New Paypal rebate - $5 off $20 for existing customers

iamamoogle

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or its already been posted but...

I just received this link in my e-mail today:

PayPal - $5 Cash Rebate

PayPal $5.00 Cash Rebate on Orders $20.00 or more from 4/24 - 5/13 on all PayPal stores online in the US and Canada (excluding eBay).

Not too bad, that is if I can find anything that would be worth buying for around $15.00.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Seeing as I never received my $15.00 from PayPal on the last promotion I will stay away from this.[/quote]

hey just contact paypal, call them if you have to. i never got my rebate but once i harassed them a little bit they sent it over.

Screw them and their stupid rebates anyway. I never got the last one. This reminded me to contact them, but it isn't like they should be missing these. If they can't automate it better than this, they need to give the rebate immediately instead of screwing people over.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Seeing as I never received my $15.00 from PayPal on the last promotion I will stay away from this.[/quote]
I just got mine a few days ago, maybe they are still sending the email notices out! That said, did you check your account? If you didn't get an email, maybe the $15 is there at least...

When I enter my e-mail into the form, it responds with a box that says its for eligible Paypal customers only. I checked the Eligibility, and it says you're only eligibile if you received the e-mail.

Anyone else getting this?

i was just thinking that when about i got an email for the $15 deposit today. score! maybe you just gotta wait a little bit longer, like sabbey says.

I received my $15 from the previous one today, thanks OP, I wouldn't have checked my Paypal account today if it weren't for this thread.

[quote name='Roufuss']They just started recently giving that $15 back... I only got mine yesterday.

Be patient.[/QUOTE]

Same here, mine arrived this morning.

Looks like a lot of people are just starting to get the $15 rebate now. I'm another one of them - mine arrived yesterday.

[quote name='BrandonMills']When I enter my e-mail into the form, it responds with a box that says its for eligible Paypal customers only. I checked the Eligibility, and it says you're only eligibile if you received the e-mail.

Anyone else getting this?[/quote]

No, the one I got was "thanks for your interest" with some additional info and links to the promotion details. Anyway, for people who know they were eligible, what did the page say when you registered? Knowing might help those that couldn't tell if it went through on their end or not... :)

In a surprising turn of events, I just had $15 credited to each of my Paypal accounts... even though I haven't used Paypal in the better part of a year ;)

....At least that I recall....

Ok, I realize "be patient" is decent advice, but didn't the promotion fine print last time say the rebates would happen in MARCH? Or am I dreaming.

In any case, I e-mailed them a couple days ago, and they said something about them still being distributed, but I just check and no rebate yet.

i just got mine back like tuesday. you should get yours soon;)

[quote name='sarausagi']Only for eligible paypal users, and I have no idea what eligible is, I have a verified premeir US account with over 90 transactions, two credit cards, two checking accounts, and a confirmed address and I'm not eligible. I wasn't eligible for the last one either.[/QUOTE]

Same here...fuckers.

I would guess that those eligible for these rebates are those that don't make a lot of Paypal transactions. You guys who use it all the time are already frequent customers so why spend money on you? They are most likely trying to grow their market by encouraging those who rarely use Paypal to try it out again.

[quote name='velvet396']I'm wondering just what criteria they used to determine who's eligible for these email offers, cause I want in! argh.[/quote]

I'd like to know as well. I don't recall getting anything but spam in the past...

[quote name='briandadude']I would guess that those eligible for these rebates are those that don't make a lot of Paypal transactions. You guys who use it all the time are already frequent customers so why spend money on you? They are most likely trying to grow their market by encouraging those who rarely use Paypal to try it out again.[/quote]

Well, that's what those first-time customers type of promotions are for. Really, it seems Paypal would be better advised to offer these kind of promos to all of their customers. It seems just to be pissing off those who actually spend a lot of money with them, than getting new users...

With the amount of pay sites out there, well, let's see if they learn! :D

That's odd... When the $15 rebate promo was offered I don't remember ever getting an e-mail. I clicked on the link posted by a CAG, I was accepted, spent my $30, and received the rebate last week. This time when I tried to use the link in this thread it said I had to receive an e-mail.

I guess I might have received an e-mail for the $15 promo but it got filtered out of my in-box so I missed it.

Will this work with Goozex, now that they accept paypal?

Also, I got my $15 rebate the other day and that WAS on an ebay purchase. Wish this counted too, but I guess not :(

bread's done
Back