New one on me: used GBA games from EB

PsyClerk

CAGiversary!
I had forgotten that I had ordered two used GBA games from EB a few days ago. Came home and found the package. Opened it up, lo and behold one of the games came with both the box AND the manual (Broken Sword). Will wonders never cease?

Hey, my used GBA "Broken Sword" came with the box and manual also, but ordered mine earlier this year... Around March or so.

I bought "Broken Sword" a while back from FYE. It's a decent game with a good plot, but there are some fatal glitches that you should be aware of.

***possible spoilers***
Basically, don't go to Spain before you go to Syria and don't use the plaster while you are in Ireland
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/broken_sword_b.txt
***end spoilers***

The bugs are pretty major things, once you screw up...well you are screwed and have to start all over. The Spain/Syria thing is easy to mess up and I did it myself.

I wasn't as successful with my V-Rally 3 purchase. I just got the game. Oh well. :)

I bought "Broken Sword" a while back from FYE. It's a decent game with a good plot, but there are some fatal glitches that you should be aware of.

***possible spoilers***
Basically, don't go to Spain before you go to Syria and don't use the plaster while you are in Ireland
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/broken_sword_b.txt
***end spoilers***

The bugs are pretty major things, once you screw up...well you are screwed and have to start all over. The Spain/Syria thing is easy to mess up and I did it myself.

I wasn't as successful with my V-Rally 3 purchase. I just got the game. Oh well. :)

Speaking of used games from EB, has anyone ever ordered a used GBA game from EBGames.com and received a bootleg? I haven't bought any used GBA games online because I'd prefer to be able to inspect the cartridge in person. I was just wondering if it's pretty safe overall. to order used GBA games from EB online.

I've order 20+ GBA games from them and not a single one was bootleg

BTW I too got a complete Broken Sword, I think either they're selling the new ones as used (as mine was partially sealed) or somebody traded in a gazillion complete copies in :)

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I've order 20+ GBA games from them and not a single one was bootleg

BTW I too got a complete Broken Sword, I think either they're selling the new ones as used (as mine was partially sealed) or somebody traded in a gazillion complete copies in :)[/quote]

I've read about this and heard about this when I was friends with a manager of EB. basically either EB corporate ordered too many for that store or they ordered too many period and now they hafe a surplus so they are just clearing them out. It's basically the exuivalent of a clearance for them, the same was with Culdcept. that's how I got my Time Crisis 3 with Guncon 2. It was the price of used but it was in factory seal and hadn't been touched.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']

that's how I got my Time Crisis 3 with Guncon 2. It was the price of used but it was in factory seal and hadn't been touched.[/quote]

did you order this recently? EB has both TC 2 and 3, both with GunCon2s, and I'm thinking of ordering them. I want them both in new condition, but I'm worried they'll be beat up when they arrive. anyone had any problems ordering either TC 2 or 3 w/ GunCon2's from EB?

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']

that's how I got my Time Crisis 3 with Guncon 2. It was the price of used but it was in factory seal and hadn't been touched.[/quote]

did you order this recently? EB has both TC 2 and 3, both with GunCon2s, and I'm thinking of ordering them. I want them both in new condition, but I'm worried they'll be beat up when they arrive. anyone had any problems ordering either TC 2 or 3 w/ GunCon2's from EB?[/quote]

Can't say aobut on-line because I got mine in-store that were supposedly used. They had like 5 of them at the time. I know that with some other games that I have ordered from their website it has come like that, like Karnaaj. and others.

It's kinda weird with ebgames.com. Usually the PSOne games are disc only, but I got Colony Wars complete, which was shocking after ordering 20 PSOne games from them to finally get one that had everything.

bread's done
Back