New Kiosk at Work

Layd Dly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)

Pretty sweet of 2K to send us this bad boy :bouncy:. I just saw it put into our break room today. Its funny though because EA/Tiburon is right next door and literally 100 Feet away . Now i need to talk to Marketing to get this baby turned on so it can start its slow journey to RROD :hot:

(I hope its a falcon)

I can't imagine that this could possibly be helping 2K turn a profit, when they give you a kiosk (lets say around $1000, probably more) and then it gets limited view. EA wouldn't waste such precious money like that.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Orlando Magic, as the posters suggest.[/quote]

Thats pretty cool. I'm sure the Sonics probably have one too, sitting in Oklahoma...

he works at rdvs sports plex in orlando. I used to do play test at ea all the time before my daughter was born next door. you have a sweet job!

[quote name='mike.m']Thats pretty cool. I'm sure the Sonics probably have one too, sitting in Oklahoma...[/quote]

Its very possible LOL.

But considering they have the oldest Arena (we currently have the 2nd oldest) in the NBA and Seattle is not willing to build a new one, so the NBA gave them permission to re-locate regardless of having an OKC based ownership group. Oklahoma really wants a team and the Hornets did surprisingly while they were there and the NBA took notice.

We at least are in the process of building a new building for 2010 season. :drool: If we didn't get our new building approved we could have been re-locating there, as we also had permission to re-locate when are last event center approval was shot down a few years ago.

main_4.jpg

main_5.jpg

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I would recommend drilling some holes in the plastic casing for ventilation :lol:[/quote]

There is some but they are definaltey not adequate for that thing as we all already know. They barely function in wide open air. lol

Wow really off topic but that is a nice concept art of a building.

Just wondering if you guys normally play as the magic, or maybe the game is set up so you can't play as any other team other then them. :lol:

The player on the left is going to have a hard time playing when they have to stand on top of a plant. Someone has poor interior design skills. Nevertheless, very cool. I wish my job could get a kiosk -- but all the employees would be playing it all day, thus, not generating any income for the company.

[quote name='Ragekod']Wow really off topic but that is a nice concept art of a building.

Just wondering if you guys normally play as the magic, or maybe the game is set up so you can't play as any other team other then them. :lol:[/quote]

Its actually a full blown core/arcade unit with a standard Dashboard unlike the standard locked down kiosks, and retail copy of 2K8 the case is on top of the system but is hard to see in the pic. But i went up later in the day and switched the display settings to wide screen and i tried to switch of 720P but i couldn't physically switch the slider on the cables but it does have the component connection on the tv but when i looked at the cable i couldn't even see a switch so i don't know.

And we have had a PS2 slim in there for 2-3 years as well with NBA Live 05 and SSX 3, that use to get some use.

I have a feeling that 2K gives NBA franchises these to show that they use the NBA license pretty well and perhaps not going all NFL with EA is a good idea. I mean, your co-workers who might love the game could get pissed and change someone's opinion about such a deal if it came up.

bread's done
Back