New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

this is strange I just accepted a trade request for Final Fantasy III but it says

points traded: 600 (will earn at positive feedback)

what's with that? :whistle2:s I'm not a new trader by far, I have 16 feedback and just mailed out three more today (trades: 20 sent - 41 received) and all 16 feedback have been completely positive

[quote name='GrayWolf323']this is strange I just accepted a trade request for Final Fantasy III but it says

what's with that? :whistle2:s I'm not a new trader by far, I have 16 feedback and just mailed out three more today (trades: 20 sent - 41 received) and all 16 feedback have been completely positive[/quote]

Let me check what's going on....It might take a while and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

[quote name='orko60']Hello. I just signed up with Goozex, and I have a question. I put a PSN downloadable game (Gripshift) into my library, but if someone requests it, how would I go about getting it to the buyer? I know a way to do it with a fake account, but I was just checking to see if there was a more "official" way through your site.

-Zack[/quote]

We just took Gripshift out of the db...

New terms and conditions are posted at website. We seem to be giving some of our rights away so I am curious. What if we don't agree to the new terms and conditions? If we have banked points we should be entitled to spend those under the old terms and condition or receive a cash amount equal to the point and trade value. However there is no option to opt out. While the old terms and conditions allow you to change the t&c as the other party in the contract we should have an option to opt out. I am not sure I want to do that but I believe users should have that right.

Hey slidecage,

try punching in the UPC....it's the safest route.

The pictures don't necessarily always match up or are correct. The UPC would be your best and safest bet.

[quote name='slidecage']NEED HELP

i want to list

Phoenix wright ace attorney JUSTICE FOR ALL for the ds

BUT The only one listed looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Wright-...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The one i have looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Wright-...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so how do i list it. Do i list it under the first one even though the pictures do not line up????

thanks (also why two covers)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GrayWolf323']this is strange I just accepted a trade request for Final Fantasy III but it says

what's with that? :whistle2:s I'm not a new trader by far, I have 16 feedback and just mailed out three more today (trades: 20 jðªÿ äžñ!Öw”Âóö($Q 3×왎Á‡16 feedback have been completely positive[/QUOTE]

I also got this too with a match today, no points till postive feedback received. I've mailed out 28 games and I have plenty of feedback. (all positive) What's going on? (username = squidget)

[quote name='McToots']I also got this too with a match today, no points till postive feedback received. I've mailed out 28 games and I have plenty of feedback. (all positive) What's going on? (username = squidget)[/quote]

Everyone,

There was a bug in the code that we fixed. Let me know if you continue to have issues. Thanks for understanding!

[quote name='magiic']so is one of the new things going to be not getting points until you recieve positive feedback[/quote]

Hey yeah...sorry about not being clear. New users with feedback score less than 10 will not get their points earned for a trade up front. It will transfer from the buyer to goozex where we will hold it until feedback is received. If its positive we transfer to the seller. If its negative we refund back to the buyer.

Above feedback score of 10 you will as a seller get the points immediately -- like normal.

The idea is to provide less incentive to signup and scam the system.

[quote name='Goozex']New users with feedback score less than 10 will not get their points earned for a trade up front. It will transfer from the buyer to goozex where we will hold it until feedback is received. If its positive we transfer to the seller. If its negative we refund back to the buyer.

Above feedback score of 10 you will as a seller get the points immediately -- like normal.

The idea is to provide less incentive to signup and scam the system.[/quote]
That's like exactly what I suggested. I thought you didn't like it:
[quote name='Goozex']toldawg128 -- thanks for the comment...part of what makes Goozex cool to signup is that you do get points up front (at least what we think) -- remember that 99.9% of our new members are solid good people...[/quote] LOL

Hey me and Goozex user dick.blake are trying to cancel a trade (since he couldn't find the manual), he said to leave positive feedback and say in the comment to cancel the trade, is that right? Can it get cancelled so maybe I can finally get Spider-Man 3 for 360?

[quote name='cleaver']Hey me and Goozex user dick.blake are trying to cancel a trade (since he couldn't find the manual), he said to leave positive feedback and say in the comment to cancel the trade, is that right? Can it get cancelled so maybe I can finally get Spider-Man 3 for 360?[/QUOTE]
If you're cancelling a trade. Email Goozex. NEVER EVER give positive feedback. Why would you even do that especially if you're going to cancel a trade? By giving positive feedback not only does it show that you "received" product but also gives the other person more feedback and more trades at the same time. Also there is no way to reverse the feedback so once its put through, its done.

