New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

[quote name='Maklershed']I was set until 2012. I wonder if the sub will be rolled over to another Hearst publication.[/quote]

Did you overhear on the most recent CAGcast that the name "EGM" was kept in the sale/buyout/merger? I wonder if this means that, after a brief period of time, EGM may come back?

[quote name='homeland']It wasn't part of the sale and, its not coming back.[/QUOTE]

though i tend to agree maybe if enough of us complain maybe they will pull a family guy kind of come back. prob not but maybe...

Has anyone gotten a postcard or anything about what is going to happen to our EGM subscriptions. Usually they send little postcards telling us that our subs have been switched to another publication. I have not received anything. Are they just going to ignore us?

[quote name='drawingboard']Has anyone gotten a postcard or anything about what is going to happen to our EGM subscriptions. Usually they send little postcards telling us that our subs have been switched to another publication. I have not received anything. Are they just going to ignore us?[/QUOTE]

unless i misunderstood their company doesnt publish any other magazine except pc magazine digital. as such it is unlikely that would have anything to offer except possibly that

[quote name='floormat']unless i misunderstood their company doesnt publish any other magazine except pc magazine digital. as such it is unlikely that would have anything to offer except possibly that[/QUOTE]

When PC Magazine print edition went under, they gave subscribers the option to switch over to other magazines such as Maxim and Popular Mechanic.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']When PC Magazine print edition went under, they gave subscribers the option to switch over to other magazines such as Maxim and Popular Mechanic.[/QUOTE]

ok my mistake...

[quote name='drawingboard']Has anyone gotten a postcard or anything about what is going to happen to our EGM subscriptions. Usually they send little postcards telling us that our subs have been switched to another publication. I have not received anything. Are they just going to ignore us?[/quote]

I don't think they are going to offer it on this one. Games for Windows folded and no options were offered with that one either (also a Ziff Davis mag). It was nice that PC mag had alternatives.

playboy digital is out and maxim link is expired too. Anyone have a working one of these 2? Maybe a Shonen Jump or another video game magazine as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone remember ever seeing free nintendo power or game informer? now that my egm sub is gone with 5 years left, idk if im going to get anything else from them, so i wanted another gaming mag.

[quote name='JGram33']does anyone remember ever seeing free nintendo power or game informer? now that my egm sub is gone with 5 years left, idk if im going to get anything else from them, so i wanted another gaming mag.[/quote]

Nope

[quote name='EvilE']any nintendo power, gamepro, or playstation offers?[/quote]

and nope. The only game mags that have come up in the past 2-3 years are EGM and Games for Windows...both are now defunct.

[quote name='EvilE']any nintendo power, gamepro, or playstation offers?[/QUOTE]

Na they actually charge money for those magazines. Maybe thats why they arent out of business yet? hmm.

[quote name='musha666']Na they actually charge money for those magazines. Maybe thats why they arent out of business yet? hmm.[/QUOTE]smartass, party of 1, your table's ready!

[quote name='musha666']Na they actually charge money for those magazines. Maybe thats why they arent out of business yet? hmm.[/QUOTE]

apparently his ass is the only smart part. No magazine is free, we here get free subs throught different companies that pay for them. They do it to promote their companies or whatever reason. But the magazines themselves don't give away free subs...except for complex, I got my free sub from one of their magazines.

[quote name='topdolla69']apparently his ass is the only smart part. No magazine is free, we here get free subs throught different companies that pay for them. They do it to promote their companies or whatever reason. But the magazines themselves don't give away free subs...except for complex, I got my free sub from one of their magazines.[/quote]

That, and the more subscribers a Magazine has the more they can charge for ad space.

Magazines are being killed off because of how easily you can access the same or similar information on the internet for free and because the print industry hasn't changed the way they operate to fit in better with the internet age. Less of a focus on dime-a-dozen reviews, previews and month-late "news" would help. Needs more exclusive original content...and more Cowbell.

woah times are changin...I peeked in here to see if I could score some free mags like the old days but crickets and tumbleweeds have taken over. I remember the good old days of my mailbox filled with like 5.6billion mags from this thread, and that female cag(forget the name) posting deals like crazy. Death of EGM/Stuff/FHM/MAD semi annual now...wow depressing, internet is faster but I'll always like holding the pages in hand and the joyous surprise of finding a new issue in the mailbox.

[quote name='topdolla69']apparently his ass is the only smart part. No magazine is free, we here get free subs throught different companies that pay for them. They do it to promote their companies or whatever reason. But the magazines themselves don't give away free subs...except for complex, I got my free sub from one of their magazines.[/QUOTE]

It was a joke. Dont get so mad. I know other companies take the bill. Ive canceled enough of these free to me subscriptions to know that. Dont have to take everything so seriously. Smile:D

And usually at the beginning of the year (or end) bestdealmagazines.com has some great deals on Nintendo Power/Xbox Mag/PS Mag. Usually about $3 a year like GWO was talking about. Ive used them the last two years with no problems at all.

[quote name='musha666']It was a joke. Dont get so mad. I know other companies take the bill. Ive canceled enough of these free to me subscriptions to know that. Dont have to take everything so seriously. Smile:D

And usually at the beginning of the year (or end) bestdealmagazines.com has some great deals on Nintendo Power/Xbox Mag/PS Mag. Usually about $3 a year like GWO was talking about. Ive used them the last two years with no problems at all.[/quote]
Yah that was what it was - bestdealmags. Only problem I had was that it takes about 1-2 months for the mag to show up (which is explained when you sign up), but as with anything you are waiting for it feels like forever. But it's the best choice for the high end gaming mags.

[quote name='1337sauce']One year - Interview Magazine: http://www.freebizmag.com/emailintviewmag02welcome.htm

never heard of it before, but just thought id share because somebody might want it.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend getting a subscription if you can get it for free. Interview Magazine is one of the most unintentionally hilarious magazines out there. It's chock full of (what else?) interviews with members of the entertainment community, a fact that isn't particularly noteworthy. What pushes it into comedy gold is that special interview that pops up a couple of times an issue where the artist tries to string together a deep and profound thought only for it to come out as inarticulate as you'd expect from Hollywood types. Foreign policy opinion from Henry Kissinger? Interesting. Foreign policy opinion from Lindsay Lohan, as interviewed by French Stewart? Also...interesting :).

Maxim is a "lad mag." Articles on things like beer and fancy cars with pictures of attractive women scattered throughout.

I had my first two issues of Maxim show up in the mail yesterday. it's basically a PG-13 version of Playboy IMHO.

It's an OK mag for free but I certainly would not pay for it.

[quote name='Chitown021']I had my first two issues of Maxim show up in the mail yesterday. it's basically a PG-13 version of Playboy IMHO.

It's an OK mag for free but I certainly would not pay for it.[/quote]

It used to be so much better. Now it's just sporadic crap mixed in with more advertising crap. Occasionally, they'll throw in an article or two that they originally wrote, and published, a few years ago.

Not really "free" but really cheap. Right now if you purchase certain dvds from amazon , you can get a years subscription to US Weekly , Rolling Stone or Mens Journal for $1 each.

I went ahead and picked up Rolling Stone and Mens Journal myself. Figured $1 each for 1 year is worthwhile reading material for when I'm really bored or on the John.:)

[quote name='slowdive21']Thanks, going to get it for my mom. On a side note I think I am black listed at free biz mag for posting too many links.[/quote]
lol how do they know it was you?

bread's done
Back