them with the second 5 point feed back instead of the usual 10? At least wait 3 extra days after getting it to give feedback. Seems only fair.

Like I said, normally I'm pretty easy going about things like this but that whole story rubbed me the wrong way.

Yea, I matched with you Crawl. Appreciate that.

I dunno what it is about people who just drop off. I've never had a game timeout for that long before, and it ticked me off that it went up and then I got an accept (not on your Crawl, but just ticked in general).

Ah well. now if only Resident Evil or one of the import games I wants will match. lol

[quote name='toldawg128']You shouldn't have any problems sending a GH game.

Ghost in the shell: SAC is on the site. Try to be less specific when searching the site (like just search "ghost"), it can be picky if you don't use a colon or something. Here it is: http://goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=2110[/quote]

Oh. Okay, I'll just start putting in one word of the game instead. :D Thanks.

[quote name='kklems']I hope the customer service steps up on this site. I have sent an email twice without response re an issue with a trade and have not heard back from anyone. Otherwise site seems to be humming with trades for me.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to update. Less than 12 hours after Posting this and PM'ing them at CAG they took care of the problem 100%. Thanks Goozex. Keep up the good work.

Ok this is my first time shipping a game. I got the big envelope and im going to ship it with usps. Do i create an account an create a Print Shipping Label. And then what do i do? Do i need special stamp or can i just put some stamps and drop it off the blue box?:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :whistle2:? :whistle2:?

[quote name='da408boss']Ok this is my first time shipping a game. I got the big envelope and im going to ship it with usps. Do i create an account an create a Print Shipping Label. And then what do i do? Do i need special stamp or can i just put some stamps and drop it off the blue box?:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :whistle2:? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

you just ship it like a normal piece of mail. IF its your first time though i would go to a post office to make sure i got enough stamps on it.

[quote name='da408boss']Ok this is my first time shipping a game. I got the big envelope and im going to ship it with usps. Do i create an account an create a Print Shipping Label. And then what do i do? Do i need special stamp or can i just put some stamps and drop it off the blue box?:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :whistle2:? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

You don't even have to print out the shipping label from Goozex, you can hand write the info if you wish. For postage you can either go to the counter at the post office(which I do often) and have them print the postage(you'll probably want to send it first class mail), use the automated mailing machine that many post offices have(it will calculate & print postage for you), or weigh your package on the scale at the post office to see how much postage it needs and use stamps. Either way just dop it in a blue drop box or th email chute inside your post office.

The automated machine is pretty convenient on weekends.

I find that a padded #2 bubble mailer with a PS2 game in weighs between 6 and 8 ounces. It depends on how thick the manual is. You also have to round up so 5.1 ounces ships for the 6 ounce size.

BTW I think the rates for light 1st class mail will go up quite a bit percentage wise May 14 so media mail maybwind up being a better deal

[quote name='slidecage']What do we do about people sending late

give idea

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

points traded: 200
mailed by: (DONT KNOW IF I CAN PUT USERS NAME HERE)

Got email today

Harry Potter PSP

Your game is shipping out today via USPS First Class mail. I hope that you enjoy it! Please "accept" it promptly when you get it so that I'll be free to send more items...

Also, if you are happy with my service, please consider "tipping" me when you do "accept" the game...

Here is your tracking info:

A package was shipped to you via the U.S. Postal Service
and will be delivered to:

Shipment Date.............4/13/07

dude shipped it 3 days after they said they would ship it[/quote]

I don't think a few days is that big of a deal...actually seems to be pretty normal for the site. I'd prefer if everyone shipped EARLY like I do, but I'm a realist and know that it won't happen.

I was matched with a new user for a PSP game a couple weeks ago. They said they would ship by April 1. April 6 comes around and the guy sends me a private message asking me not to forget to leave feedback for the game, so I assume it must be in the mail. April 12 comes around and the game arrives in the mail postmarked April 9. Now that's mailing pretty damn late. A few more days and I probably would have marked it not received and assumed it was lost in the mail or the guy was a deadbeat.

As for feedback, I left him positive +10 points, but I put a note in there about his slow shipping. Since I received the game complete as requested, there's not really a feedback option that takes shipping time into consideration, so I just left him full positive.

I usually wait 15-20 days before leaving a negative and I'll wait until the very last day to leave a negative as long as some one sends me a private message telling me the game is on the way. If I e-mail them once the game is 2 weeks late and I get no reply, then I assume they aren't going to send and leave them a negative.

I was matched up with Magical Starsign on/ and still haven't received it yet (4/3/07). This is my first incoming game from Goozex and it is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

It also doesn't help that I was matched up with it on the morning that it was the Amazon Deal of the Day, so I passed it up on a great deal since it was coming to me from a goozex user.

