New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

Isn't Maxim going to go out of business eventually with all these free offers they do? My personal subbie to them expires 2014 and I never paid anything to them. Just seems like a poor business strategy to me...

[quote name='GenPirate']Isn't Maxim going to go out of business eventually with all these free offers they do? My personal subbie to them expires 2014 and I never paid anything to them. Just seems like a poor business strategy to me...[/QUOTE]

You would think, but since they can still brag that they have XX amount of subscribers they can tell advertisers that their ads will reach said amount, so advertisers agree and it's all good. It makes you wonder why all magazines aren't given away for free, but I think that's the theory anyway.

[quote name='GenPirate']Isn't Maxim going to go out of business eventually with all these free offers they do? My personal subbie to them expires 2014 and I never paid anything to them. Just seems like a poor business strategy to me...[/QUOTE]

I believe they are looking more for ad revenue than subscriber revenue. The bigger a subscriber base, the better they can sell ad space and keep big advertisers who are able to spend millions to plug their products in the magazine.

[quote name='COLDblood']I agree sometimes it takes a couple months but they have always showed up.

Then again I don't know if you have a business mailing address you can use... they say they check to see if you qualify but who knows what they check for.

BTW my Forbes arrived:
picture.php
[/QUOTE]

She looks good. Even when she was pregnant, lol. Anyways I just received a phone call that as soon as I soon as I receive my magazines, they'll charge me $3.99 a week. I'm definitely going to cancel as soon as I can. This is just not right...

$3.99 a week? a phone call? lol I would just say fuckand hang up.

Sounds like a scam...

Or they need to change their banner on all the mags they offer
86d54c.gif

I have never had anyone call me, send me an email or snail mail. I have so many magazines subs I'm afraid my mailman is going to file workman comp.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']She looks good. Even when she was pregnant, lol. Anyways I just received a phone call that as soon as I soon as I receive my magazines, they'll charge me $3.99 a week. I'm definitely going to cancel as soon as I can. This is just not right...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='COLDblood']$3.99 a week? a phone call? lol I would just say fuckand hang up.

Sounds like a scam...

Or they need to change their banner on all the mags they offer
86d54c.gif

I have never had anyone call me, send me an email or snail mail. I have so many magazines subs I'm afraid my mailman is going to file workman comp.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys the phone calls are a scam, it was discussed earlier in this thread.

Somehow they get a listing of new magazine subscribers and try to sell you bogus subs.

Take the phone number and type it into a search engine.

Also ask them what magazines they are calling for, usually they will say a list of magazines that aren't even from the same publisher.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey guys the phone calls are a scam, it was discussed earlier in this thread.

Somehow they get a listing of new magazine subscribers and try to sell you bogus subs.

Take the phone number and type it into a search engine.

Also ask them what magazines they are calling for, usually they will say a list of magazines that aren't even from the same publisher.[/QUOTE]

Good to know that it's a scam. I didn't give them my CC info, but it's still a little worrosome that they knew my mailing address...

Got my first issue of Newsweek yesterday. Yay for being up on my current events...as long as they're not more current than a week or two.

Tried for Popular Science, but even as a Buyer for a Medical Device company, I wasn't about to get it?! How is that possible? They must have too many subscribers. :cry:

Thanks for the ESPN sub! Just got my first issue of PlayBoy, the plastic wrap around it was torn a little so you could see inside. Thank god PlayBoy was advertising one of their sites because they covered that ad up with an advertisement for a Jeweler.

[quote name='kodos64']anyone know if the espn sub includes the insider access to the website as well?[/QUOTE]

They used to (a couple of years ago), but I am not sure if they still do.

[quote name='xbox lives on']If it is for a Digital Subscription, it would have a disclaimer at the top like this free subscription for Popular Science:

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/101507[/QUOTE]

Ah, I may have been mistaken. I was doing it from my phone, and after completing it said "Click download to receive your digital files now". However, I just signed up again, and the download link just shows a tiny jpg of the cover of last month's issue.

Thanks for another year :)

[quote name='TAYL0R']links dont work.[/QUOTE]

What a surprise considering the user who posted them hasn't been on the site in nearly 4 years. :dunce:

[quote name='neocisco']What a surprise considering the user who posted them hasn't been on the site in nearly 4 years. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Lol! Was he really expecting offers from 2006 to work?

[quote name='JP']I think this brings my sub end time on Maxim to 2015, for free.[/QUOTE]

Frighteningly--my subscriptions end in 2026...I'll be 59 years old...yes it's creepy...

just tried the post for playboy. It still works even though i didn't get a confirmation email. For the maxium one i did, even though you guys posted that it was digital copies.

I haven't paid for Maxim in over a decade and still have it until 2022. And I just got the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition from them...

bread's done
Back