[quote name='iazybandit']If you're cancelling a trade. Email Goozex. NEVER EVER give positive feedback. Why would you even do that especially if you're going to cancel a trade? By giving positive feedback not only does it show that you "received" product but also gives the other person more feedback and more trades at the same time. Also there is no way to reverse the feedback so once its put through, its done.[/QUOTE]

While you should probably email goozex first, the rest of this post is more or less wrong since Goozex is very good about listening to user problems and removing or adding feedback as necessary. Nothing is permanent on the site.

I emailed goozex, I just hate getting these games that aren't complete. It's never happened for me in CAG in 76+ deals, and it almost happens 2 for 2 here?

[quote name='Goozex']Hey yeah...sorry about not being clear. New users with feedback score less than 10 will not get their points earned for a trade up front. It will transfer from the buyer to goozex where we will hold it until feedback is received. If its positive we transfer to the seller. If its negative we refund back to the buyer.

The idea is to provide less incentive to signup and scam the system.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how to do that emoticon where the hands clap, but if I did I'd put one here ;) Nice work!

Recently, I was matched for the game Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 Plus (GCN). When it arrived today, I opened the package and found that the original edition was inside (along with a Miller Lite bottle cap, decal, and half-used Listerine Pocket Pak). Seeing as how the game is in remarkably good condition, combined with the fact that it'll be a long time before I'll get matched up again (if I get matched at all), I'm fine with keeping it. My question is, what sort of feedback should I leave? It's the right game (sorta), and other than case wear, it looks pristine.

I'm just confounded by the fact that, of my last four trades, two were never sent, one was sent cart-only (requested complete), and then this one.

Lol I received a game today with an orange listerine breath strip, a package of cocoa, a strange trading card and a wet wipe from famous dave's :) I wondered what the trader was trying to say. Of course the return address was listed as a certain place in MD.

Wow, I was just matched for Dead Rising. Last I checked I was 95th in the queue! Glad to get the game, just a little shocked at how soon it's coming.

Does anyone here have Call of Duty 2 (PC) COMPLETE on their available lists? I requested that game and have been slowly been matched to people over and over until they time out.
I'm just curious how long down that list I'm going to have to go before somebody actually accepts my request.

I haven't been matched to send a game in a long time. I have 11 games total, 9 of them 360 games. (Okay, so 3 of them are BK games... :p )

I don't get my luck lately, just filed second non-received game this month

42 games now, 2 of them I never received and 1 came damaged and couldn't play and all three problems only happened in the past month :whistle2:(

Yeah I've been having the same problem lately, games not coming complete or not received at all. Some of these were even from people with good feedback.

I finally got matched for Call of Duty 2(PC) after waiting through a few people, and of course the guy I get matched to already has neutral feedback about not sending his PC stuff complete:roll:
Freaking ridiculous, I'd say I have about a 90% chance of receiving Call of Duty 2 in disc-only form instead of complete..... if I actually receive it:bomb:

[quote name='GrayWolf323']I don't get my luck lately, just filed second non-received game this month

42 games now, 2 of them I never received and 1 came damaged and couldn't play and all three problems only happened in the past month :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

haven't read the thread in a week or so, but why is SNK vs Capcom Card Clash DS allowed to be traded on Goozex right now? It's a broken game, and even SNK acknowledges that, but I keep seeing that copy on goozex. Just thought it was weird.....

[quote name='cleaver']Hey me and Goozex user dick.blake are trying to cancel a trade (since he couldn't find the manual), he said to leave positive feedback and say in the comment to cancel the trade, is that right? Can it get cancelled so maybe I can finally get Spider-Man 3 for 360?[/QUOTE]

From my experience, I was told by the Goozex guys that "yes, this is the procedure" required to cancel a trade. They will correct the point and trade allocations after that has been done. You must send an email to announce this fact. But Cleaver, if this is a mutually agreed upon cancellation which it appears to be, then you can trust what he is requesting. Remember to follow up by email with the Goozex guys and they will make right the points and the trade points after the fact.

It seems as if the Goozex guys may be away from home, atm.

[quote name='ryoga79']haven't read the thread in a week or so, but why is SNK vs Capcom Card Clash DS allowed to be traded on Goozex right now? It's a broken game, and even SNK acknowledges that, but I keep seeing that copy on goozex. Just thought it was weird.....[/QUOTE]

how is it broken

[quote name='slidecage']how is it broken[/QUOTE]

There is a known glitch in the game where when you play through on "New Game+" when you reach a character on level 7 and talk to him, the game crashes and it is completely unavoidable. The thing about it is that all the cards in the regular game suck, and in order to get the GOOD cards, you have to beat New Game+. I was gonna get it until I read the thread on here about it and read about the problem with it. SNKUSA has even acknowledged the problem and is having people mail their games to them and in 6 weeks or less, they get a correct version of the game back. But NO ONE should have a correct version of the game for another 4 weeks....Thus, the version up on goozex now is technically broken.....

