New PCXL / PC Accelerator Magazine

joebomb77

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone has seen or picked up the NEW PCXL magazine that is out? I was just browsing magazines at the grocery store and couldn't believe my eyes. I still have a few of the old PCXL's AND the disks, so I'm definitely glad it's back. I haven't picked it up yet, but I will this weekend. Here is the cover:
pcxl_cover_lg.jpg

Oh yeah, that's what I remember.

It's basically a PC Gamer Special Issue .

I was overly excited as well . I think I have every issue of PC Accelerator/PCXL . I was way in love with my Voodoo 2 .

I used to have most of the issues it's a shame that magazine died. Many great times had reading that mag. Loved how much they would rag on the endless delays of Titles like Daikatana and Duke Nukem Forever(I don't think this will ever come out).

Sorry for digging up this thread (again)... I didn't want to start a new PC Accelerator thread when this one already exists.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to find old PC Accelerators. My parents tossed my collection, and I was wondering if they are available via pdf, ebay, ect. A Google search yields almost nothing...Any ideas?

Thanks!

[quote name='HerbFoster']Sorry for digging up this thread (again)... I didn't want to start a new PC Accelerator thread when this one already exists.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to find old PC Accelerators. My parents tossed my collection, and I was wondering if they are available via pdf, ebay, ect. A Google search yields almost nothing...Any ideas?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I actually donated all of my issues except for the pure black cover of their final issue to the Salvation Army.

[quote name='HerbFoster']Sorry for digging up this thread (again)... I didn't want to start a new PC Accelerator thread when this one already exists.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
I would love for all the issues to be in pdf format! :applause:
Maybe someone might be selling them on Ebay.

Holy shit look at those prices!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=PC+Accelerator+Magazine

I loved when they had the "Golden crack pipe" awards because Matt the intern disagreed with just about every game they chose.

So many great memories of that magazine... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Send me a PM reminding me, when I find mine I will contact you .

God damn bumps!

I got excited thinking maybe the old crew had reassembled to show how you do game reviews right, but alas damn thing is a old thread.

Really missed that magazine. Shame they died from lack of advertising because they told what they really thought. Just goes to show you game reviews cant afford to have a honest opinion.

[quote name='gargus'] Just goes to show you game reviews cant afford to have a honest opinion.[/QUOTE]

I use to play on their servers back in the day when they ran TFC, Jailbreak and other mods. After their mag went down...I really stopped listening to reviews. Too many games were getting hyped with little to nothing to show for it when the game was actually in gamers hands.

I forgot the name of the RPG game but it was buggy as hell and uninstalling it caused it to crash. They were the first to report on it on their mag and online...While other mags were saying the game was 9 out of 10 stars...

I have 6 issues from 1999. I scanned one in to see what kind of effort was required. too much, so i just did the one. if someone wants the other 5 (had to destroy #6 in order to scan) let me know, preferably via PM (cuz I think that will notify me via email) and we can work out some mailing arrangement and a nominal fee for my time.

EDIT: it's saying I'm not allowed to post links, wth? reply with your email if you want a copy.

bread's done
Back