New Pro Xbox 360 $317.90 shipped @ Overstock.com

Thanks for reposting it, I guess amoungst my boyfriends excitement after finally sealing the "deal" to get him to buy a 360, I forgot to post here!

[quote name='humidore']No way to tell if these have HDMI huh? Sooo tempting, even tho i know my local Best Buy has possible falcons...[/QUOTE]

I'd assume they do since they're the latest revision. If not, with the failure rate of these things you'll end up with a Falcon eventually.

[quote name='nym123']they have HDMI ports but do not include the cable[/quote]

Thanks fore the reassurance. I bit the muthafuckin bullet (anytime I can save on sales tax, i go for it)...worse comes to worse, I dunno. Try to pass it on craigslist I guess and go for the better shot at a falcon at Best Buy.

Thanks for the deal!

They should be as MS has basically eaten the others due to the failure rate....

I ordered this off of Amazon earlier for $349.99 for my nephew, just cancelled it and got in for $317.90 @ Overstock........CAG RULES BABY!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW CAG-ERS!!

[quote name='Wanderlai']Stolen from SD "lostdecoy"

Overstock finally got some *new* systems in instead of refurbs...though the code does work on refurbs. Best deal I have seen in the past month on a new system with the bundled games!

Use Code "85721" for 10% off, came out to $317.90 including the $2.95 shipping.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/Xbox-360-Bundle-Includes-Forza-2-Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance/2676941/product.html?&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-lIC0XmrS4KrfkRqsUlLEZg[/quote]

I'm in ! I just ordered one even though I already have another falcon sitting under the tree NIB and an old non hdmi premium hooked up to my DLP tv !

Too good of a deal to pass up ! I will just take the NEWER lot # of two NIB units I have and either return the BEST BUY one OR sell the extra one on EBAY or CRAIGSLIST ! This deal is a STEAL !!

Thanks !!

Xfactor4

Are these guaranteed by Christmas? I read the FAQ page on Overstock but I didnt get a clear answer. You can ony do standard shipping but standard shipping under the "Holiday 2007" FAQ page says I should get it on or before the 24th if I order by the 17th. Now on the shipping page it says allow 5-10 days for standard shipping. If I knew I'd get it before Chistmas I order.

[quote name='nym123']they have HDMI ports but do not include the cable[/QUOTE]

No premiums include the cable.

Since everyone's talking about the motherboard, how can you tell? Is it in the serial code or SKU number somewhere on the box? What should I look for?

I bit the bullet. Was looking for a deal for weeks, since I didn't get one w/ Guitar Hero 2 from Best Buy as originally planned for Black Friday.

And, thanks a lot for posting this OP!

Just so everyone knows. I called customer support with the "will I get it before Christmas" question and I was told that so long as "you" order by 2:00am on the 18th you are guaranteed to get your item by midnight on the 24th even with standard shipping.

I think I'm going to continue burning through my backlog of ps2 games before I finally bit the bullet and get a new system even though I've been leaning towards the 360 for a long time now. Hopefully my wait will pay off, even if it only pays off with games I want now being cheaper when I finally do upgrade.

Just a precaution - of my 3 dead 360s, the last 2 were Falcons. At this point I'm waiting for a 175 watt power supply version. I might even wait for the new system coming this fall, I forget the codename for it.

[quote name='killbot13']Just a precaution - of my 3 dead 360s, the last 2 were Falcons. At this point I'm waiting for a 175 watt power supply version. I might even wait for the new system coming this fall, I forget the codename for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had a buddy who has had 2 Pro systems crap out on him. Not the RRoD but about half the games would freeze up or not load the saved data.

Unless I can buy a product replacement plan on crap hardware this faulty...I just can't bring myself to bite. A good deal in theory.

Thanks for posting it.

[quote name='killbot13']Just a precaution - of my 3 dead 360s, the last 2 were Falcons. At this point I'm waiting for a 175 watt power supply version. I might even wait for the new system coming this fall, I forget the codename for it.[/quote]

The Falcon is the name of the NEWER 65 nano chipset and it runs WAY cooler than the older chipsets. Also, the 175w powersupply is what is shipping with the newer Falcon chipsets.

