New Mega Man Legends Confirmed!!

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Wow. I didn't think even a giant Japanese company could come up with such an effective way to say fuck you.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. First Parasite Eve 3 was announced for cell phones, now this? Bleh...

So it'll be years if it even reaches State-side since their phones can effectively play games much better than US phones, I think. I've heard that somewhere before... and I'm not particularly inspired to source it. (Crisis Core comes to mind.)

There WILL be blood.

WHAT THE fuck????????????

The Dead Rising/Lost Planet engine WAS made with Mega Man Legends 3 in mind, Capcom has admitted as much! why the HELL is it not a next gen project?

[quote name='jer7583']why the HELL is it not a next gen project?[/QUOTE]

Because Capcom loves to screw over the name that got them off the ground by making mediocre portables...

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']If I'm looking at the right thing, their cell phones have really good graphics.[/QUOTE]

thats what i was thinking.......
maybe this is just a precurser(sp) to the full game.....kinda like what they are doing with final fantasy, i heard a while ago when they release the new one they are also releasing a string of cell phone games too.

It's a lot cheaper to do this than a full next-gen game. So hopefully this will hype up enough Japanese people for the series that they'll follow it up with a console game.

Don't ask me why, but nearly every response in this thread had me rolling. It's all so strongly negative... and hilarious!

I agree this is shoddy as crap though.

[quote name='Strell']Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

Don't ask me to believe it, because I just fucking can't![/quote]
cantbelieveithc4uo7.jpg

[quote name='botticus']RE4 is also going mobile. They love them some cell phones in Japan.[/QUOTE]

YEA I saw that too over at REHORROR.NET

With scans too :O

From the looks of it, they turned down the polygons (as you can see blocker edges) to make it work and they changed the villagers to blue guys with red eyes? ok.........

still an impressive feet if you ask me.

Instead of blaming Japanese publishers for making games on a popular platform, blame the US market for not having cellphones that can play those kinds of games. I bet right now some kids in Japan is thinking how much Capcom rules for this cellphone version.

First Kingdom Hearts and now this. I don't care if my cel phone has the processing power of a PS3 and the game would be available for free download tomorrow at 9am. If it's anything more time consuming than Pac-Man, I don't want to play games on the phone.

Do Japanese phones look like a Gameboy or something? I just can't imagine why someone would choose to play a game with any type of length to it with a fucking keypad unless they were REALLY desperate to have some kind of interactive entertainment immediately.

This trend just confuses me.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']First Kingdom Hearts and now this. I don't care if my cel phone has the processing power of a PS3 and the game would be available for free download tomorrow at 9am. If it's anything more time consuming than Pac-Man, I don't want to play games on the phone.

Do Japanese phones look like a Gameboy or something? I just can't imagine why someone would choose to play a game with any type of length to it with a fucking keypad unless they were REALLY desperate to have some kind of interactive entertainment immediately.

This trend just confuses me.[/QUOTE]

from what I understand, all people in Japan do on the morning commute is play with their cellphones.

[quote name='Apossum']from what I understand, all people in Japan do on the morning commute is play with their cellphones.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. Actually, the men grope women, and the women submit because they're supposed to.

[quote name='62t']Instead of blaming Japanese publishers for making games on a popular platform, blame the US market for not having cellphones that can play those kinds of games. I bet right now some kids in Japan is thinking how much Capcom rules for this cellphone version.[/quote]Nah, I'm happy having a portable console. I don't even use the music functions on my phone, heaven knows I wouldn't buy games for it.

Megaman Legends was pretty hard to wrangle with a controller. If I had to do those bloody skating sequences with a keypad I think my fingers would fall off.

[quote name='62t']Instead of blaming Japanese publishers for making games on a popular platform, blame the US market for not having cellphones that can play those kinds of games. I bet right now some kids in Japan is thinking how much Capcom rules for this cellphone version.[/quote]
Actually,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7889728&postcount=81

The cell phones that can play these types of games are out there in the US Market (BREW 3.0+ platforms, etc.).

The problem is that Americans don't upgrade their mobile phones as often as the Japanese do, so more Japanese people have better phones and thus it is more profitable to develop better looking/playing games in that kind of environment.

I don't understand the negativity for mobile games, though. It's perfect for quick games that you'll have on hand. Not everyone brings their DS everywhere, but quite a lot bring their cellphones everywhere. And there's quality games to be found as well.

[quote name='B:L']I don't understand the negativity for mobile games, though. It's perfect for quick games that you'll have on hand. Not everyone brings their DS everywhere, but quite a lot bring their cellphones everywhere. And there's quality games to be found as well.[/quote] It's because our mobile services are out to fuck us in the ass with all sorts of service charges that make us NOT want upgrade or fiddle around with them. Not to mention, not many games work very well with a vertical screen. N-Gage has taught us this. :(

Don't worry, it's NOT Mega Man Legends 3, just some spin-off Legends game to test the waters in Japan. Odds are, if the desire is still there after so many years of Legends 2, they'll put the resources in to make at LEAST a PS2/Gamecube Legends game.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Chacrana']Incorrect. Actually, the men grope women, and the women submit because they're supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Actually I've heard the women have separate trains now or can.

Haha, awesome.

Also, HOLY SHIT, check out these other cell games they're working on:
bio4_00.jpg
cdevil.jpg
cbio.jpg

RE4 and DMC on mobile, what the fuck, jesus christ. Amazing.

[quote name='Chacrana']Incorrect. Actually, the men grope women, and the women submit because they're supposed to.[/QUOTE]

good point. and thank you for reminding me, cause now I know what I'm doing a term paper on for my gender + politics class. :lol:

[quote name='62t']Instead of blaming Japanese publishers for making games on a popular platform, blame the US market for not having cellphones that can play those kinds of games. I bet right now some kids in Japan is thinking how much Capcom rules for this cellphone version.[/quote]

Actually no I'll still blame the publishers. This is fucking stupid. I don't care if their phones can play Gears of War. A cellphone is a horrible interface for these kinds of games. They were designed to call people.

[quote name='DQT']Actually no I'll still blame the publishers. This is fucking stupid. I don't care if their phones can play Gears of War. A cellphone is a horrible interface for these kinds of games. They were designed to call people.[/quote]

There are phones out there that are quite accommodating to gameplay. But the important thing to keep in mind is that mobile games are designed to be played on the handset.

For trivia games and turn based games like Doom RPG, you can take all the time you want to control things precisely.

For more action oriented games like Resident Evil: The Missions, you can turn and shoot with relative ease.

For really action oriented games...well, let's just say I can bust out Zangief spinning piledrivers in Street Fighter II and I can beat Mega Man II on mobile phones.

They're more suited to gaming than you think. People just aren't used to gaming on them as much as they have in Japan.

That's why Japan gets Mega Man Legends and Resident Evil 4 on their mobile phones.

I'll take your word for it. Good news is, at least I know I'm not the only one who loved the Mega Man Legends games.

Wait, aren't DS Lites selling like hot cakes in Japan? Why couldn't they put it on that and not cellphone? It'd be way easier to see and I'm positive It'd have better gameplay.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Wait, aren't DS Lites selling like hot cakes in Japan? Why couldn't they put it on that and not cellphone? It'd be way easier to see and I'm positive It'd have better gameplay.[/quote]

Cause more people own cell phones. And trust me, in Japan, they constantly use them. If you ever go to Tokyo you'll see about 50% of the people are texting or playing with their phones, and not just on trains but just walking around. It's kinda annoy to see.

bread's done
Back