NEW & IMPROVED Pokémon X/Y & OR/AS distribution event thread (current - Darkrai, Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Zygarde)

Seems they also are going to have Happy Meals that will include 1 of 8 Pokemon figures and 1 of 12 Pokemon TCG cards :O

Hoopa is super easy to get, so everyone should have it by now. I don't eat at McDonalds and would rather not spend time at one, so I did it from home.

To get it from home, change your SSID to "McDonalds Free WiFi" and set your security to "open." Change your 3DS's internet settings to the new broadcast (might have to delete other connections) then go into your game and choose "mystery gift" and finally "get via internet connection." Works flawlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
But there's almost always someone who posts a few days late lamenting that they missed the event.

Also, do 3DS settings really need to be changed for this?  I have a 2nd wireless router I connect to my cable modem when I want to HomePass, and I don't need to change any of my 3DS network settings to connect.  Just need to turn off the regular router so the 3DS is forced to use the HomePass one.

to be the person Bloomy mentioned I didnt get hoopa but really its more of the idea that pokemon are now exclusive to Mcdonalds that led me to skip this one, gen VI was pretty terrible anyway, do hope Hoopa comes back though and if we are lucky Volcanion won't be exclusive to McDonalds, maybe Chipotle

But there's almost always someone who posts a few days late lamenting that they missed the event.

Also, do 3DS settings really need to be changed for this? I have a 2nd wireless router I connect to my cable modem when I want to HomePass, and I don't need to change any of my 3DS network settings to connect. Just need to turn off the regular router so the 3DS is forced to use the HomePass one.
Uh, you just said you have a HomePass router. How many people do you think have HomePass set up? You're MAC cycling various places around the world including the McDonalds locations from GBAtemp, so you'll always be good. People without HomePass setups (most people) will have to change their router settings manually like I described.

Starting in February, from the 1st through the 24th of each month the rest of the year, Nintendo will be releasing each of the event only Pokemon from the first 5 generations (minus Deoxys, which is an in-game capture in OR/AS).  Some are through codes obtainable at Gamestop, the rest through Nintendo Network.  None of the Internet ones say being at a Nintendo Zone is required.  They'll be available to all 4 6th Gen games.

Feb 1-24 - Mew - Gamestop

Mar 1-24 - Celebi - Nintendo Network

Apr 1-24 - Jirachi - Nintendo Network

May 1-24 - Darkrai - Gamestop

Jun 1-24 - Manaphy - Nintendo Network

Jul 1-24 - Shaymin - Nintendo Network

Aug 1-24 - Arceus - Gamestop

Sep 1-24 - Victini - Nintendo Network

Oct 1-24 - Keldeo - Nintendo Network

Nov 1-24 - Genesect - Gamestop

Dec 1-24 - Meloetta - Nintendo Network

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

only one I need is Victini but its cool they are doing this, also manaphy is not event only, seems kinda odd to include it

*nor is jirachi, either way at least there is a convient way to get them

Just because there are ways to get them that doesn't require waiting for a Nintendo distribution doesn't mean they aren't event only.  Can also get Mew (My Pokemon Ranch) and Celebi (JP Colosseum bonus disc) without events, and Phione is in a nebulous area.

At least this is the first time a number of these can legitimately have the blue pentagon on the status screen.

I'm back bump. To mark my return, I have 5 Mew codes free for any members (to avoid lurkers snatching them up) who may have missed out or just dont have a Gamestop near them. Hit me up for a lvl 100 Mew code

Thanks to the users keeping this thread alive while I was silenced

I called the two local GameStops in my area... the one closest to me said they got 300 codes and those were gone in two weeks. Then I called the one 30 minutes away and they said they only received 150 codes and those were gone super quick but they out of nowhere received another box this week with 20 additional cards? He wouldn't hold one for me but I grabbed the wife and kiddo and we drove down there to get the card. The guy actually huffed at me when I asked for a card, he wouldn't even look at me when he gave it to me. Dunno what that was about? I'm giving this to my son for his birthday along with Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Mew just so happens to be his favorite so SCORE as far as i'm concerned! :)

I also missed out on this!  :(

Anyone else have an extra?

My local Gamestop said they would get more from other stores two weeks ago, but that fell through when I asked again last week.

Edit: When does this Mew code expire?  Is there any other legitimate way of getting Mew?

Not going to lie, might have to cave and buy one off of Ebay or something.

Hit up five different Gamestops trying to find one that had the Mew codes for my younger sister. Each was a bust.

Guess that Mew really is an elusive little bastard.

I went to five different GameStops the other day and tried calling two more today and none of them had any codes. Really wish they'd just do all of these events over Wi-Fi.

I decided to call a gamestop in mall and behold! They still had a lot according the girl that worked there. I got 13 codes and after giving them away to friends and family, I have 2 left.

Like this post and I'll randomly chose 2 members sometime tomorrow.

Winners chosen!

A week after the start of the month all the GameStops around my vicinity ran out of Mew codes. The future code card distribution event months will be difficult if I can't get one within the first few days, but I'm glad it's only the case for a few (Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect).

I too would like it if they did these all as Wi-Fi events rather then a early bird race for limited codes - it's a 20th Anniversary Celebration after all, so it would be nice if the new/old fans were guaranteed all the mythical event Pokemon.

Appreciate you all giving out extra codes.

Welcome to the New & Improved Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS Distribution Event Thread!!!​
I made things a little more streamlined and less convoluted. I worked on this for a while, but I'm open to suggestions if you have any ideas. P.S. I used MS Paint to do it, so any suggestions requiring Photoshop will go unheeded. Enjoy

Nice work, dude!

Was there something for March that I missed?
I got Mew in February I think...I should check more often

I have an idea for more complex sprites. Example: Shiny Charizard holding a Mega Stone distributed by GS. Let me know if it's too visually busy

[attachment=21221:Charizard example.png]

wonder what this jirachi will have, recently migrated a jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk and leveled to 100, at least I can have 2 jirachi

Not quite, though my 3DS is usually close at hand.  I noticed the clock hit midnight (I'm in the Eastern time zone) and thought I'd check.  Though from some posts on GameFAQs, it looks like it went live a few hours ago, presumably midnight UTC.

bread's done
Back