Basically, if you get a 175w power supply, you will have the NEWEST falcon chipset.

The Jasper chipset is not coming until AT LEAST next August which looks to further reduce the size of the chips possibly down to 45 nano.

I've also heard that Jasper was initially the chipset that was supposed to reduce the old Zephyr chipset from 90 nano to 65 nanometers YET the Falcon already did that. Maybe Jasper will also reduce the GPU and not only the CPU to 65 nano cuz Falcon does have a reduced size GPU but not quite to 65 nano.

Anyways, the forums over at XBOX.com are a great place to keep up on this stuff.

You pretty much want the 175 watt power supply and a LOT #738 or above (I would recommend 741 and above) and also TEAM FDOU.

HEAT was the main cause of problems with the RROD issue.

As such, the new Falcons with 175 watt power supply are supposed to be VERY COOL with no heating issues. So it has been reported anyways...

Xfactor

Although this surely seems like a good deal now, I would advise against it. You probably won't get a Falcon if you order from Overstock.

[quote name='cheapkevin']Although this surely seems like a good deal now, I would advise against it. You probably won't get a Falcon if you order from Overstock.[/quote]

OK, I agree with this (and I bought one from overstock.com), but I have a question. Could I buy ANOTHER 360 from a B&M retailer (after I've checked to make sure it's a falcon), and then return my unopened overstock.com Xbox 360 (if it's NOT a falcon). For example, if I see a Zephyr on the outside sticker on my overstock 360, I would like to get a non-Zephyr Novermber 27 2007 manufactured 175w 360 I saw at Best Buy yesterday, and return my overstock 360 to BB.

Hope that makes sense...

My 360 from Overstock lasted about 16 months.

Their protection plan is garbage. You end up sending your 360 to an unlicensed repair center and YOU play for shipping! ($30)

You have to buy the box and wait on a shipping slip from them.

DONT GET ANYTHING FROM OVERSTOCK!!!!

[quote name='cheapkevin']Although this surely seems like a good deal now, I would advise against it. You probably won't get a Falcon if you order from Overstock.[/quote]

Hmmm... We shall see.. I called to check on my delivery date and they told me I should get it before Christmas.

Also, I asked if this was NEW stock or OLD CRUSTY DUSTY stock and the Customer Service said the item was new stock as of Dec 15th so HOPEFULLY it is 175 watt and FALCON chipset.

IF NOT, I can always unload it on EBAY or CRAIGSLIST for $318.00 worse comes to worse (or return it if REALLY WORSE CAME TO WORSE)

Here's hoping for a 175 watt FALCON !

Xfactor

P.S. $318 was still a GREAT price !!! Hopefully, they will be LOT #740+ and TEAM FDOU machines !!!

[quote name='humidore']OK, I agree with this (and I bought one from overstock.com), but I have a question. Could I buy ANOTHER 360 from a B&M retailer (after I've checked to make sure it's a falcon), and then return my unopened overstock.com Xbox 360 (if it's NOT a falcon). For example, if I see a Zephyr on the outside sticker on my overstock 360, I would like to get a non-Zephyr Novermber 27 2007 manufactured 175w 360 I saw at Best Buy yesterday, and return my overstock 360 to BB.

Hope that makes sense...[/quote]

Probably a NO GO on that plan since they have SERIAL NUMBERS On the receipt.:roll:

Xfactor

[quote name='Xfactor4']Probably a NO GO on that plan since they have SERIAL NUMBERS On the receipt.:roll:

Xfactor[/quote]

Was wondering about that, thanks!

[quote name='nym123']they have HDMI ports but do not include the cable[/quote]

How do you know? It doesn't say on the description...

The Arcade version does specify HDMI.

[quote name='Marktg30']My 360 from Overstock lasted about 16 months.

Their protection plan is garbage. You end up sending your 360 to an unlicensed repair center and YOU play for shipping! ($30)

You have to buy the box and wait on a shipping slip from them.

DONT GET ANYTHING FROM OVERSTOCK!!!![/quote]

Probably why I never get protection plans from Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. from the likes of those places. Then again, we're lucky MS extended the RROD warranty...however my 360 took a dump 5-6 months after I got it from Overstock last year but current system is going on 6 months!

