New Moon [Best Buy Exclusive] DVD & Blu-ray SteelBook™

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
According to DVDTalk user, Best Buy will be getting New Moon SteelBook on DVD & Blu-ray. This will be up for pre-sale just like Snow White, UP & This Is It. Keep your eyes on this.

Price: $29.99 Sale (Saturday, March 20th - Sunday, March 21st)
Doorbuster Price: $24.99 Sale (Saturday, March 20th @ 10am-2pm)
Pre-Sale Price: $10.00 (Deposit Required)
Pre-Sale Date: Friday, January 29, 2010.
Release Date: Saturday, March 20, 2010.

Blu-ray

2 Disc DVD

The New Moon DVD date is official! On Sat., 3/20 be the first to get the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD or Special Edition Blu-Ray!

http://twitter.com/Twilight

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, my girlfriend will be so ex... well, she'd probably just ask, "What's a steelbook?"

Let's hope Best Buy learned nobody want's a DVD sized blu-ray case!

[quote name='fizzywix']Hey, my girlfriend will be so ex... well, she'd probably just ask, "What's a steelbook?"

Let's hope Best Buy learned nobody want's a DVD sized blu-ray case![/QUOTE]

I agree about the DVD sized case, I'm hoping BB will give a Blu sized case and not like the Hurt Locker and This is It.

sisters will enjoy this.

and I will enjoy the steelbook! :p

any release date for this yet? Amazon doesn't have anything posted up in terms of a date.

[quote name='fizzywix']Hey, my girlfriend will be so ex... well, she'd probably just ask, "What's a steelbook?"

Let's hope Best Buy learned nobody want's a DVD sized blu-ray case![/QUOTE]

The beginning of that reads like you're going to break up with your girlfriend if she wanted this. Which would've been awesome.

oh boy...

why certainly OP, i love New Moon and the Twilight Series.

in for as many copies as my credit card can afford!

[quote name='xbox_mole']Must know more! Keep us posted![/QUOTE]

I felt the urge to post solely based on the fact that your avatar's mickey ears are full of win.

that is all :)

[quote name='James1221']if i buy this it is with the intention of reselling it to little teen girls on ebay for mucho dinero.[/QUOTE]
this, my town is full of twitards :lol: i couldn't even drive around turkey creek when the movie opened cause some of the stars came

im going to buy every steelbook from both our bestbuys and ill sell em on craigslist/ebay :lol::lol:

Ok, as far as all the twilight bashing, this one was pretty cool. Having suffered thru the first one multiple times, I was dreading getting dragged to the theatre to see New Moon. I actually enjoyed it though. the special effects were a lot better, even when the werewolves popped up. It had a very Never Ending Story vibe to how they looked in the face.

Thanks a lot OP. This is the best news I've seen today and will be glad to pick up this exclusive SteelBook to keep in my collection!! I'll probably even pre-order or do whatever I have to do to secure my copy early!! But I'm a little confused OP, are you for sure indicating that SteelBook will be a-plenty on shelves and can be had for only $5? (like w/ Snow White, Up, etc.) or will this be like the Hurt Locker release??

[quote name='Penguin1084']I felt the urge to post solely based on the fact that your avatar's mickey ears are full of win.

that is all :)[/QUOTE]

Gotta show love for the company I used to work for. :)

[quote name='neuropunk']I feel sorry for people who want this movie.

RIP vampires.[/QUOTE]

Vampires live again with Daybreakers :)

[quote name='Mako1215']Don't want this damn movie, but want damn steelbook.[/QUOTE]

i am sure you dont, just like the few in this thread.

Enjoy your Vampire named Edward everyone!.

Well it's a pre-sale. Technically just pay the down payment and leave with the steelbook and don't come back for the movie.

Hopefully like This Is It, $4.99.

[quote name='spidamatrix']So how is it gay to own the movie, but not to own the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

Just like people that collect Pez dispensers, do you think every single one of them likes Pez candy? I'm a steelbook collector, even if I don't always like the accompanying movie.

And gay was your word, not mine.

[quote name='spidamatrix']So how is it gay to own the movie, but not to own the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

Think maybe you wanted that reversed? Own the steelbook, not the movie...?

