New Official Kansas City Cag Thread

Chitown021

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I don't know how many CAG members live in the Kansas City metro area but I wanted to start a thread to share information about deals in our area.

I had found one other thread like this but it looks like it died about a year ago.

It's been pretty dead around the metro from what I've seen, at least down here on the south side.

It's been tough to find any decent deals with a lot of the stores scaling back their media sections.
Agreed,for a while there i was picking up more backlog games than i could handle.I'm pretty well caught up now and looking for cheap games lol.May go by a Blockbuster and get in the BOGO sale.

Well, looks like the K-Mart on Bannister is closing too. Same thing, electronics are at 10% off.

Still quite a few games. Newest thing I saw in the case was Deadpool.

Hardware-wise a couple PS3 bundles, a few black Wiis, a couple 3DSs, and a couple 3DSXLs.

It's been pretty dead around the metro from what I've seen, at least down here on the south side.
The north side seem to be pretty dead also... Though I don't get out much.

The The Wal-Mart on Boardwalk (by Zona Rosa) is clearance out PS3/360 games in preparation for next gen and I suspect all Wal-Marts are doing so now... Didn't really see any good deals though.

Has anyone seen any of the clearance console at any of the Targets around the metro?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/304024-target-clearance-extravaganza-xxi-ymmv/page-86

I know someone in the target thread mentioned the Mission Target, but didn't know if anyone had been seeing them anywhere else.

The in-store tracker doesn't show anything for any of the DCPIs I checked, but we all know those can't be trusted.

Just curious, I haven't had the chance to poke around.

I started a new thread regarding the topic, but I'll ask it here too. Regarding the Vintage Stocks in the area, does anyone know where they pull trade-in values from? I have some ps2/xbox games I want to get rid of but would prefer to not get .25 per game.

Vintage stock gives a third cash of what they sell the game for. And then if you do credit they give an additional 50%. So, for example...

if they sell a game for $12, they give you $4 cash, or $6 credit.

At least, that's how I understand it to work. I believe it can vary based on how much demand there is for the games as well.  They do pay much better for ps2 games than gamestop did when they still took them.

Has anyone seen any of the clearance console at any of the Targets around the metro?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/304024-target-clearance-extravaganza-xxi-ymmv/page-86

I know someone in the target thread mentioned the Mission Target, but didn't know if anyone had been seeing them anywhere else.

The in-store tracker doesn't show anything for any of the DCPIs I checked, but we all know those can't be trusted.

Just curious, I haven't had the chance to poke around.
The dpci that was initially being bandied about wasn't accurate I think - should be 207-21-0018 (I think, that's from memory) for the MW3 bundle which showed at a number of targets via the checker (and it's possible that the gears 3 bundle shares the same dpci).

Mission Target still has a few at 50% off, I'm going to pretend that no one will buy them all week so they'll drop next week. Haven't been back to the closing Kmart off Santa Fe/I35 yet but I imagine if they still have consoles they should be fairly cheap by now. I would also expect a new round of clearance stuff at NFM but I'm never in that neck of the woods so I haven't checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vintage stock gives a third cash of what they sell the game for. And then if you do credit they give an additional 50%. So, for example...

if they sell a game for $12, they give you $4 cash, or $6 credit.

At least, that's how I understand it to work. I believe it can vary based on how much demand there is for the games as well. They do pay much better for ps2 games than gamestop did when they still took them.
Do they knock down value if the game is disc only, missing manual, etc?

Based on that I'm seriously considering dumping this load of games on them as they aren't moving at all for me.

At least, that's how I understand it to work. I believe it can vary based on how much demand there is for the games as well. They do pay much better for ps2 games than gamestop did when they still took them.
There's definitely truth in that. When I was clearing out a lot of my PS2/XBOX generation stuff a couple years ago there were several games I was quoted at < $1 on. Weirdly enough I have better luck taking them into Half Price Books than Vintage Stock.

I would say if you have some higher profile titles or some harder to find stuff, Vintage Stock is definitely the way to go. But if it's a lot of run of the mill stuff, give Half Price a shot too (assuming you live near one of them).

If anyone here or anyone you know is interested in Magic The Gathering, Yeti Gaming, a TCG store in the STL area, is doing a Standard tournament on Saturday for an Alpha Mox Emerald that sells on the open market for just under $1000. $25 entry fee, standard constructed format with M14 legal.

WIN-A-MOX Tournament- Alpha Mox Emerald

Saturday July 20th .

Entry is $25.00 
Registration from 9:00 am to 10:30. 
Decklists will be required.

The prize pool will expand, but at this point, the top 4 prizes will be GUARANTEED....

1st - Alpha Mox Emerald
2nd - Sealed Box of Modern Masters
3rd - Sealed Box of Choice (Standard product, not MM)
4th - From the Vault Set

We will give the Mox Emerald Away NO MATTER the attendance at the event!!!

The above prizes are based upon 50 players. 
If the attendance increases above expectation....so will the prizes.

What about the non-winners. Every round we will be giving away a Fat Pack as a door prize.

And yes, we will have a judging staff.

I have a level 2 for my store now.....one that I have the utmost confidence and faith in his judging ability and his style...

As always, we have elite prices for packs and boxes (including M14), and we are always buying and selling cards.

Vince and the Crew and Yeti Gaming. Stepping up Magic Events in St. Louis in 2013

So I ended up running by the closest Vintage stock in my area and ended up trading a bunch of random crap I've been sitting on for a while. Got $61 in store credit. Couldn't find anything I wanted to buy though, so I guess I'll just hold on to it until I find something of interest...

Shouldn't it be getting to be about time for a new round of NFM cheapo clearance stuff?
Yeah hopefully. Although they did have a couple things last time I went like 2 weeks ago.

All Skylanders Giants Portal Owners packs were $5

Just Dance 4 Wii U $10

Zone of the Enders HD $8

not really much else though.

Really hope we get a good round of drops soon. Just not worth going all the way out there to check every week.

I don't know if they're completely closed yet, but like 2 weeks ago when I stopped by MicroCenter, Kmart on Metcalf Ave was closing

Vintage stock is having B1G1 pre-owned items below $20 with a coupon.

Got a couple CIB N64 games, and Super Empire Strikes Back/Super Return of the Jedi both CIB for $15.

bread's done
Back