My 360 arrived today (took one day to ship from UT to CA), looks to not be a falcon from what I can see...mfg date is 9-20-07, Lot 735, 203W written on box (can't find any "203w" or 175w" on the power brick...)

hope that helps. Overall I am happy to have saved enough to buy Crackdown and Viva Pinata via CAG's trade forums. Hopin for a long 360 life

Looks like many of us on SD lucked out - many got Falcons!

Here's the specs on my boyfriends order:

Lot No. 0742 team FDOU 175w on side of box, no go pro sticker on box, shipped from NJ.

Drive wasn't checked though!

[quote name='lostdecoy']Looks like many of us on SD lucked out - many got Falcons!

Here's the specs on my boyfriends order:

Lot No. 0742 team FDOU 175w on side of box, no go pro sticker on box, shipped from NJ.

Drive wasn't checked though![/quote]

My 360 PRO from Overstock.com arrived today as well. That was SUPER FAST shipping for $2.95 !! Anyways, lot # is 735 (although SN # shows LOT 736) and TEAM CSON. Power supply is 203 watt.

Even though this is not the 175 watt power supply, It COULD still be a Falcon. The new Falcon chipset works with BOTH the older 203 watt power supply as well as the newer 175 watt power supply.

I am not planning on opening it up but will run right over to Craigslist or EBAY to sell it so I cannot do the flashlight inspection process to verify if it is a Falcon or not.

Here is a GOOD Link from over at Anandtech:

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.aspx?i=3152&p=3

ALSO PLEASE READ BELOW IF THIS TOPIC INTERESTS YOU:

Enjoy !

Xfactor4

The following is reposted from the XBOX.com Hardware Forum:

"Now for the good stuff...

How to find a 65nm console without opening the box (175W PSU):
This is the easiest and best way to see if you have a 65nm (Falcon) console without opening the box. All you need to do is look at the information label (lot #, team label) on the side of the box and look at the power information.

If the label says 175W, then the console is a Falcon console. If the label says 203W, then use one of the other two methods to see if the console is Falcon.

175W Falcon Label:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/MRCUR/175w.jpg

175W Falcon PSU Label:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/MRCUR/new360brick.jpg

If you find a 175W console, you 100% have a Falcon console. The new 175W PSU will NOT work with old (90nm) console. The plug that goes into the console has been changed to all plastic, and has a different layout then the old plug. There are already multiple revisions of the 175W PSUs, but there is no difference between them.

How to see if you have a 65nm (Falcon) console (HEATSINK INSPECTION):
First, get a flashlight that is very bright. Then put your console upside down (HD side down). You should be looking at an black or grey piece of plastic which is the bottom vent. Shine the flashlight directly into the bottom of the console (it works best to sit the flashlight on the plastic).
Then move the flashlight to the right side of the plastic. When you look inside of the console directly below the light, you will see a large white piece of plastic. This is the airflow shroud. You can see this highlighted in this picture: http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x127/MRCUR/S8000516-2.jpg
Next, move the flashlight to the left a bit and look into the console again. You are looking for the large silver square that is directly in front of the airflow shroud. This piece will tell you whether or not you have a 65nm console.
Here are pictures of the 90nm CPU Heatsink and the 65nm CPU Heatsink. (Notice that there is no heatpipe on the new 65nm CPU heatsink.)

How to see if you have a 65nm (Falcon) console (INDUCTOR INSPECTION):
This test looks at components on the board rather than the heatsinks and can more definitively tell you whether or not you have the Falcon

Here is a comparison shot of the three boards which Microsoft has manufactured so far. Note the removal of one of the inductor rings from Zephyr to Falcon. Also, one can note the removal of three of the black capacitors from both launch to Zephyr, and then again from Zephyr to Falcon. Both of these changes are indications of which motherboard you have, but the capacitors are much harder to see without opening the case, so for all intents and purposes, counting the number of inductors should suffice.