[quote name='GizmoGC']No Steelbook of the first movie = no sale. Not going to have an odd looking BD on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. I imported from Spain. I have one of these but already out-of-prints.

[quote name='GizmoGC']No Steelbook of the first movie = no sale. Not going to have an odd looking BD on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

I feel kind of the same wish it was buy New Moon steel book at $34.99 and get a free steelbook of the first movie.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Yes it does. I imported from Spain. I have one of these but already out-of-prints.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm aware of that version of Twilight but its Region B and the spine does not say 'Twilight' in English. To me, it does not exist. And since no American version of exists, and no idea if Eclipse will be a Steelbook, I'll be passing.

[quote name='opterasis']Just like people that collect Pez dispensers, do you think every single one of them likes Pez candy? I'm a steelbook collector, even if I don't always like the accompanying movie.

And gay was your word, not mine.[/QUOTE]

They should just release all DVDs/BRs in steelbooks. I think then you'll be screwed ;)

[quote name='Serialkilla']This is perfect for me, my wife gets the movie and I get the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

Same thought came to my mind too.
I'm keeping the steel, and she can keep her homo movie.

[quote name='Mako1215']Same thought came to my mind too.
I'm keeping the steel, and she can keep her homo movie.[/QUOTE]
This is what collectors with wives actually believe!

Your wife is going to force you to watch it with her and you are going to go gay for Edward :hot:

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I already add the date on that same day. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I figured you did! but was in too much of a rush to check haha.

you are the steelbook king!

[quote name='cRodz']This is what collectors with wives actually believe!

Your wife is going to force you to watch it with her and you are going to go gay for Edward :hot:
[/QUOTE]

hmm if I were going to go gay... it would be for someone at least remotely attractive and that doesn't admit to having some major personal hygiene problems. IE: bathing regularly.

;)

According to Brauna (new product buyer), New Moon is also coming to Future Shop in Canada. Here are 2 other releases coming to Future Shop.

2012 - March 2, 2010
New Moon - March 20, 2010
Sherlock Holmes - March 30, 2010

Tentative

Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones Quadrilogy
Aliens Quadrilogy
Dr. Zhivago
Saving Private Ryan
Jurassic Park
Scarface
Back To The Future Trilogy

[quote name='cRodz']This is what collectors with wives actually believe!

[/QUOTE]

Not married... it's for my girlfriend, and we don't live together. So I don't have to watch it EVER.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Why have both Twilight movies come out at retail on Saturday's instead of the normal Tuesday release?[/QUOTE]

Let's break this down.

Question: Who is the primary audience for the Twilight movies?
Answer: Kids/Tweens

Question: If the BD/DVD can out Tuesday, would kids still have to go to school?
Answer: Yes

Question: So, a Saturday/Sunday release would mean kids wouldn't have to miss school for Midnight launches, right?
Answer: Right!

[quote name='Josef']Vampires live again with Daybreakers :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, overall it was great, but had a few huge flaws.

Could have been epic. Still one of the better vampire movies though.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Let's break this down.

Question: Who is the primary audience for the Twilight movies?
Answer: Kids/Tweens

Question: If the BD/DVD can out Tuesday, would kids still have to go to school?
Answer: Yes

Question: So, a Saturday/Sunday release would mean kids wouldn't have to miss school for Midnight launches, right?
Answer: Right![/QUOTE]

you, sir, know and understand the target marketing concept and should be promoted at your job, disregarding of your working profession at your job.

thanks for the update iNCREDiPiNOY!

I wonder why the description says "pre-sell card" in there, but it's $10. I hope it means you're taking the Steelbook with you for $10. I think I'll be in for 2 if that is the case..I was getting scared when I saw the Saturday and possible midnight release, but all is good!! Now who wants to bet that finding them on the shelf next friday will be a fluke?...like dependent on their trucks or UPS..

I'm new to the whole steelbook thing. So are they usually limited releases? Anyway, regarding this movie, will Best Buy have the Steelbook available only through pre-order or what? I'll inform my GF cuz I'm sure she'd like to have anything SE dealing with this movie.

bread's done
Back