New North American Crystal Xbox package

Fanboy

CAG Newbie
Found this on the Futureshop.ca website -- scheduled for release November 2nd.

10051342.jpg

Price is $249.99 CDN (roughly $199.99 USD), which seems a fair deal with Fable and Crimson Skies packed in.

Now, before I hear any whining about inability to order, they DO NOT ship to the USA.

However, it is a better than fair bet that if we are getting it in Canada (America Jr.), then it should be in Best Buy, Circuit City, WalMart and Target at or around that same date.

Otherwise, I look forward to the influx of cross-border traffic.

Wow, that's kinda neat....I would gladly trade my HALO XBOX for that one.

I do live right by the Canadian border, but not sure about any FutureShop anywhere. There is a WalMart though. (I have a cottage in Canada, so I go there a LOT...in the summer)

I'd be a little more excited about this if you could see anything other than just the RF shielding through that clear plastic case.

Somehow my original black Xbox plays games just as well as the Halo green and the clear plastic... don't understand people replacing perfectly good Xboxes just to get one of these.

And quite honestly, I'd rather have the black if I couldn't get the green.. the clear just looks cheesy to me.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well It's not exactly a North American Crystal XBox if It's coming out of Canada now is it?[/quote]

are you serious????

Canada IS IN North America

North America includes USA, Canada, and Mexico

someone didn't pass basic history and geography classes.

i got a free green one from www.freegreenxbox.com and that will have to suffice.

I like the crystal one tho, i think this is a good idea for microsoft to get people on the fence of getting an xbox to offer this as incentive.

Maybe what Monsta Mack meant was that it isn't "North American" in terms that it doesn't cover the entire Northern Americas, instead it's seemingly just available in Canada.

** btw: Cornfedwb, I agree with you about replacing perfectly working systems with the same ones but of a different color/design.

Well, if it only comes out in Canada, it should be the Canadian Crystal XBOX (Noth American would imply the entire US & Canada)

Also, I would not BUY this to replace a GOOD working XBOX. I bought the HALO XBOX to replace my faulty Thomson Drive XBOX (which I then sold on EBAY)

Yes, this does not warrant a REBUY of the same console....much like a slim PS2 would not make me rebuy if I had a fine old PS2

[quote name='tholly'][quote name='Monsta Mack']Well It's not exactly a North American Crystal XBox if It's coming out of Canada now is it?[/quote]

are you serious????

someone didn't pass basic history and geography classes.[/quote]

I don't think he was denying that Canada is in North America, but rather saying that if it is exclusive to Canada, then calling it a North America package is misleading -- like calling something that is available only in California a US version.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='tholly'][quote name='Monsta Mack']Well It's not exactly a North American Crystal XBox if It's coming out of Canada now is it?[/quote]

are you serious????

someone didn't pass basic history and geography classes.[/quote]

I don't think he was denying that Canada is in North America, but rather saying that if it is exclusive to Canada, then calling it a North America package is misleading -- like calling something that is available only in California a US version.[/quote]

well, then he didn't use proper english.....the word "only" would have fit nicely in there somewhere and would have really cleared that one up.

[quote name='tholly'][quote name='Monsta Mack']Well It's not exactly a North American Crystal XBox if It's coming out of Canada now is it?[/quote]

are you serious????

someone didn't pass basic history and geography classes.[/quote] :rofl:

I would very much doubt that MS would plan any promotion strictly around Canada. Like my original post said (before this thread went higgledy-piggledy), if we got it, youse guys will gets it soons enuffs.

Wow, that' awesome. I'm sure it'll come to the US right after I buy my new Xbox which I have to get in less than two weeks. Yay.

[quote name='xzafixz']The link doesn't work and I can't find it anywhere on the site.[/quote]

Seconded... can anyone actually confirm that this package will be headed to Canada? And even if it is MS already offically announced the special package for this holiday season including NCAA 2005 and Top Spin. I doubt they'll announce another for the US.

[quote name='xzafixz']The link doesn't work and I can't find it anywhere on the site.[/quote]

i couldnt find it either....but hey, theres a picture, so that means it has to be coming out :lol:

[quote name='Masterkyo']wonder when XBOXnext or smaller version XBOX come out ??[/quote]

do you really think they even could.....i always thought there wasnt too much empty space in there to being with.....and you can really make a dvd drive too much smaller...

[quote name='Masterkyo']wonder when XBOXnext or smaller version XBOX come out ??[/quote]

I hope you're kidding about the smaller Xbox.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Somehow my original black Xbox plays games just as well as the Halo green and the clear plastic... don't understand people replacing perfectly good Xboxes just to get one of these.

And quite honestly, I'd rather have the black if I couldn't get the green.. the clear just looks cheesy to me.[/quote]

Well both the green and the silver look pretty damn cool, but yeah it is silly to trade in an xbox for another one, just with a diff color.

However if you were in the market for another xbox...

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl']oh also i think by north american he ment we can get a crystal xbox with the north american REGION CODE on it[/quote]

No, as I said in my original post, if we're getting it in Canada (with 28 million people) then I would imagine that the 280 million consumers directly to the south of us will probably be graced with this as well.

I was less than excited by the sports bundle, as I have no interest in either of the games, so I was pretty jazzed to see this item pop up on the FS website.

Yeah, the link was working when I first posted the deal. Apparently FS had to pull the listing since the package hadn't been officially announced. There are two threads on other forums discussing this:

Classic Gaming Collectors of Canada

RedFlagDeals.com

I wish this forum was a little more trusting. It seems that whenever anybody posts anything without having triplicate-notarized independent UN sponsored verification, everybody gets their tits in a wringer. :?

Just have a little faith in people, guys. It's not like I've been all over this board posting nonsense and starting moron threads for my own sick pleasures. :twisted:

Geez, do I sound defensive or what?

bread's done
Back