All you will need to count your inductor rings are hands and a good flashlight.
motherboard (picture courtesy of JWSpeed). The number and orientation (horizontal or vertical) of inductor rings near the CPU heatsink can tell you what version of the motherboard you have.
  1. Remove your Hard Disk Drive from the top of your console and set aside so as to not damage it.
  2. Place the console vertical and upside-down on a flat surface, so the bottom grill of the console is visible.
  3. Put your flashlight directly up against the console's bottom grill and look for the 2 or 3 inductor rings (which appear as a small ring wrapped in bare copper wire).
Two rings laying flat: Congratulations! You have a Falcon board.
Three rings laying flat: This is a Zephyr motherboard.
Three rings standing up: This is a launch motherboard.

Again, here is the comparison shot of the 3 board types and how the inductors are oriented on each. Also, I wouldn't read into the color of the inductors too much. Chances are, the colors will change occasionally as prices from different suppliers fluctuate and MS goes from one to the next for the best deal. We will probably see different colors on the same board versions, and therefore they serve no purpose for identifying board types.

How to find a Falcon model 360 in stores

Based on the info in this thread, A Falcon model Xbox 360 MUST BE:
  1. Lot #0734 (Halo 3) or later (all SKUs)
  2. Manufactured on or after 8/24/07(An HDMI Premium manufactured on 8/19 has been reported as 65nm.)
  3. Team FDOU (Other teams may be Falcon as well, but none have been reported)

Please note that getting a Falcon console is not guaranteed even if everything matches the above information. Only some new consoles are Falcon, and no Falcon refurb consoles have been reported.

How to find Lot and Team info:
There is a white sticker on the side of the box with the lot # and team. In order to find the manufacturing date without opening the box, there is a flap on the side of the box that allows you to peek inside and see the manufacturing date on the console itself.

If you find a console that is Falcon, please post the console type (Halo 3, Elite, Premium, Arcade), manufacture date, lot number, team, new or old CPU heatsink, number of inductors, and first 3 digits of serial number.

[quote name='jjct1']Some of the boxes say 203w but actually contain the 175w power supply so look at the hardware.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that...after seeing this, I inspected, and my 360 (Team CSOD, Lot 341, Manufactured 10/18/2007, box claims 203W PSU) actually had a 175W PSU.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']wait..so is this deal dead?[/quote]

This deal has BEEN dead for at least 24 hours. Can someone lock it or update the heading to show dead !?

It was sweet while it lasted. I am flipping my $318.00 shipped xbox 360 for $340 to someone off Craigslist tomorrow since it is not a Falcon.

I want a FALCON to replace my old launch premium model:mrgreen:

Xfactor4

Excellent deal - I took advantage of this exact deal last fall when the premium was still $400, but at $317 this is a no-brainer.

[quote name='Xfactor4']This deal has BEEN dead for at least 24 hours. Can someone lock it or update the heading to show dead !?

It was sweet while it lasted. I am flipping my $318.00 shipped xbox 360 for $340 to someone off Craigslist tomorrow since it is not a Falcon.

I want a FALCON to replace my old launch premium model:mrgreen:

Xfactor4[/quote]

I wouldn't brag about flipping merchandise on CAG. It's a good way to get flamed.

[quote name='RudyPants']Excellent deal - I took advantage of this exact deal last fall when the premium was still $400, but at $317 this is a no-brainer.

I wouldn't brag about flipping merchandise on CAG. It's a good way to get flamed.[/quote]

Oh well.. SOme people are just FLAMERS I guess. I wasn't bragging about anything other than how good of a deal the 10% off was. I simply wanted to pass on my savings to another gamer or a family with a gamer.

I think making $20.00 for my time is HARDLY boasting or bragging.

Those DECEITFUL EBAY Wii FLIPPERS are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves LISTING the Standard Wii gear ($249 bundle) with Wiiplay and nunchuk as a 'Wii 4 controllers 14 games' etc !!! and charging unsuspecting people triple the MSRP !!!

Yea, those are the folks who should be ashamed taking advantage.

I ONLY am flipping the 360 deal becuase I REALLY want a FALCON model and I don't want to hassle RETURNING it to Overstock and having to PAY RETURN SHIPPING CHARGES in the process !!!!!!

So Good Deal for the DAD I am selling it to at $340 and good deal for me (no return shipping charges and $20 (whhhhoooaaa) in my pocket. WIN-WIN

And yes I am a CHEAP ASS GAMER.:mrgreen: That $20 will help buy my kids and I a game ! And the DAD I am selling to is getting a GREAT DEAL too. No harm - No foul....

