New Mortal Kombat game comming out, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

DT778

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
http://www.trmk.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8403952

"Here is a quick run down of the features mentioned in the article:

• Atleast 60 playable characters, "all the characters from Mortal Kombat fighting history". But they do mention that Motaro may not make the cut. Character select screen is so large that it has to rotate to reveal them all.
  • Create a Kombatant system for customizable characters.
  • The Fatalitiy system will be "reinvented," but no elaboration on that yet.
  • Air Combo system implemented that allows string combos in mid-air.
  • Throws can now be executed so that you toss the opponent where you want to. This helps with stage deathtraps, making them much more of a threat than before.
  • Konquest mode is now based off of the Shaolin Monks engine. This will allow the game to much more dynamic and expansive.
  • Game to be released for PlayStation 2 and Xbox in October 2006."
Hopefully it will be a great game. Also what the hell is that thunder cats looking goro on the fourth image?

[quote name='DT778']Also what the hell is that thunder cats looking goro on the fourth image?[/QUOTE]

That would be Kintaro from MKII.

OMG!!!!!!! All characters from the MK history!!!!!!!1 this is an MK fan's wet dream!!!! I have always said and dreamed of there being an ultimate mortal kombat kollection. And now the prophecy has been fulfilled! fuck ya!

Not much of a surprise considering that Boon has said that there will be a new MK game every year now with the fighting series and action adventure series alternating years

Edit: Rain looks amazing

Konquest mode is now based off of the Shaolin Monks engine. This will allow the game to much more dynamic and expansive.

Thank. God.

Needless to say, the original Konquest mode was terrible.

And, wow; 60 playable fighters is very ambitious.

Wow...that's going to be absolutely amazing. I wish it was going to be on the 360 as well, so that it could take advatage of the new Live system and achievements and all that jazz.

Man, this is some of the greatest gaming news to come out in a while, imho. I loved MK Trilogy, cuz for me, more characters=better (see MvsC2).

Plus, Xbox/PS2 means I can actually play it :)

Nice, I like how they are bringing everyone back. It's pretty cool that Lui Kang looks like an undead zombie. I hope that now Konquest mode uses the Shaolin Monks engine, that it has a 2-player coop mode.

I like how they are bringing everyone back. However what if this is just a rehash of the other titles. I guess we will have to see. Someone tell Boon anytime they want they can make another better engine.

[quote name='basketkase543']Stryker.....seriously.....Stryker

They didn't need to have EVERY character.[/QUOTE]

Yes they did. This is fucking sick.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i didnt see mokap or the fire guy. whos the really big guy in the back. the one on fire.[/QUOTE]

Mokap is in the first shot, towards the top to the far right.

wow, 60 characters. I really hope there is a some major game testing to make sure that the game play is balanced. It looks like I will hold off buying MK:Deception even longer.

[quote name='Arikado']This game is almost guaranteed to be broken, but it still looks awesome.

Stryker, bitches. Holla.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm thinking. If they can't do ground combos right, how the hell are they gonna move up to air combos?

it's guaranteed to be broken. What MK game would be without its brokeness? Plus, the brokeness makes the game more enjoyable since I don't have to take it as seriouse as most fighters.

wow. I might actually buy this. I didn't really like Deadly Alliance or Deception, but got Deception for like a penny so I gave it a whirl.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i didnt see mokap or the fire guy. whos the really big guy in the back. the one on fire.[/QUOTE]

the middle of the picture is missing

[quote name='Stice']That's exactly what I'm thinking. If they can't do ground combos right, how the hell are they gonna move up to air combos?[/QUOTE]

10:1 the air combos will be the same thing as the ground combos but in the air, further destroying any possibility of high level play in 3D MK and making it 100% rewarding for turtlers. :lol:

this should be fun as hell though.

and they should just replace stryker with chuck norris already

Here's a link with some magazine scans from something...I didn't bother to read the text.
http://www.mygen.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=443&pl=2&pl=2

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's guaranteed to be broken. What MK game would be without its brokeness? Plus, the brokeness makes the game more enjoyable since I don't have to take it as seriouse as most fighters.[/QUOTE]

An MK game without broken characters would be a better MK game. And a balanced game can still be enjoyable. That's why MvC2 is still played (if you only count the balance amongst the top tier). The bottom line: MK, as usual, will probably be a great video game and a crappy fighting game.

[quote name='Stice']The bottom line: MK, as usual, will probably be a great video game and a crappy fighting game.[/QUOTE]
Well put.

[quote name='DT778']Also what the hell is that thunder cats looking goro on the fourth image?[/QUOTE]

That's great news!

And you should be dragged down the street for that last comment. :)

[quote name='Xevious']Shouldn't the topic sentence say:

Knew Kmortal Kombat Kgame Komming Kout, Kmortal Kombat: Karmageddon[/QUOTE]

corrected.

[quote name='Scorch']:rofl:

I mean.. :krofl:[/QUOTE]

and now, a short explination on how this krap works.

Mortal Kombat K's kan not be just places in front of any word. The K's can only replaces C's in the english language... for example:

Kombat
Klumsy
Kock
Komb

Placing a K in front of any word simply does not do the trick. In Mortal Kombat text, rofl would still be spelled rofl, not krofl. If the rule worked like that, each sentence would look retarded. For example:

ki kdo knot kknow khow kto kwrite kmortal kkombat kstyle.

And that was Kombat Klass with Jaket

[quote name='Jaket']and now, a short explination on how this krap works.

Mortal Kombat K's kan not be just places in front of any word. The K's can only replaces C's in the english language... for example:

Kombat
Klumsy
Kock
Komb

Placing a K in front of any word simply does not do the trick. In Mortal Kombat text, rofl would still be spelled rofl, not krofl. If the rule worked like that, each sentence would look retarded. For example:

ki kdo knot kknow khow kto kwrite kmortal kkombat kstyle.

And that was Kombat Klass with Jaket[/QUOTE]
k:dunce:

I thought everyone already knew that kombat kode was used by replacing "c" with a "k" And it is often only replacing the "c" with a "k" if it is the first letter of the word. Like before: kat or kunt. but if the "c" is in the middle of the word it normally remains a "c"

Like koconut is acceptable, not kokonut.

[quote name='Apossum']corrected.[/QUOTE]

Apossum, your avatar is disturbing to me. You should give it a fatality

bread's done
Back