The real kicker is that the user has great feedback :???:

This is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth since this is me testing the waters with goozex, I sent the user a PM today to see what the deal is, I will update as soon as I know more.

I just sent out my first trade yesterday. Couldn't find the Reg. Bubble Mailer, so instead I had to go with one of the Designed Bubble Mailers that they had. (USA Flag.) I even added a 60 cent delivery confirmation number which I have already sent to them, so hopefully they shall be pleased.

Sent

PS2 : Firefighter F.D. 18 - 750 Points
360 : WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - 650 Points

spoo: media mail takes 2-9 days so that might be a reason...

i sent out two games (xenosaga, and zelda: TP) out on monday (4/9), and my Delivery Confirmation as both listed as not delivered yet.

[quote name='spoo']I was matched up with Magical Starsign on/ and still haven't received it yet (4/3/07). This is my first incoming game from Goozex and it is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

It also doesn't help that I was matched up with it on the morning that it was the Amazon Deal of the Day, so I passed it up on a great deal since it was coming to me from a goozex user.

The real kicker is that the user has great feedback :???:

This is leaving a real sour taste in my mouth since this is me testing the waters with goozex, I sent the user a PM today to see what the deal is, I will update as soon as I know more.[/QUOTE]

i got a few games that are late as well BUT They shipped from canada so i dont know if that is the reason they are taking longer

spongbob shipped april 5

now other games shipped later from canada and i got them but still these are no shows

bob feedback had 7 and 0

If recieving from canda I would expect to wait ATLEAST 7 days. Light Packet is 4-6 days as per Canada Post but that's more of an idealistic thing.

[quote name='slidecage']i got a few games that are late as well BUT They shipped from canada so i dont know if that is the reason they are taking longer

spongbob shipped april 5

now other games shipped later from canada and i got them but still these are no shows

bob feedback had 7 and 0[/QUOTE]

It isn't coming from Canada.

First PM that he sent me after I sent my first PM just asking if he shipped it yet:

Yep - it was a little late going, but I upgraded the postage from media mail to 1st class to make up for it. Its also a brand new, sealed copy instead of a used copy.
I just wish he would of sent me a PM that he shipped late, instead of me having to follow up on it. He did say since he shipped late that he upgraded shipping for me from media mail to 1st class shipping, that is nice of him since last time I sent out a DS game in a trade on CAG was cheaper to go 1st class then media mail :lol:
He did say the game was new so now I know the reason he shipped late was because he is most likely a resaler and didn't have game on hand when he set up the trade. Like I said before this guy has great feedback and is probably a top trader on Goozex. Hell I would have been ok of this I would have got an email that he shipped late but instead I get this after just asking, "What day did you ship so I can know when to expect it?"

I believe it was the 10th. Just remember, it was supposed to go media mail and ship the 6th, so its only been a little over a week not two weeks so its not even late if it were shipped media, which takes 14-21 days

I know I'm being a little bitchy about this but for my first incoming trade this doesn't sit right with me. I would have bought it off of Amazon in the first place if I wasn't matched up for it on the same day as it was the Amazon deal of the day. Then it turns out that the guy I'm getting it from just did the Deal of the Day and is sending it to me. How cheese dick is that?

To Goozex moderators, I wanted to note that the following game: Ephemeral Fantasia for the PS2, has the wrong picture for its cover. The game currently is displayed with the Silpheed cover. Cheers :)

i've only sent and recieved one game thus far. i put mine down for shipping in three days and then ended up shipping it out the next day anyway. the guy had it by the time i was supposed to have shipped it. i got a tip for my first trade! haha

and then the guy i got matched with didn't send his game until like three days after the three day shipping period, but he sent it second day shipping, so i couldn't be totally mad with him. he did spend like $5.00 on shipping after all, even if it was kinda late.

How long does a package usually take to get from Canada to the US? I was matched to a new user in Canada for a Dreamcast game and it will be 14 business days tomorrow since he shipped it out.

I figured he has until tues or wednesday then I'd report it as a no show. It sucks because I passed on a low priced used copy at a local store since I figured I'd already be receiving it. I'm mainly worried because he/she is a new user and has no feedback.

[quote name='ManChowder']How long does a package usually take to get from Canada to the US? I was matched to a new user in Canada for a Dreamcast game and it will be 14 business days tomorrow since he shipped it out.

