New PGR3 pic!

Could you imagine Burnout and being able to smash through all those signs and stairs after a crash though?

Spilling the signs and neon out into the streets causing cars to spinout?

[quote name='guessed']Umm, it's a picture of buildings in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Umm, you're a dumbass. Please forget you posted here and move on.

Just one question, if its a racing games, who cares about the buldings? Your going to be driving so fast you wont even notive them.

Wow. That is the most realistic screenshot I've ever seen. It seems almost too good to be true; I honestly couldn't tell if it was real or simulated without being told beforehand.

[quote name='help1']Just one question, if its a racing games, who cares about the buldings? Your going to be driving so fast you wont even notive them.[/QUOTE]

True, but still you got to admit those are some realistic buildings.

would they be able to make buildings as impressive as that for other games (mainly action games where it would really make a big difference)

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']would they be able to make buildings as impressive as that for other games (mainly action games where it would really make a big difference)[/QUOTE]
I don't see why not.

Man, I looked at this picture for a long time and didn't think it was rendered but I found a pic of the actual restaurant in Chinatown and it does look like it is rendered. There are very subtle differences between the actual picture and the render.

If you look at the railing above the Eat Inn sign, you can see that there are lights attached to the bottom of it. The render does not have these lights. Also, if you compare the fire escape that is hanging over the red awning on the right of the Eat Inn, you can see that there are some pieces missing in the render...the railings also look a little generic.

There are some other tip-offs including a drain spout that is missing and some other minor details.

All in all, that is an incredible amount of detail, but as someone else pointed out, it seems kind of like a waste of time seeing that you are not really going to notice it much while flying by. I guess this is the direction that next-gen gaming will be going. Incredibly detailed environments that don't do a hell of a lot.

Edit: Damn, someone beat me to it!

With the amount of photographs they take of locales why is anyone surprised at this detail? I doubt the tracks are much more than composited digital photgraphs that are put on 3-D models, which can also be formed from LIDAR 3-D images of real cities. There aren't artists sitting around recreating these cityscapes from nothing or photographs. So much of major cities are digitally mapped in more ways than you can possibly imagine.

Putting those files together, that's the hard part. The imaging is the easy part.

Um..

IT'S NOT A SHOT FROM THE GAME!!! Can you guys not read!? GOOD LORD

Oh, I almost forgot. Here's another image stolen from the PGR3 internal diary; feast your eyes on this. We present... a close-up shot of some of the buildings in NYC! If this doesn't get UK:R excited, I don't know what will!

IT'S NOT PGR3! It was someone making a joke at how the graphics will be!

i think it had a little help with photoshop, there was alot of conteroversy with shots like this at E3, and come to find out most of the Awesome graphics yet to be seen were enhanced a little bit at the preview showing of some of the games.

I say that pic is CG. Lets wait and see I remember seeing pics like that for Driver 3 talking about how great it's going to be and we all know what happened there.

bread's done
Back