New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

[quote name='mahzilla']If the package is over 7 ounces ($2.15), just use media mail ($2.13). If you use that paypal postage link, you can get delivery confirmation for both options for cheaper than what postal office charges.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now[/QUOTE]

Well more often than not a game weighs less than 7 ounces, but to save a few pennies I don't know if I would subject someone to media mail. Also, my post office has given me a hard time in the past about media being a DVD or not etc.

[quote name='Goozex']**Update**

We've updated the game details page with a lot of new information...and one tab in particular you all might appreciate![/QUOTE]

Sweet...Trading Info...awesome job. I love numbers

We've updated the game details page with a lot of new information...and one tab in particular you all might appreciate![/quote]

Woo, I like the new option put in. Information on one of the games I have listed

Game available as: Full Package: 6
Game requested as: Full Package: 5

Lol, unfortunately I am number 6 for available. *sad face*

Cheers :)

[quote name='pcktlnt']Woo, I like the new option put in. Information on one of the games I have listed

Game available as: Full Package: 6
Game requested as: Full Package: 5

Lol, unfortunately I am number 6 for available. *sad face*

Cheers :)[/QUOTE]

actually if you have a full available, someone who requests disc only or disc + manual could get matched with you

[quote name='GrayWolf323']actually if you have a full available, someone who requests disc only or disc + manual could get matched with you[/quote]
For real? This is the stats of the game I'm trying to trade. Should I assume the requestors do not have enough points to make a match?

Game available as:
Full Package:5
Disc + Manual:0
Disc Only:1
Total offers: 6

px.gif
Game requested as:
Full Package:4
Disc Only:6
px.gif
Total requests: 10

[quote name='pcktlnt']For real? This is the stats of the game I'm trying to trade. Should I assume the requestors do not have enough points to make a match?

Game available as:

px.gif
Game requested as:
px.gif
Total requests: 10[/QUOTE]

Yeah, either they don't have enough points or they possibly have the game request on hold. I'm first in line to deal Grandia III but despite the amount of requests, I've yet to match either.

I don't understand for Digital Devil Saga 2 how I can be 3rd in line for offering it and it says this

Game available as:
shippinglevel32.gif
Full Package:1
shippinglevel22.gif
shippinglevel12.gif
Disc Only:0
px.gif

Total offers: 1

Looks like i'm only one who has it offered?

[quote name='Brian9824']I don't understand for Digital Devil Saga 2 how I can be 3rd in line for offering it and it says this

Game available as:
shippinglevel32.gif
Full Package:1
shippinglevel22.gif
shippinglevel12.gif
Disc Only:0
px.gif

Total offers: 1

Looks like i'm only one who has it offered?[/QUOTE]
I think your place in line includes games that are on hold, whereas the trading information is for active games only... at least that is my guess based upon looking at my own games including ones on hold.

It's funny, when I first joined, I had 5 or 6 requests, but now I have a handful of games thats just sitting. Hoping the game trade picks up again during summer, I would like to get some more points to request some 360 games. hehe ^__^

Just out of curiosity, there is a game called TRAPT for the PS2. When I type in "trapt" on the Goozex search, it says it is not available, but if I look up "apt", I can find the game, however, the game title contains a backwards "R". How do I type a backwards R to search for the game? lol, thanks to anyone that can help.

Or Goozex can you change it to have the keyword trapt link to it?

Thanks
Cheers :)

Awesome addition with the trade counts, this really helps what I should and should not reserve if I don't want to wait. Crackdown, 3 offers T_T. Might as well buy it next week.

[quote name='suko_32']When they say Zelda: Four Swords is complete, does that mean the GBA->GC cable is included?[/quote]

The description doesn't mention the cable, so the cable is not required to be included. If it does come with the cable, the listing should say so, such as how Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is listed.

[quote name='pcktlnt']For real? This is the stats of the game I'm trying to trade. Should I assume the requestors do not have enough points to make a match?

