New owner of a 3ds XL. Need some recommendations.

PancakesAreLove

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Not sure if you have a main thread to talk about games so I'll post here.  I just bought a used xl, last system I owned was the ds.  

The game came with Pokemon Ruby, the main reason for me buying the system, but I want to add to the library a bit.  I'm a fan of RPGs and Nintendo's first party titles.

Thinking of picking up Pokemon x (or Y), Bravery Default, Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, Kirby, and Mario Kart.  What else should look into?

Both Zelda games for sure. Obviously the ones mentioned. Rhythm thief is a hidden gem but it may not be your thing

For eshop pushmo and retrobits

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides the Nintendo's first party titles like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Yoshi.  I recommend Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

My top titles for the system are...

Animal Crossing

Mario 3D Land

Smash Bros

Mario Kart 7

And underrated gem is Luigi's Mansion, looks stunning.

But pretty much anything besides Paper Mario and Mario Tennis that Nintendo has made is awesome.

Kmart.com has a ton of them for $10-$20 too, if you can find a store with them in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Project X-zone is a solid, and interesting tactical RPG, and very cheap.  Mario 3d land is still one of the best games on the system. I definitely second the zelda Link between worlds game, the Kirby game, and the Yoshi game.  The Tales of the Abyss port is pretty awesome.  There's also the Donkey Kong Country 3d game.  The Kingdom Hearts, and Kid Icarus are both good games, but the Kid Icarus game does have some problems.

I loved Kid Icarus, and I played it without the stand.  I read some people's disappointment in the controls, but I had no problems besides the occasional hand cramp if I played too long.  

Mario Golf is great if you like golf games and Link Between Worlds is amazing.

I'd like to second Kid Icarus. The controls don't take that long to get used to, it's fun to play, and has a great script behind it.

Yes, Kid Icarus is amazing. I played it mostly on my original 3ds. When I tried it on the xl, I did have some issues. Guess I had gotten that used to the controls on the smaller system.

Thanks guys I'm going to look into all your recommendations. So far I've gotten Final Fantasy theatrhythm and looking into SMT IV and Fire Emblem (surprised how expensive the game still is)

My top titles for the system are...

Animal Crossing

Mario 3D Land

Smash Bros

Mario Kart 7

And underrated gem is Luigi's Mansion, looks stunning.

But pretty much anything besides Paper Mario and Mario Tennis that Nintendo has made is awesome.

Kmart.com has a ton of them for $10-$20 too, if you can find a store with them in stock.
I was looking into Mario Tennis, love the console version, is it that bad?

Also no KMarts near me so I'm out of luck.

Project X-zone is a solid, and interesting tactical RPG, and very cheap. Mario 3d land is still one of the best games on the system. I definitely second the zelda Link between worlds game, the Kirby game, and the Yoshi game. The Tales of the Abyss port is pretty awesome. There's also the Donkey Kong Country 3d game. The Kingdom Hearts, and Kid Icarus are both good games, but the Kid Icarus game does have some problems.
Zelda Link between worlds the best zelda game on the system?

Damn I thought Project x-zone was just a fighting game. Will look into that one.

I'd try price matching for sure, the games are so cheap it's worth the time to try (If you have the time.).

Mario Tennis was a huge letdown for me. I love the gba version with its rpg elements, but the 3ds version is just tennis. Not terrible, but not a home run either. More like a bunt single. Hmm, maybe I would be happier with Mario Baseball...

bread's done
Back