NEW NBA 2k6 HD trailer up 10.31

I thought about getting NHL2K6, but the guy was like "yeah, we just added one new mode and gave the graphics a polish, that's pretty much the only difference".. I hate sports games but I might grab one to show off the 360.

*watches trailer*

holy !*&!@#$!!!!!! is all of that in-game footage!? I may have to get this! You know what thought scares me? This is only a launch title! This is the product of developers that haven't even utilized the 360 yet. Can you imagine in three years once the 360's true power is discovered (kinda like how they pushed the graphical envelope more and more with the PS2 and XBox) how these games will look!?

[quote name='Scorch']I thought about getting NHL2K6, but the guy was like "yeah, we just added one new mode and gave the graphics a polish, that's pretty much the only difference".. I hate sports games but I might grab one to show off the 360.

*watches trailer*

holy !*&!@#$!!!!!! is all of that in-game footage!? I may have to get this! You know what thought scares me? This is only a launch title! This is the product of developers that haven't even utilized the 360 yet. Can you imagine in three years once the 360's true power is discovered (kinda like how they pushed the graphical envelope more and more with the PS2 and XBox) how these games will look!?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Scorch. ALL of that is IN-GAME FOOTAGE. I don't really like basketball or basketball games, but I am definitely going to give this a try if I get a 360.

The trailer looks great! NBA 2K6 should finally get the sales numbers it deserves, since EA took the lazy route with NBA Live (no franchise, superstar mode watered completely down, etc.).

Yeah, 2K6 looks a lot better this go around....I cannot believe EA did NO franchise. I love franchise in all my sports.

I wonder if EA will release it's college baseball game for the 360. It actually looks pretty darn good.

I finally played NBA 2K6 on Xbox for the first time yesterday, since I couldn't rent Live 06 I just got 2K6. I can honestly say it's the worst basketball game I've played in years! To those of you who are fans of the game, honestly have you tried Nba Live or did you just get stuck in the 2K series when they did their games for $20?? The controls, the players moves, the defense everything feels and looks broken after playing Live.

[quote name='$hady']I finally played NBA 2K6 on Xbox for the first time yesterday, since I couldn't rent Live 06 I just got 2K6. I can honestly say it's the worst basketball game I've played in years! To those of you who are fans of the game, honestly have you tried Nba Live or did you just get stuck in the 2K series when they did their games for $20?? The controls, the players moves, the defense everything feels and looks broken after playing Live.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played 2K6 yet, but I can honestly say that NBA 2K5 is/was easily the best basketball game I had ever played. NBA Live 2005 felt way to arcadey. 2K5 felt a lot more real and it was harder to score. The AI in 2K5 was much more intelligent.

I think NBA Live still looks better, but it's too bad Live is missing so many features.

Microsoft needs to bring back the NBA Inside Drive series. I'd normally get all 3 of the basketball games at some point, and the Inside Drive series always were my favorite.

I think it looks pretty good. I finally played 2K6 for the XBOX and I enjoyed it. I actually liked the right analog stick control. I still needs some polishing, like low post moves...but it was good. I MIGHT get this game....I may just wait until next year also. NBA Live is garbage with the lack of features....no point in getting that (unless it was like $30 or so)

[quote name='Maynard']scorch NHL 2k6 looks amazing, PS remember scorch my wings will poach your panthers any day sucka.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? I was looking at screens and it looks like trash.

lmao The vgm loves to follow me and attempt to trash me, i love you so much. NHL 2k6 looks amazing, go buy the 50 cent game you tard.

NBA live looks good, but it doesn't have the UMPH that 2k6 has. I'm not a basketball fan at ALL, but when i tried Live 06 i felt like the players were skating everywhere and it just didn't move realistically. NBA 2k6 moved a little nicer, but answer me this, is it just that hard to capture the movement of basketball? Not being a smartass just asking, it was just wierd that Live would have ice skating physics for running, seriously.

bread's done
Back