Game available as:

px.gif
Game requested as:
px.gif
Total requests: 10[/quote]

Dangit, I went from 6 turns (available) to 12 turns. That's such a huge jump. How does that work? Lol, sorry, I can't picture 6 availbles becoming active again under 6 hours from when I last checked. *sad face*

I don't remember who was supposed to send me Championship Manager for PSP, but it finally showed up today several months late. There is no postmark on the envelope and whoever mailed it used stamps instead of having the package weighed at the post office. The stamps all had a black marker line through them and looked as if they had been glued to the envelope. I'm sure that's what probably delayed the package, as anytime they think you might be reusing stamps, they launch an investigation. For whatever reason, they finally released this package from wherever they were holding it and it showed up in my mailbox today...I'd forgotten all about it months ago.

My advice to whoever mailed this game is use Paypal shipping or get your package weighed and postmarked at the post office rather than just slapping stamps on a bubble mailer. Also, make sure your stamps don't look as if they've been reused or glued to the envelope.

[quote name='suko_32']When they say Zelda: Four Swords is complete, does that mean the GBA->GC cable is included?[/quote]

Only the big box version of the game came with the cable and it was only available for a short time several years ago. The Player's Choice version is much more common and didn't include the cable. I'd say your chances of getting the cable are slim to none, unless the listing specifically says the cable is included. Even then, don't count on getting the cable. I requested FF Crystal Chronicles with the cable twice and didn't get the cable either time.

hey goozex why is the limited edition of Heroes of Might and Magic V only worth 350 points when the normal release is 500 points?

Okay, so I've looked at the thread, and checked out the site - I think I get it. One thing I want to make sure of - if I don't have anything requested, or something I have requested is not in, or I don't have enough points, then the points I'd get from sending a game to someone would be put into my account and accumulated...right?

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Okay, so I've looked at the thread, and checked out the site - I think I get it. One thing I want to make sure of - if I don't have anything requested, or something I have requested is not in, or I don't have enough points, then the points I'd get from sending a game to someone would be put into my account and accumulated...right?[/QUOTE]
yes, points for games sent out are accumulated. You can then spend them on games whenever you want. If you have some games in mind (but meybe they're too high in price), I would recommend adding them to your request queue now but put them on hold. That way when you decide to actually "buy" them, you'll be further along the queue.

Thanks to Goozex, I received the PSP bundle last night. Got Dynasty Warriors, Lemmings, Rapala Trophies, Warhammer and 10 free trade credit. ^__^.

Looking back at the game I have listed in my library, I don't understand why I jumped from place 6 to place 12. And the trading info is still shows the same information I posted.

Game available as:

px.gif
Game requested as:
px.gif
Total requests: 10

Except now there are 11 requests and I am position 11.
Thanks to anyone that can explain this.

We've updated the game details page with a lot of new information...and one tab in particular you all might appreciate![/QUOTE]

now we can tell your formula for determining game values really is crap. legend of zelda collector's edition: 70 requests, 0 available. only worth $10

Damn the new shipping prices are killing me... $0.75 for DC now (non priority), god damn when I first started using DC it was $0.35...

[quote name='mahzilla']Try https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Delivery Confirmation is 18 cents, and you won't have to wait in line at the post office![/QUOTE]
Only works if they scan it on delivery. No acceptance scan means no proof of mailing. If you wait in line sometimes the clerks will scan the dc and label and give you a receipt but for online dc they are not required to. I have seen them decline to do so when there was a line out the door etc.

