New Open Box Xbox 360 Arcade w/ 256 mem card, 5 arcade, Sega Superstars Tennis $149

Did anyone bite on this? Deal sounds very tempting but I've never heard of this site before. Also, the price has been lowered to $149.99.

Alright - here's an opportunity to teach... what's the difference between Falcon and Jasper models besides power consumption?

[quote name='mac101010']Did anyone bite on this? Deal sounds very tempting but I've never heard of this site before. Also, the price has been lowered to $149.99.[/QUOTE]

Site is reliable. They've been around a bit and I've made numerous purchases with Geeks. Nothing to worry about.

Does this still include the manufacturer warranty? Or does it not because it is "open box".

Edit: I emailed the site to follow up. It just lists a 180 day warranty on the site.

[quote name='choral_music']Alright - here's an opportunity to teach... what's the difference between Falcon and Jasper models besides power consumption?[/QUOTE]

From what I discovered, Falcon units have a 65nm CPU and a 90nm GPU whereas the Jasper units have 65nm GPU and 65nm CPU. The belief is that he smaller chips produce less heat and, therefore, prevent the unit from suffering RROD. Fan noise is also supposed to be reduced in comparison to older models and the power brick is supposed to be lighter as well.

buyer beware. is 50 worth the risk of being out 150 if it does fail? i think id rather go with the extra 50 bucks for a guarantee it will be replaced under warranty. now if the geeks and guarantee me it will then ok. if not, why buy a unit that has the highest failure rate of all time???

I think you are explaining why it is marked down, but what we are worried about is why they opened it... To me, if it's opened, it's not new any more.

Edit: I was replying to the post above the last one.

[quote name='dumlaox']From what I discovered, Falcon units have a 65nm CPU and a 90nm GPU whereas the Jasper units have 65nm GPU and 65nm CPU. The belief is that he smaller chips produce less heat and, therefore, prevent the unit from suffering RROD. Fan noise is also supposed to be reduced in comparison to older models and the power brick is supposed to be lighter as well.[/QUOTE]Awesome info. Thanks for your help.

[quote name='decadent']I think you are explaining why it is marked down, but what we are worried about is why they opened it... To me, if it's opened, it's not new any more.

Edit: I was replying to the post above the last one.[/QUOTE]

And I'm saying of course it's not new. If you want guaranteed new, you will have to pay $199.99.

The $50 you save is the reward you get for the gamble you're taking on whatever reason they had for opening the box.

No such thing. What is this, fucking gamestop? OPEN IS NOT NEW. Period. That's called "Like new". Absolutely not worth the gamble, IMO.

i'm not much of a gambler ;o
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='lasthearth']And I'm saying of course it's not new. If you want guaranteed new, you will have to pay $199.99.

The $50 you save is the reward you get for the gamble you're taking on whatever reason they had for opening the box.[/QUOTE]

Calm down. I agree with you one shouldn't expect a guaranteed new unit when he's gambling for the $50 off. However, one should when it explicitly says it's "new". I'm just concerned about the so called "new opened".

And there are of course deals when you can buy garanteed new units for less than $199.99.

bread's done
Back