New Keyboard - Which one?

vpr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looking to replace my generic keyboard. I'm currently over-seas so what I've seen so far and am interested in are

Logitech G15/G11
Razer Tarantula
Saitek Eclipse 1

I would really like the Eclipse 2, but I haven't seen that around here, so I'm not sure it's available. I also liked the look of the Recluse from Microsoft, but again I haven't seen it around here, and the reviews haven't looked so great.

I like the look of the Razer, but I wish all the keys were backlit. The Logitech's seem a little cheaply made from what I've used on them. Really I think if the Razer had the backlighting for all the keys, it'd be the perfect keyboard for me, but of course it's not.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

I'm partial to the eluminx keyboards. They are like the rolls royce of keyboards.
I have had a saitek eclipse in the past, and they are average. They dont feel like anything special. Basically like a regular cheapo keyboard with backlighting.
I dont know anything about the other 2 sorry.

The G15 is the absolute best keyboard I've ever used. I've also got an Eclipse (it's the original Eclipse), but they keys don't feel nearly as good.

Take a look at the Deck Legend. All keys are backlit by their own LED. It's very basic though. No multimedia buttons or anything.

I don't like the feel of the original saitek eclipse, was wondering it changed at all on the eclipse II.

Also, These other brands I'll have to search for... It's difficult not speaking enough of the language to ask for something ahah

g15....

however the "Coolness" factor wore off after a few months. The screen isn't as bright as it was a year ago :( I don't use the G keys or the macro keys at all anymore. After all this time, only 2 dozen games support it :(...most of them I don't even have. Now I read there is a new revision coming in.

The Optimus Keyboard looks awesome, IF you have 1500 grand to spare :(

optimus_maximus_01.jpg

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Are they actually still making those Optimus keyboards? And also aren't they like...a thousand dollars?[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimus_Keyboard

A few years ago I saw a keyboard at Microcenter that had NO KEY LABELS.... so basically unless your a master typist and know where every freaking key is without looking at it then your fucked....and it was about 60 bucks!!! WTF!??!?!

bread's done
Back