If you want an accpetance scan and the $.18 dc rate than a better option would be shipping assistant from usps. http://www.usps.com/shippingassistant/

You can print labels and since you pay at the window they have to scan the dc in order to charge you for it so you always have an acceptance scan. Also most video games in a #2 bubble envelope weigh between 5 and 7 ounces. The 5 ounce package costs less than media mail and the 7 ounce package is 2 cents more for first class. ($2.31 w/edc versus $2.33 w/edc if I remember)

[quote name='slidecage']then figure in paper and ink cost its costing you to print it.[/QUOTE]

The paypal link would cost the same to print so I am not sure how that helps. But to do the math it is probably 1 to 2 cent per copy for the toner as well as the paper. Here is unbiased review from cnet citing that.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laser-printers/dell-3100cn/4505-3159_7-31133334.html

I bought my toner for more than half off so I suspect it is lower than that for me (Plus I got the printer for under $200 two plus years ago and use it for more than an occassional trade)

You can buy a ream of 500/600 sheets of paper for under $5 so that is adding a penny. So 3 cents a copy. Should we add in tape? Heck I use peel and stick labels which cost me $.12. So $.18 plus $.03 plus $.12 < $.75 regular delivery confirmation or $.65 for prioirty. (WHICH IS FREE with online labels.)

Also printed labels are much less likely to be lost or misrouted due to handwriting issues.

There is one more option for only priority and express packages. Click and ship on USPS.com allows you to print postage for your packages and at the end you can get a sheet that has all your packages (again only priority and express...can't do 1st class or media mail) and you can present that to the clerk or have a package pickup and all they do is scan the form and it marks the packages as accepted and you still get the edelivery confirmation rate.

BTW Online labels also get a break on signature confirmation as well.

I entirely understand the difficulties and the frustrations tied to the Post Office and their rising costs...but this is not a Goozex issue. The costs related to postage are what they are...and in comparison to the gouging down by other means of "trading in" a la EBgames or GameStop, the costs and risks of Postage are well worth the expense. So let's stop this negative talk about the Post Office, at least in this thread...as this current discussion does nothing further to help our fellow Goozex members, and it certainly does nothing to grow the Goozex base, which is in all of our best interests.

[quote name='kklems']Only works if they scan it on delivery. No acceptance scan means no proof of mailing. If you wait in line sometimes the clerks will scan the dc and label and give you a receipt but for online dc they are not required to. I have seen them decline to do so when there was a line out the door etc.

If you want an accpetance scan and the $.18 dc rate than a better option would be shipping assistant from usps. http://www.usps.com/shippingassistant/

You can print labels and since you pay at the window they have to scan the dc in order to charge you for it so you always have an acceptance scan. Also most video games in a #2 bubble envelope weigh between 5 and 7 ounces. The 5 ounce package costs less than media mail and the 7 ounce package is 2 cents more for first class. ($2.31 w/edc versus $2.33 w/edc if I remember)[/QUOTE]

Can you explain what you mean by acceptance scan? When I used paypal and clicked on the tracking information, the site said something to the effect of "the post office has been notified to picked up this package." Also, with paypal, when I said no waiting in line, I did not mean bypassing a line in the post office. I meant dropping it in your own mailbox. Sorry for the confusion.

Just wanted to make a note to other users that using the services through your link requires Windows, which I don't have.

[quote name='GrayWolf323']if I listed my copy of Wii Play as complete would I have to trade the wiimote that came with it?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Consider looking at the product description as well as the point value to be your guide.

Anyone else notice how you will have big lull's on goozex where nothing changes and then bam. You get a bunch of matches really fast?

I mean DDS2 has 4 requests and only 1 available which is mine. Its been like that for over a week now. Why the heck won't I get matched for it.

[quote name='kklems']Only works if they scan it on delivery. No acceptance scan means no proof of mailing. If you wait in line sometimes the clerks will scan the dc and label and give you a receipt but for online dc they are not required to. I have seen them decline to do so when there was a line out the door etc.[/quote]

I ask the accepting clerk to stamp my Paypal shipping printout stub with the current postmark date. I've been doing this since Spring '06 and have had less than five times when a clerk won't stamp my stub.

You're correct in stating that the vast majority of printed labels aren't scanned for acceptance (though I've had success having them scanned when I told a clerk it was pre-paid and ready for bulk mail, oddly enough). Having a postmark stamp on the paper stub is about the best evidence you can get of an item's shipment if you can't get the acceptance scan, unless you want to pay $0.99 (might be more now) for a Proof of Mailing paper.

