NEW Nintendo Consoles on SALE! DSi-$169/Wii-$238/Wii Fit $85

For those who live in the East and do not have a local SDM that sells video games, RCSS has a tax-free event this week, as per Firestorm's thread. Ends up being a tad more expensive, but savings nonetheless! Thanks gamer!

hmm there a billion SDM stores in toronto...in fact they were the first in all of Canada to sell Nintendo systems.....

yup at RCSS the savings are 12%...compared to 15% here...but money is money...

Also note in case people do collect SDM points, this weekend (18th & 19th) is 15X the points @ SDM which would add up to some serious points and eventual $$ back in savings as well.

Source: The SDM e-mail flyer

Hmm, there's less than a dozen SDM's around me, and I know 100% two of them don't sell games.

And we'll save 13% here in Ontario, so we would spend an extra $8 or so.

I read the flyer. You can either choose the 15X points or 15% off. You need an Optimum Card for the points.

I was looking into buying a DS Lite or even a Wii. I might buy it at SDM instead of RCSS. At least it won't be a MADHOUSE at SDM. The RCSS at Richmond Road, all day everyday, is a total MADHOUSE.

Sounds like the points are the better deal in the big picture. I don't really need a DSi, but a deal's a deal. I might have a look. The old DS Phat is looking a little long in the tooth :)

the only problem is that you need to redeem your points later on a large purchase. So you bite the bullet and pay full price now... but reap the benefits of savings later.

I bought my wii a year ago during the 20x promo. Then used the points to buy wiifit very cheaply from SDM afterwards!

[quote name='sposhead']does that mean Pharmaprix in Quebec would have the same sale?[/quote]

Hang on... do Pharmaprix even have DSi for sale?

if anyone can list locations of SDMs that sell wii games/consoles in scarboro, i'd much appreciate it, thanx,, i do drive by lots of them but they CLOSED late at nite..i think the one by kennedy station opens 24/7 tho

Is there a way to find out which SDM carry games?
The 2 SDM that are convenient to me don't carry any electronics even.

Eglinton square, don mills and lawerence, brimley and eglinton, and mcowan and ellesmere. As far as I know they all sell nintendo stuff

[quote name='Galaki']Is there a way to find out which SDM carry games?
The 2 SDM that are convenient to me don't carry any electronics even.[/QUOTE]

15% on console is nice, i know at least one pharmaprix here in quebec that carry consoles, ill give em a call for sure, would have been nice to have the points on top of the sale lol

[quote name='Galaki']Is there a way to find out which SDM carry games?
The 2 SDM that are convenient to me don't carry any electronics even.[/quote]

I'm not sure if this will help but my method last year was like this:

as a general rule of thumb, any store with a digital photo centre usually sells various electronics like cameras and wiis.

I'm tempted to go pay a visit the SDM on my daily walk, but I can already see what's going to happen:

1: Me walks into SDM.
2: Me sees game section is empty.
3: Me buys an overprice generic 'Life' brand drink and feel sick for the rest of the walk.
4: Me goes on CAG to bitch about it.

:p

20X day usually follows shortly after 15X, and its way better then 15% if you get enough points to maximize the redemption and do it on the right day.

But the chance of getting anything but a DS lite is quite low.

The SDM near my home has plenty of DS Lites. I've decided to get one and NSMB. There still aren't any games since I sold my 2nd Wii in April 2008 to justify buying a 3rd one. $173 for the lot is a good price. I'll make sure I go in the early morning hours.

Just got back from the SDM near my home. Bought a Cobalt Nintendo DS Lite and New Super Mario Brothers for $172.87 total. I saved $30.51.

Got the last DSi at the Burnaby location (Under Best Buy) and my friend got a Wii Fit in Metropolis at Metrotown.

There should be still plenty of Wii and WiiFit's at both locations if anyone wants it

[quote name='kleptodathief']just curious ... do all ebgs have dsi 's in stock or its hot/sold out rare item like sf4 ps3 when it first came out?[/QUOTE]

The EB's in Ottawa west end were sold out on Thursday but were expected to get a few on Friday. I was in the store when guy was looking to trade in his kids DS's for DSi's. He made the sales guy (Josh) call every store even though he told him those stores called him looking for stock. Walmart and stores like that had stock. But EB had the decent trade in deal.

I was thinking about getting a DSi on Saturday but paying $60 more for a couple of cameras and a slightly bigger screen was a little rich for my CAG blood. I'd rather be able to play the odd GBA game over the ability to take pictures.

The DS Lite is great, New Super Mario Brothers is an amazing game. It takes me back to 1992 when Super Mario World was my favorite game.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The EB's in Ottawa west end were sold out on Thursday but were expected to get a few on Friday. I was in the store when guy was looking to trade in his kids DS's for DSi's. He made the sales guy (Josh) call every store even though he told him those stores called him looking for stock. Walmart and stores like that had stock. But EB had the decent trade in deal.[/quote]

I almost went for the tax free event at RCSS this weekend at Superstore on Eagleson. They had about 15 DSis

[quote name='lustyhitter']I was thinking about getting a DSi on Saturday but paying $60 more for a couple of cameras and a slightly bigger screen was a little rich for my CAG blood.[/QUOTE]
Too true. I had my DSi for a week before returning it. It is not even close to worth it.

bread's done
Back