I figured he has until tues or wednesday then I'd report it as a no show. It sucks because I passed on a low priced used copy at a local store since I figured I'd already be receiving it. I'm mainly worried because he/she is a new user and has no feedback.[/quote]

I'd say that's pretty a long wait, regardless... my first experience with a shipper from Canada was 4 days from shipped to when I received the game.... then again, of 8 games that I've had shipped to me, 2 of them never arrived... so those odds aren't too great either. But I think I've just had bad luck getting matched with certain people.
As far as your match goes, I'd say give it a little longer for hopes sake, and try contacting him... see what's going on. Since it's been 14 business days already, chances don't look good. Longest its taken for any game that's actually come to me has been 6 business days.

[quote name='spoo']It isn't coming from Canada.

First PM that he sent me after I sent my first PM just asking if he shipped it yet:

I just wish he would of sent me a PM that he shipped late, instead of me having to follow up on it. He did say since he shipped late that he upgraded shipping for me from media mail to 1st class shipping, that is nice of him since last time I sent out a DS game in a trade on CAG was cheaper to go 1st class then media mail :lol:
He did say the game was new so now I know the reason he shipped late was because he is most likely a resaler and didn't have game on hand when he set up the trade. Like I said before this guy has great feedback and is probably a top trader on Goozex. Hell I would have been ok of this I would have got an email that he shipped late but instead I get this after just asking, "What day did you ship so I can know when to expect it?"

I know I'm being a little bitchy about this but for my first incoming trade this doesn't sit right with me. I would have bought it off of Amazon in the first place if I wasn't matched up for it on the same day as it was the Amazon deal of the day. Then it turns out that the guy I'm getting it from just did the Deal of the Day and is sending it to me. How cheese dick is that?[/QUOTE]

the person shipping says

so i would say its shipping from canada : )

[quote name='xtchuh']I just sent out my first trade yesterday. Couldn't find the Reg. Bubble Mailer, so instead I had to go with one of the Designed Bubble Mailers that they had. (USA Flag.) I even added a 60 cent delivery confirmation number which I have already sent to them, so hopefully they shall be pleased.

Sent

PS2 : Firefighter F.D. 18 - 750 Points
360 : WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - 650 Points[/QUOTE]

Hey Big Mike, I'm the guy getting FD 18, I'm looking forward to receiving it!

hey gooze, I just accepted two matches one for Halo 2 and one for Psychonauts

the traders were Blackcoyote and Akdar

but the shipping address for both is

Akdar's is
name: R. Nebesky
Silver Spring, MD

Blackcoyote's is
name: M. Nebesky
Silver Spring, MD

I mean they both have really good feedback but it just seems weird that someone would have two accounts is all so thought I should point it out since the Terms of Use did state "Users may register only one User ID per household."

edited out the street address

It may not be all that kind to publish someone's full street address on an internet forum. The user names should be sufficient to investigate on Goozex's side.

Probably two seperate people if they have good feedback, roommates or whatever. I wouldn't worry about it. They can cram a lot of college kids in one place. I've seen 8 once in a 6 bedroom house.

[quote name='xcoax']i've only sent and recieved one game thus far. i put mine down for shipping in three days and then ended up shipping it out the next day anyway. the guy had it by the time i was supposed to have shipped it. i got a tip for my first trade! haha[/quote]
I'll always choose to send in three days regardless. I figure it's better that the requestee gets the game earlier than expected rather than later.

If both users have decent feedback, then I'd assume it's two relatives living in the same house, rather than two accounts from the same person. I'd figure that if he or she wanted two accounts, they'd at least have different last names for some ambiguity.

edit (apparently, I took too long, and am reiterating the above post.)

Did anyone get matched for a trade over the weekend? I have 2 send slots and 3 recieve slots open right now with games listed and requested. That's kinda wierd since I've been on quite a tear lately and have been sending or recieving a game everyday. Then this weekend it kinda just went dead for me... Of course I'm sure everyone goes through slumps and all, but I was wondering if there was an interruption in the matching or whatever...

Staerling

[quote name='GrayWolf323']hey gooze, I just accepted two matches one for Halo 2 and one for Psychonauts

but the shipping address for both is

Blackcoyote's is
name: M. Nebesky

I mean they both have really good feedback but it just seems weird that someone would have two accounts is all so thought I should point it out since the Terms of Use did state "Users may register only one User ID per household."[/QUOTE]

I've heard the director of marketing is pretty shady ;)

[quote name='GrayWolf323']hey gooze, I just accepted two matches one for Halo 2 and one for Psychonauts

I mean they both have really good feedback but it just seems weird that someone would have two accounts is all so thought I should point it out since the Terms of Use did state "Users may register only one User ID per household."[/quote]
Why are you complaining? It costs less to ship. ;) And don't post their address here.