[quote name='Brian9824']Anyone else notice how you will have big lull's on goozex where nothing changes and then bam. You get a bunch of matches really fast?

I mean DDS2 has 4 requests and only 1 available which is mine. Its been like that for over a week now. Why the heck won't I get matched for it.[/QUOTE]
Because they either dont have enough points, enough trades or both.

This might be something that's really obvious, but how do I remove something from my library? I had a gamecube game listed but I gave it to a friend a month ago. I couldn't find how to remove it from my library so I just forgot about it but it matched me up today and I still can't find the "remove from library" button anywhere.

[quote name='iazybandit']Because they either dont have enough points, enough trades or both.[/quote]

Or they could be putting their requests on hold. If you have your requests on hold, you're still in the queue.

[quote name='rile0161']This might be something that's really obvious, but how do I remove something from my library? I had a gamecube game listed but I gave it to a friend a month ago. I couldn't find how to remove it from my library so I just forgot about it but it matched me up today and I still can't find the "remove from library" button anywhere.[/quote]

If you got matched, there is an option to decline and wait X weeks or remove from the library. You probably need to click on the accept? button and it'll take you to your list of options. Been a while since I've sent out a game, so can't remember the exact steps.

Goozex, would it be possible to put in your FAQ page what is expected for the matrix match regarding a game like guitar hero? I'm back in the hunt after a failed trade and I would like to be clear on your expectations of the seller in disc only, disc plus manual and full package. I would request disc only, but i don't want to be the jerk that leaves negative if the trade was good according to the goozex policy. Thanks for your help.

Etrian Odyssey is still listed as coming soon even though it was released a week ago

also the release date for Odin Sphere is off by a week as well (comes out today May 22nd, but is listed as May 29th)

Hey everyone...it has been a long weekend and upcoming week for us. We've got a lot of the behind the scenes stuff going on right now so please excuse my delay in responding...

Brian9824 -- The trade details info shows active listings, whereas your place in line includes those that have games on hold.

pcktlnt -- our search function at the moment is restricted to exact characters. The best way to search through Goozex is to use partial names like "Obliv" -- "Spider" -- "Call of Duty" -- That's b/c a lot of games have a colon in the title that if you don't include won't pull it up. We do have on our to-do list to make the search function more free text and keyword specific

regarding the numbers in the trade info tab -- they will always be changing as trades continue and those figures reflect the overall number of people in line -- not your specific spot in the line...

rile0161 -- while you are in match mode (as a seller) you can click on the green accept trade button -- scroll down and then click on the delete from my library button

erock -- yes that is a good idea....will get that up soon

graywolf -- will fix those dates now...thanks!

To everyone -- thanks for all the help in answering questions -- it really means a lot to me that you take the time to help out. Building and supporting the Goozex community is one of the most exciting things I've ever done...
anyway...I just wanted to say thanks!

[quote name='slidecage']NEED HELP

i want to list

Phoenix wright ace attorney JUSTICE FOR ALL for the ds

BUT The only one listed looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Justice-For-All-DS-Game-NEW_W0QQitemZ180118452793QQihZ008QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The one i have looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Justice-For-All-DS-Game-NEW_W0QQitemZ130111842467QQihZ003QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so how do i list it. Do i list it under the first one even though the pictures do not line up????

thanks (also why two covers)[/quote]

Seeing how the title matches up with what you're going to list (and as long as it's not an import), you should be fine listing it at Goozex.

pcktlnt -- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is Steam game and we don't allow them due to serial code conflicts when their games are traded

magiic -- stay tuned till next week ;)

Hello. I just signed up with Goozex, and I have a question. I put a PSN downloadable game (Gripshift) into my library, but if someone requests it, how would I go about getting it to the buyer? I know a way to do it with a fake account, but I was just checking to see if there was a more "official" way through your site.

-Zack

bread's done
Back