Peace.

Xfactor4

thats all well and good, but I'd rather just talk about the deal and how to get a 360 on Ostock at a true 10% discount, not just 10% off first $100

[quote name='expane']thats all well and good, but I'd rather just talk about the deal and how to get a 360 on Ostock at a true 10% discount, not just 10% off first $100[/quote]

Sorry. I understand. Would you like to buy my unit I received from Overstock at a true 10% discount ? Since you are a fellow CAG'r, I would sell it to you at my cost ($318)+whatever shipping method you would like.

What is you zip code ? (if you are at all interested PM me)

Otherwise, sorry to get off topic. The 10% coupon deal was sweet since consoles usually NEVER are able to be discounted.

Overstock killed the TRUE 10% discount rather quickly.

Sorry.

Xfactor4

[quote name='Xfactor4']Sorry. I understand. Would you like to buy my unit I received from Overstock at a true 10% discount ? Since you are a fellow CAG'r, I would sell it to you at my cost ($318)+whatever shipping method you would like.

What is you zip code ? (if you are at all interested PM me)

Otherwise, sorry to get off topic. The 10% coupon deal was sweet since consoles usually NEVER are able to be discounted.

Overstock killed the TRUE 10% discount rather quickly.

Sorry.

Xfactor4[/QUOTE]
Trying to sell a zephyr on the non trading forum? seriously stick to the trading forums for this type of thing

[quote name='expane']Trying to sell a zephyr on the non trading forum? seriously stick to the trading forums for this type of thing[/quote]

Seriously, Whatever !

Was just trying to help out. Nice that I get flamed when trying to pass on my savings at COST ! LOL !...(zephyr or no zephyr cuz some people don't care ! Heck my launch console has not broken once and its not even a zephyr !)

If I wanted to TRY to sell it here, I WOULD post on the trading forum !

No need for the attitude.

Guess this site still has some arrogant 'better than you' flamers after all !:lol:

Xfactor4

[quote name='Xfactor4']Seriously, Whatever !

...snip...

No need for the attitude.

Guess this site still has some arrogant 'better than you' flamers after all !:lol:

Xfactor4[/QUOTE]

The sweet irony here is your general response in every thread. The Falcon, etc. Oh Mr. Pot... here is Mr. Kettle.

Not sure why this hasn't been moved to the graveyard, but really wanted to note how pedantic Xfactor's responses are (they make *ME* seem not pedantic! ;-) ).

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The sweet irony here is your general response in every thread. The Falcon, etc. Oh Mr. Pot... here is Mr. Kettle.

Not sure why this hasn't been moved to the graveyard, but really wanted to note how pedantic Xfactor's responses are (they make *ME* seem not pedantic! ;-) ).[/quote]
Ahhh... A Comment from the peanut gallery. Did someone put the 'monkey' (your 360 avatar) in charge of formal 'notation' for the 'record'? LOL ..

It's like you come out of nowhere and post 'Ummm, excuse me here, I am not posting on the actual thread topic or posting anything of value OTHER than to note how pedantic I think your responses are..." etc !?

Is someone trying to show off their vocabulary ? Most users on this forum don't even know the meaning of the word even ...

Well, I was always told, if the shoe fits, wear it ! If not, who cares.:D

Then there's always that old addage as well about how sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me...

Moving on...

Xfactor4

P.S. I do agree this DEAL is DEAD and HAS BEEN DEAD for awhile ! Can someone please move it to the graveyard ?

P.P.S. Not that I have to or should explain myself to anyone, but if you read my post in context, I was only trying to help out another CAG'r when I felt rebuffed. And when I posted 'Seriously, Whatever !', I meant it in a California tounge in cheek kind of way despite my overuse of punctuation. Kind of like a 'Valley Girl' slang, " Seeerrrriiouuusslllyy, Whateevverr !" :D People are so darn sensitive around here and take things so seriously ! Maybe I am one of them at times too? ;) [SIZE=-1]"People, I just want to say, you know, can't we all just get along?"[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
Peace.[/SIZE]

bread's done
Back