I called the local Gamestop and they have this game instock, they didn't know anything about the glitch (which I looked up, it most certainly is a fubared game). I would argue that if it's still being sold in retail stores, there is no reason to not allow it via trade on goozex. Besides if you end up with a pooched cart you can just send it in for a replacement.

I requested Prince of Persia: Revelations for PSP today because I saw that it had finally dropped to 200 points, and I even got an "insufficient credit" notice for that amount shortly after requesting it. A few minutes later, I okayed a trade to get some points in my account and was matched for PP, but it had gone up to 250 points! Literally about an hour had passed from the time I added the game and got the insufficient credit notice, to the time that I was matched at 250 points. I'll have to say that's pretty annoying, since it means that I'm now 50 points short for another game that I wanted.

A few days ago, I was matched for Final Fantasy III at 600 points, which shortly went up to 650. Figured I just barely got in before the hike. WRONG! My initial match must have timed-out (or more likely canceled) when I notice that I'm now matched at 650 points. Ugh, ok, 50 points, not that big of a deal. Of course, I'm checking frequently today to see if the trade went through since I noticed the game is now at 700 points and I'd rather take it off my list than pay 700 (600 was pushing it IMO). I just checked 5 minutes ago and wouldn't you guess, I'm now matched at 700 points :bomb:

[quote name='Goozex']Hey yeah...sorry about not being clear. New users with feedback score less than 10 will not get their points earned for a trade up front. It will transfer from the buyer to goozex where we will hold it until feedback is received. If its positive we transfer to the seller. If its negative we refund back to the buyer.

The idea is to provide less incentive to signup and scam the system.[/quote]

I just shipped out Burnout 3 for 100 points and it says:

"points traded: 100 (will earn at positive feedback)"

And in "My Account" it says:

"2250 Goozex points + 100 points awaiting for buyers positive feedback"

So even though my feeback score is 1035, I no longer get my points immediately?

Also, I sent out a 400 point game last week. A few days after the person received it, they left negative feedback saying the game was "too scratched up to play." I played this game with no problems and didn't see any scratches on it. Does this mean since they left negative feedback, I didn't get my 400 points for this game?

I thought the person sending out a game was supposed to be protected just like the person receiving the game. I can see setting restrictions on new users, but I've sent out 109 games on Goozex with 2 (undeserved, in my opinion) negatives.

If we no longer get points for mailing out games when people leave negative feedback, there's no way I'm going to send out any more of my 600-800 point Wii games even though they're all in mint condition. I don't want to take any chance of some one leaving me negative feedback and screwing me out of points because they don't like my personality or because I left them negative feedback on a game 6 months ago. Seems like this new policy pushes Goozex towards the problem Ebay has were people can leave each other revenge feedback.

In short, if this is the new policy, I'm done using the site. I hope it's just a misunderstanding.

I too would like to hear on that as I certainly won't be sending out any high point games if that's how the system works now.

[quote name='magiic']I too would like to hear on that as I certainly won't be sending out any high point games if that's how the system works now.[/QUOTE]

I had this problem too and they said it was because of a glitch in the system, its only supposed to be effecting people with less than 10 feedback (essentially first time you send a game) and they at least had fixed the problem for me

Let's all be patient. The Goozex team has been pushing full steam ahead...and there are some inevitable glitches. They are well aware of these glitches, and I know that they are working to correct them. They are working on quite a bit, so let's all be patient and wait for Goozex to report on what's going on.

man i dont know to take

Final Fantasy XII sealed new

to ebay for goozex

i got it sealed off meijers around xmas for 30 bucks and have no use for it since i was able to get the collectors eds off goozex a few months back

Just a question.

I just received a GBA game in the mail that I had requested as Complete, an as has been happening a lot lately, it wasn't really Complete.

I was sent the GBA cart plus the manual, but instead of the original box they sent them in a DS case with a printed out insert for the game. The printout is of decent quality(although very obviously a quick printout) and looks to be one of the CAG created GBA game insert listed on Snakcbargames.com or whatever that site was.

While not exactly bad this wan't what I requested, so should I leave a neutral or a positive?
I'm leaning towards neutral because I would certainly receive Neutral feedback(at least) if I listed one of my disc only DC/PS1 games as complete and sent it with printouts.

[quote name='ManChowder']Just a question.

I just received a GBA game in the mail that I had requested as Complete, an as has been happening a lot lately, it wasn't really Complete.

I was sent the GBA cart plus the manual, but instead of the original box they sent them in a DS case with a printed out insert for the game. The printout is of decent quality(although very obviously a quick printout) and looks to be one of the CAG created GBA game insert listed on Snakcbargames.com or whatever that site was.

