New pics/scans of Zelda GCN

Yeah, I saw this on IGN and it sounds really cool. 70 hours of gameplay is really fucking long, but with 2-3 times the size of OoT, it's not that hard to believe it. Can't wait for this game.

I just hope that the same old formula changes a bit. The series has become too predictable for me to the point where a graphical facelift isn't enough anymore.

[quote name='basketkase543']I just hope that the same old formula changes a bit. The series has become too predictable for me to the point where a graphical facelift isn't enough anymore.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The game looks great, but OOT has been far surpassed and it doesn't look to play much different.

I would be interested to hear how you would improve the interface. I dont want to delve into fanboyish-ness, but the OOT control scheme seems to work rather well. Save adding a dedicated jump button, I have trouble finding flaws with the setup.

[quote name='iufoltzie']I would be interested to hear how you would improve the interface. I dont want to delve into fanboyish-ness, but the OOT control scheme seems to work rather well. Save adding a dedicated jump button, I have trouble finding flaws with the setup.[/QUOTE]

My biggest problem with the 3D zelda's interface is the locking on. I find it too simplisitc and a little too boring. While I haven't yet palyed God of War I've seen videos of it and the combat looks a lot more intuative. Locking on may have worked great in 97, but these days you can make combat that is a lot more engaging than just holding down the shoulder buttons until the right time to strike.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, I saw this on IGN and it sounds really cool. 70 hours of gameplay is really fucking long, but with 2-3 times the size of OoT, it's not that hard to believe it. Can't wait for this game.[/QUOTE]

I will never finish this game if that's the case. But I'll sure as hell be there on release day. :lol:

As excited about this game as I am, I actually have some suspisions about the length. 72 hours sounds awful long, and I can't imagine it keeping up that high a level of fun that whole time, so there might be too much padding i.e. the sailing in the wind waker. Also, "up to 72 hours" doesn't exactly sound 2-3 times the lenght of Ocarina, as that game takes at least 30 or so hours on a first run through, with plenty of secrets left to uncover which could double that length.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I have a feeling that this is going to surpase all the Zelda games.[/QUOTE]

I have the feeling that it wont.....

I hope it does but...

They are making it realistic to get the average gamer who wants it that way..

They are making it long to please the fans of length...

Its not being produced by the same person...

Then again its Nintendo but I hope they dont have a huge bomb with their most precious franchise of all..

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']As excited about this game as I am, I actually have some suspisions about the length. 72 hours sounds awful long, and I can't imagine it keeping up that high a level of fun that whole time, so there might be too much padding i.e. the sailing in the wind waker. Also, "up to 72 hours" doesn't exactly sound 2-3 times the lenght of Ocarina, as that game takes at least 30 or so hours on a first run through, with plenty of secrets left to uncover which could double that length.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it might take 70 hours if you do every side quest and the such. If the storyline is actually 70 hours long that is a bit much in my opinion games should never go past 40 hours

It will take A LOT to top OoT...but I'm sure as hell gonna give it a chance to try. I can't wait...

70 hour gameplay? Damn...i'm still working on Wind Waker :(

bread's done
Back