New kitty - what should I name it?

Backlash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
We just got a 5 month old black boy kitten. What should we name him? I might like a name from a video game or comic book, but I can't think of any really good ones. Some possibilities are

Diablo
Shadow
Megaman

Vader and Neo are cool names for a black cat, but way overdone.

Yeah, there have been lots of thread called "Help me name my " but this one's different because it's about my cat :)

Edit:

Here's his page on Petfinder: http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5040067

(Of course he already has a name, but he's young so we're taking the liberty of renaming him).

[quote name='Backlash']I also thought about Batman, but I'm pretty sure this kitty is heterosexual.[/QUOTE]

Superman is gay?

[quote name='chickenhawk']Is it a girl or a boy? If it's a girl, I say Ivory. ;)[/QUOTE]
Considering that Diablo, Shadow, Megaman, Vader and Neo were the OPs suggestions...I'd probably say a boy.

[quote name='Backlash']No, I was trying to make fun of Batman. Unsuccessfully.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy! Superman harbors more homosexual tendencies than batman

[quote name='Msia']The real question is where are the pics?[/QUOTE]

No pics from us yet. We're getting him from a rescue place and he's actually going to the vey today to get neutered and have another checkup (for worms, mites, etc). We'll bring him home tonight.

Here's his page on Petfinder: http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=5040067

(Of course he already has a name, but he's young so we're taking the liberty of renaming him).

[quote name='onetrackmind']Blasphemy! Superman harbors more homosexual tendencies than batman[/QUOTE]

Batman is a bit of a player. But then Superman never wore a rubber suit with nipples on it. But we're getting OT.

Do your new cat a favor and dont name him/her after a video game/comic/et al. Just name it Mittens or some other names cats have.

Name him after one of your close friends, both first name and last name. And you can only refer to the cat using both first and last names. If your friends name is Mike Brown, call the cat Mike Brown and not Mike or Brown. And get mad at anyone who doesn't call him using both names.

Game-y names:

Dante
Belmont
Kain
Something from Night Warriors... I can't think of any at the moment...

Other names:

Kuro (Japanese for black)
Mitternacht (German for Midnight, and probably way too long a name for a cat)
Alucard

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Considering that Diablo, Shadow, Megaman, Vader and Neo were the OPs suggestions...I'd probably say a boy.[/QUOTE]

Haha...good point.

[quote name='Msia']Do your new cat a favor and dont name him/her after a video game/comic/et al. Just name it Mittens or some other names cats have.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious as to how this is doing the cat a favor.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I'm curious as to how this is doing the cat a favor.[/QUOTE]

Same. Will the other cats make fun of it?

[quote name='Backlash']Same. Will the other cats make fun of it?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah probably. I am not a big fan of "typical" pet names, personally. Mitten is a horrible name for a cat IMHO.

[quote name='Backlash']Same. Will the other cats make fun of it?[/QUOTE]
Shoot, even if that was true, wouldn't the vg/comic named cat just say "At least my owner cared enough to think more than 2 seconds on a name"

I've got a good video game one.

Shattenjager (Pronounced Sha-ten-yea-ger)

It's from the Gabriel Knight games by Sierra. It's german for Shadow Hunter.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Shoot, even if that was true, wouldn't the vg/comic named cat just say "At least my owner cared enough to think more than 2 seconds on a name"[/QUOTE]
I just think it sounds ridiculous. If you're going to go that route then you have to take it to the next level and go above and beyond by naming it Cloud, Aeris, Sephiroth, etc. Whats wrong with having a normal name like regular people have?

[quote name='Msia']I just think it sounds ridiculous. If you're going to go that route then you have to take it to the next level and go above and beyond by naming it Cloud, Aeris, Sephiroth, etc. Whats wrong with having a normal name like regular people have?[/QUOTE]

I think pets should have cool names. If that happens to be a typical pet name, fine. If that happens to be a video game character, fine. Also, some names just "fit" the pet perfectly. My two cats have names that fit them perfectly. One is a very common pet name and one isn't.

[quote name='Msia']I just think it sounds ridiculous. If you're going to go that route then you have to take it to the next level and go above and beyond by naming it Cloud, Aeris, Sephiroth, etc. Whats wrong with having a normal name like regular people have?[/QUOTE]
You said giving it a name like a cat name. I know no one named Mittens.

shadow is the name of my black cat...he is somewhat fat now...when he was a kitten he ate some string and it got tangled in his intestine...they had to operate...cost me $1300 but i never regretted it (so far)...damn cat loves plastic bags or cellophane...

the one in the picture is my wifes cat pumpkin aka babylions

Why do poeple think naming something after a video game character or anime show or a Japanese word is always so clever and cute and brilliant?

I'm just curious.

WOW LOOK MY HANDLE IS CLOUD47, I SURE HOPE SOMEONE GETS THE REFERENCE.

But what do I know? I'm naming my next dog Menchi.... :p

It's not clever or brilliant. It's a nod toward something I like. How could naming something be clever or brilliant, no matter what it's named?

[quote name='Jedi1979']shadow is the name of my black cat...he is somewhat fat now...when he was a kitten he ate some string and it got tangled in his intestine...they had to operate...cost me $1300 but i never regretted it (so far)...damn cat loves plastic bags or cellophane...

the one in the picture is my wifes cat pumpkin aka babylions[/QUOTE]

it cost you $1300, it cost the vet $5....i hate vets...taking advantage of pet owner's love for their pet

[quote name='Strell']Why do poeple think naming something after a video game character or anime show or a Japanese word is always so clever and cute and brilliant?

I'm just curious.

WOW LOOK MY HANDLE IS CLOUD47, I SURE HOPE SOMEONE GETS THE REFERENCE.

But what do I know? I'm naming my next dog Menchi.... :p[/QUOTE]

I named my cat Azrael.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I named my cat Azrael.[/QUOTE]

Then you damn well have better chopped some rats' tails off, fitted them with tiny white shoes and hats, and stained their fur blue.

Otherwise you shouldn't have that luxury.

:)

bread's done
Back