While not exactly bad this wan't what I requested, so should I leave a neutral or a positive?
I'm leaning towards neutral because I would certainly receive Neutral feedback(at least) if I listed one of my disc only DC/PS1 games as complete and sent it with printouts.[/QUOTE]

i would leave neutral feedback. bad thing is you dont get your pts back. i got monopoly this way (was to come complete but got cart only)

didnt get my pts back and just tossed it in the junk drawer (i have no use for cart only gba games)

Hey everyone,

Sorry for being MIA on this thread...big stuff this week on Goozex that you should find out about tomorrow!

toldawg128 -- no we liked your idea so much that we implemented it!...

iazybandit -- we do ask for the moment to leave positive feedback to make the manual process smoother for us. We also lower the feedback score so that everything looks like it was before the trade was cancelled

rictor -- I'm checking with the tech side on what is going on...thanks for being patient...

Manchowder -- please leave neutral feedback.

Everyone, we should have some new updates tomorrow...stay tuned!

Do games cost more if you want the full package?

Do games get you more points if you sell the full package?

Maybe I just don't understand why someone would want to buy just the disk only for the same price as a full package when they cost the same. I guess maybe if no other options were available.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Do games cost more if you want the full package?

Do games get you more points if you sell the full package?

Maybe I just don't understand why someone would want to buy just the disk only for the same price as a full package when they cost the same. I guess maybe if no other options were available.[/QUOTE]

There is no cost difference. The advantage of a disc only request is to get the game as soon as possible.

Also is there a way you as a buyer have to activate a trade before points are decucted from your account with a comfirmation instead of it being automatically?

I got one of the games from my list, but I don't know... I would have rather had an accept or deny before my points were used.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Also is there a way you as a buyer have to activate a trade before points are decucted from your account with a comfirmation instead of it being automatically?

I got one of the games from my list, but I don't know... I would have rather had an accept or deny before my points were used.[/QUOTE]

The best way to do this is to put items you are interested in but don't want to spend points on 'on hold.' You retain your place in the queue but you won't be matched for the game until you take it off hold.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Also is there a way you as a buyer have to activate a trade before points are decucted from your account with a comfirmation instead of it being automatically?

I got one of the games from my list, but I don't know... I would have rather had an accept or deny before my points were used.[/QUOTE]

i would think by adding the games to your want list counts as your accept the deal

[quote name='slidecage']i would think by adding the games to your want list counts as your accept the deal[/QUOTE]

I had a bunch of games that were available but I didn't have enough money to cover them all. So I was hoping to pick up a few of the lower priced ones instead of the one high priced one. I didn't think they would be all available and that I wouldn't have the option to choose.

My mistake I guess. Just signed up today. Don't know the ways of it yet.

[quote name='slidecage']i would leave neutral feedback. bad thing is you dont get your pts back. i got monopoly this way (was to come complete but got cart only)

didnt get my pts back and just tossed it in the junk drawer (i have no use for cart only gba games)[/QUOTE]

thanks, I left Neutral feedback. It just sucks because it was more than likely a CAG that sent me this(due to the CAG related cover art).. which is a shame.

I've had some pretty terrible luck lately with games I've received. Here's the feedback I've had to leave for my last 7 requests:

- Neutral (game not complete)
- Positive
- Positive
- Negative (game not received)
- Points refunded (Game was not complete, luckily the trader aksed me before shipping)
- Negative (game not received)
- Neutral (game not complete)

The 2 positives were from one guy who shipped both games together. So only 1 out of my last 6 trades were received as promised, and even worse most of these were not new traders but people with decent feedback.
I will most liekly have to add another Neutral to that list because the guy sending my next game already had a some neutral feedback for sending PC stuff incomplete.

Like I feared it seems that people learned that they can send incomplete stuff (after listing them as complete) with near impunity.

well my one shipped game recently that I'm kinda worried about getting a neutral for is Longest Journey because there is no physical copy of the manual (it's a pdf file on the first disc) but the game came that way sealed even so I listed it as complete and sent the guy a message giving him heads up before he gets it so hopefully he won't hold the manufacturer's choice against me

what gba games are you getting in ds cases manchowder? I've been trying to do that to my collection ^_^

[quote name='GrayWolf323']well my one shipped game recently that I'm kinda worried about getting a neutral for is Longest Journey because there is no physical copy of the manual (it's a pdf file on the first disc) but the game came that way sealed even so I listed it as complete and sent the guy a message giving him heads up before he gets it so hopefully he won't hold the manufacturer's choice against me

what gba games are you getting in ds cases manchowder? I've been trying to do that to my collection ^_^[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can understand if a PC game never had a manual or whatever, as long as they ship it as it was purchased new. The games I'm requesting are all games that came in boxes.

The GBA I received was Gunstar Super Heroes, it looks pretty decent for a printout. I could post a picture if you want.

bread's done
Back