77 (100%)
Update 6/1 - Metal Gear Solid Rising Announced at E3:

rising060109.jpg

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2009/en/

-------------------------------------------------------------

Update 5/14 - website up:

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/13/japanese-mag-teases-kojima-announcement-on-may-18/

kojimateaserfamitsu130509580.jpg

A teaser image found in a Japanese magazine by GameTrailers forum member "hweita" indicates that we'll be hearing more -- ie, something -- about Kojima Productions' next project very soon. As you can see above, the image shows a field below a gathering storm. The URL underneath the date currently doesn't exist, but no doubt it will be up and ready for us to view on Monday, May 18.

This corresponds somewhat -- though not entirely -- with the email that was received by 1Up just yesterday. The email contained the same URL, though the indication was that the reveal was only three days away on May 15. Regardless, it's clear we'll be hearing something within the next week that will explain the image above.

Article by Jem Alexander

Last edited by a moderator:
You should post the pics of all the things they deciphered in the clouds. Personally, I see a cartoony old snake and a 360 controller, but I'm pretty sure it will be nothing with NGS.

Awesome, I wouldn't mind a new Zone of the Enders. Or maybe you play as a cloud and you are trying to attack a field, that would be fun.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']I didn't either, but I saw some pics of things circles and outlines and it made sense...sort of.

clouds_kojima.jpg

more_clouds.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

I can't tell if this is supposed to be serious or not. :lol:

It's Tornado Outbreak. Gamefly has a listing for a game named Tornado Outbreak with Konami as the publisher. That photo is definitely showcasing tornado-making conditions.

the website has been updated to flash a 5/S when the lighting strikes. Unfortunately- that doesn't get us anywhere. He has 3 possible directions to take that:

Snatchers
MGS5
Boktai 5

I really want it to be a MGS game- and it really could be based on the meta tags, but i'm trying to prep my brain for the fact that it will be Boktai.

It's probably Project S. It's Hideo Kojima, no way it's as simple as MGS5.

On a happier note, it'll be announced on my birthday. I told the world MGS4 way the ebst game ever made, and i was rewarded.

Take THAT MOM AND DAD!

:cry:

92 hours left? Thought it was going to be revealed tomorrow. May 18th was just the start of the countdown. Nice.

I pray that it's Project S.

I'm still thinking it will be Tornado Outbreak and that the 5 will stand for F5, the highest classification of tornado.

Someone on the joystiq forum showed a picture from the site that displayed a date of april 8th (or 18th), 2007. They suspect that it's in relation to a post on 1up related to project S.

It's not a date related to MGS (either release dates or story dates) from what I can tell.

[quote name='nbballard']the website has been updated to flash a 5/S when the lighting strikes. Unfortunately- that doesn't get us anywhere. He has 3 possible directions to take that:

Snatchers
MGS5
Boktai 5

I really want it to be a MGS game- and it really could be based on the meta tags, but i'm trying to prep my brain for the fact that it will be Boktai.[/QUOTE]
It could also be referencing an F-5 tornado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upnIBFvhdlM

EDIT: BEATEN!!! Damn you, Scorch!!! :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Scorch']92 hours left? Thought it was going to be revealed tomorrow. May 18th was just the start of the countdown. Nice.

I pray that it's Project S.

I'm still thinking it will be Tornado Outbreak and that the 5 will stand for F5, the highest classification of tornado.[/QUOTE]

Let me take a wild baseless guess...
Project S and Tornado Outbreak are one in the same. It will be the spiritual successor to one of Suda's past games, Michigan: Report from Hell, only instead of playing as a cameraman of a news crew going up against leech monsters, you'll be the cameraman guiding a group of storm chasers who get close to tornadoes and other serious weather conditions. (Project Storm Chaser? Project Suda?)

They will probably keep it going until E3. It'd be silly to announce it right before E3 when it's so damn close...

Announcements of announcements of announcements are a gaming trend I think we can all let die. If it is a metal gear, I expect it to take forever to come out.

