New PS3 bundle and Gamestop $125 trade in for PS3

SephirothWF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've been meaning to trade in my old 60GB PS3 (to be honest, it has this weird flicker during games, but if they test it in store I doubt they will get to it) and the Gamestop offer for $125 trade in on any PS3 is too tempting to pass up. My question is would it be better to wait until Black Friday to use the $125 credit or use it to get the new UC3 Bundle?

Getting it now:
$125 trade in
Extra $10 trade in towards new bundle
10% Powerup bonus
~$150

Later:
$125 trade in now
Extra 10$ powerup bonus
~138

So basically it's saving me 12 bucks to do it now...BUT, will there be good enough deals on bundles at Gamestop come Black Friday? And if it's something like saving $50 on MSRP to wait 2+ months, I don't know if its worth it. What do you guys think? Are the deals going to be great for BF? I forget what last year was like. What was the difference between BF/Holiday bundles and MSRP last year?

I don't believe that the PUR bump applies to consoles when trading in. I could be wrong on this though as it's been a while since I traded anything into GS.

Sounds to me like the $125 for any PS3 is the PowerUp Rewards deal. Still a deal worth considering. I have a 40GB I might trade in toward the new PS3 bundle. Just not sure which bundle at this point.

http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins
"Bring in your old system to get these PowerUp Rewards exclusive trade values now. Hurry, these values are only available until Sunday, September 30, 2012.

System Trade Value
XBOX 360 (Slim model) $125
PS3 (any model) $125
PS Vita $100
XBOX 360 (original model) $90
Nintendo 3DS $90
Wii $60
Nintendo DSi $50
Nintendo DS Lite $40
PS2 $30
Plus, you can get an additional $10 in-store credit when you trade any PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii toward the purchase of a New PlayStation 3 250GB Uncharted 3 bundle*"

I say save your money, it looks nice but the only upgrade you'll be getting is memory and a better look. I for one think it looks great but the sliding top just killed it for me. I haven't bought any games at black friday before but even I know there's going to be some AWESOME deals. So just save your money until then.

bread's done
Back