So if anybody who's done with Paper Mario on the Wii could put it up for trade, that would be great. :)

To all you guys on the fence, here's another thumbs up. I haven't gotten a single game at retail since I signed up and have filled out my Wii collection nicely.

[quote name='macdude22']Probably two seperate people if they have good feedback, roommates or whatever. I wouldn't worry about it. They can cram a lot of college kids in one place. I've seen 8 once in a 6 bedroom house.[/QUOTE]

I still believe that's against the rules.

When Goozex first started up both my wife & myself set up Goozex accounts (she wanted to trade and choose her own games), but her account was deleted and she was sent a message that they were sorry but it was one account per household.

I would assume that rule still stands.

Eeep, you could be right. Never looked at it that closely. I'm not sure what the benifit of one account per address is though. Seems like a house full of college kids is prime customers for this kind of service.

just edited out their addresses, wasn't really thinking when I posted that since I started writing it out right before I got a call from my friend over at Virginia Tech and found out what happened there so was just quickly finishing the post before I ran home (was on laptop at starbucks)

edit: and they do both have the same last name so if anything its more like manchowder's situation then college roomates probably

[quote name='GrayWolf323']just edited out their addresses, wasn't really thinking when I posted that since I started writing it out right before I got a call from my friend over at Virginia Tech and found out what happened there so was just quickly finishing the post before I ran home (was on laptop at starbucks)

edit: and they do both have the same last name so if anything its more like manchowder's situation then college roomates probably[/QUOTE]

I can top that...I have sent a game to Goozex business address ! :) which btw is also in MD.

So long as there's good feedback for both of them (and it's not just from each other!!) I'd say not to worry bout it.

edit- after thinking about it, I take back my previous statement. One account should definitely be closed. If they're abusing signup bonuses (referrals and such), the bonus that one account got for signing up the other should be yanked out too. If you're going to play, you gotta play fair.

[quote name='encendido5']So if anybody who's done with Paper Mario on the Wii could put it up for trade, that would be great. :)

To all you guys on the fence, here's another thumbs up. I haven't gotten a single game at retail since I signed up and have filled out my Wii collection nicely.[/quote]

Yeah goozex is GREAT for finally getting to all those old games I wanted to try, but didn't want to buy or rent. Now I just look at it as a nearly free unlimited rental. Get the game... Play it till sick of it and throw it back up for the points. Rinse, Repeat. The only thing it takes is some postage and patience.

Staerling

PS. Could someone put up frikin Exite Truck? Got the points ready to go. Heck I'll even give you a tip.

[quote name='martin8me']Any one do the Gooze survey?[/quote]

I'm trying, but it's taking a long time to load the third page.

Hey everyone...sorry for the long delay in getting back...been swamped with work that kept me away...
Let me try to get to the questions:

Bayard43 -- you asked how we determine points and why points increase...we have an algorithm running in the background that takes into account msrp, supply and demand, and release date. When you see point prices go up it's most times due to increased demand for a game. 300 point swings shouldn't happen...please report anything like that to feedback @ goozex. com

McToots -- I have replied to your question via feedback

simpsonps121 -- email feedback @ goozex . com to let me know which bundle you want to be registered for.

slidecage -- our policy about late games is that you should expect to receive your games in a reasonable time. Our guarantee covers this and you can report game not received.

da408boss -- if you are unsure about how much postage to pay, then we highly recommend going to the post office to pay accurate postage. Remember that postage will go up in May in the US.

spoo -- I just checked into that trade...and I know that the seller is a great trader...I hope you get the game as expected!

pck tlnt -- thanks for the heads up!

graywolf -- those are very very legit accounts ;)
Basically, the founders had to setup multiple accounts for testing purposes...

Manchowder -- we still do not allow multiple accounts among family, roommates, friends, etc...

On a side note, today the Goozex team spent the day on the University of Maryland campus. We were looking for some comp sci interns when we saw the news about VA Tech. I personally have friends who are alumns of that school and hopefully nobody here on CAG was personally affected by what happened today.

[quote name='toldawg128']Yeah....It's long as hell![/quote]

When we tested the survey out...it took about 4 minutes...

[quote name='Goozex']When we tested the survey out...it took about 4 minutes...[/quote]
I'm sorry. I was thinking of a different survey I took (Playstation underground) Which took me about an hour to do. My bad. :whistle2:#

[quote name='toldawg128']I'm sorry. I was thinking of a different survey I took (Playstation underground) Which took me about an hour to do. My bad. :whistle2:#[/quote]

1 hour survey!? Wow...that's just wrong.

bread's done
Back