Cao Cao, Project S is related to Snatcher.

[quote name='nbballard']Someone on the joystiq forum showed a picture from the site that displayed a date of april 8th (or 18th), 2007. They suspect that it's in relation to a post on 1up related to project S.[/QUOTE]

Rule #1: You do not tease a Snatcher revival.

Rule #2: You do NOT tease a Snatcher revival.

Snatcher's in my top 3 favorite games of all time, the soundtrack's on my Winamp playlist, I have the original Sega CD game and a backup of it on a CD-R.. and a backup of the backup, just in case something happens to the backup. It's a fantastic game and a modern day revival or sequel.. shit, even a port to the DS, PSP or even the iPhone would make me need new pants..

Looks like MGS5 to me cuz when there's a thunder you see Number 5 or it could be S. The setting in the background doesn't really resemble mgs5 though.

[quote name='luan87us']Looks like MGS5 to me cuz when there's a thunder you see Number 5 or it could be S. The setting in the background doesn't really resemble mgs5 though.[/QUOTE]

How can a background "not really resemble" MGS5 when MGS5 hasn't been announced yet? And I doubt it's something a simple as MGS5. They wouldn't announce MGS5 from some little flash site. I don't think it'll be a huge announcement. I think this is getting blown way out of proportion because it's Kojima.

[quote name='Scorch']I think this is getting blown way out of proportion because it's Kojima.[/QUOTE]

any way you look at it, it's still a Kojima production- i'm excited.

I hear it's just going to be another countdown (until E3). Maybe the weather will change, clouds move to reveal something... that's how I would handle a supposed MGS5 teaser site.

Am i the only loser sitting here waiting for the timer to end?

Just wondering ;)

It is my birthday, so if it's a mega-ton announcement, i'll remember it forever. I love Kojima :).

[quote name='the_punisher']Am i the only loser sitting here waiting for the timer to end?

Just wondering ;)

It is my birthday, so if it's a mega-ton announcement, i'll remember it forever. I love Kojima :).[/QUOTE]

Well Happy Birthday, may it be filled to the brim with games, anime and whatever else you desire.

[quote name='thelonepig']Well Happy Birthday, may it be filled to the brim with games, anime and whatever else you desire.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Leme see.....Kojima to become president?

(I can vote now)

GamingSetup-5.jpg

Aaaand the site goes down, due to everyone trying to access it at once. You'd think that these places would learn by now.

[quote name='the_punisher']Am i the only loser sitting here waiting for the timer to end?

Just wondering ;)

It is my birthday, so if it's a mega-ton announcement, i'll remember it forever. I love Kojima :).[/QUOTE]

Its my Birthday also:bouncy: Happy Bday to you also

[quote name='Cao Cao']Aaaand the site goes down, due to everyone trying to access it at once. You'd think that these places would learn by now.[/QUOTE]

You'd think so, right? Hasn't this happened every time a big announcement comes?

*sighs, waits for page to load*

[quote name='Scorch']You'd think. Punisher - No Substance LE? Loser.[/QUOTE]

It's there, i have the box too, i can take a pic of that if you want, i just separated out the DVD's to make the collection look cooler. :cool:

EDIT: Wait, there is no MGS2 LE....

[quote name='Poor2More']Its my Birthday also:bouncy: Happy Bday to you also[/QUOTE]

Happy b-day to you also :)

[quote name='Scorch']Punisher - I'm just joking with you. I have pretty much the same collection, minus the PSP stuff.[/QUOTE]

I missed the joke, so i'll pretend to laugh. :lol:

Most of the PSP stuff is still unplayed, but it looks cool :D.

*has the page loading on IE and Chrome*

It was a countdown to a countdown. :lol: There is 199 hours and 30 minutes to go now, which ends at about Saturday, May 30 at 4:40 AM EST, if I added correctly.

The clouds are darker and there is more haze/fog and the letter of the countdown is the capital and lowercase forms of the letter "E."

Edit: The S/5 thing is also there, too.

bread's done
Back