- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Devil May Cry 4
- Army of Two
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
- Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe Gran Turismo isn't going to be $19.99. It's also interesting that Heavenly Sword isn't there, especially since it sold over a million world wide. I don't know how it did in America alone though.

Edit:

This too!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Can't believe Uncharted is not on this list...[/QUOTE]

It sold over 2 million copies. It must be because it's still selling?? Clearly it did well, they're pouring a fortune into the sequel.

Finally R&C gets a decent drop. It should be noted that is takes effect June 16... I was hoping to take advantage of the drop during the B2G1 Gamestop sale.

I agree, I played through that game twice, but def worth a pickup at $30

Most likely it'll hit GH closer to it's sequel's release. I don't think Resistance officially dropped until like a month or two before R2.

Wait a sec...a demo got to be a Greatest Hits game? OK so it's Gran Turismo, but it's not even the full version of GT5!
I'm not into the PS3 (hence my sig) but that just confuses me.

Sweet! Come on Sony...you've almost got me. Drop the price of the PS3! I'll buy some games I promise! First off would be Ratchet & Clank.

I can't believe that Heavenly Sword isn't on that list. I'm going to hold out. I have all those title on the 360 and own MGS4. GT: Prologue is tempting.

I agree with the above postings... Its amazing how both uncharted and heavenly sword aren't on the list

Also, army of 2 has been 20 bucks for quite some time... Hopefully they do not change the mrsp to 30... Lol

Also, DMC4 being added to the list is perplexing as well... The CE was being sold for 30 at a lot of places.. Also, I feel that its such an old game that adding it to the GH list could be detrimental... Its almost like bringing back something from the dead... Which would make more sense if it was a ps3 exclusive....

I am also shocked at mgs4 being added to the list.... It hasn't been out for too long and you would figure that sony would milk it you know?

I think they are waiting on uncharted 2 to come out. I think they did the same thing with resistance.

Hmmm here's a thought. MGS4 being on on the GH list while games like Uncharted and Heavenly Sword aren't. This might be throwing fuel on the rumor fire, but what if there is a new MGS4 version coming out for the PS3 and they "rushed" this to the GH to get as many old copies sold while hoping the new version would sell better with less old version available.

[quote name='Thrinn']Most likely it'll hit GH closer to it's sequel's release. I don't think Resistance officially dropped until like a month or two before R2.[/QUOTE]

and/or they stop packing it in the 160 gb bundle, since a GH price would lower the 'value' of the 160 bundle without actually lowering the price of it.

[quote name='raarar']Some of you guys are mentioning picking these up for $20, but I thought the GH were $29.99 for ps3.[/QUOTE]

They are, but if you wait for a sale they are usually $20. Or if you want, go to the gamestop site when the GH is released and the used copies drop to $26.99. Using CAG16 and EDGE you save 26%, which is around $7 bringing it to $20

[quote name='raarar']Some of you guys are mentioning picking these up for $20, but I thought the GH were $29.99 for ps3.[/QUOTE]

If you look hard enough, a good number of these have been $20 or less in the past.

I picked up GT: P for $9.98 from Radio Shack, Ratchet and Clank for $20 from Blockbuster, Battlefield is $20 most everywhere now, along with Army of Two for $20 or less in most places.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If you look hard enough, a good number of these have been $20 or less in the past.

I picked up GT: P for $9.98 from Radio Shack, Ratchet and Clank for $20 from Blockbuster, Battlefield is $20 most everywhere now, along with Army of Two for $20 or less in most places.[/QUOTE]

This too :p

Just like everyone else. I totally agree.

[quote name='mtxbass1']If you look hard enough, a good number of these have been $20 or less in the past.

I picked up GT: P for $9.98 from Radio Shack, Ratchet and Clank for $20 from Blockbuster, Battlefield is $20 most everywhere now, along with Army of Two for $20 or less in most places.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this actually ends up being a price hike for a lot of these games. I got MGS4 for 18 bucks new (though that was during the CC liquidation).

I concur with whoever said you should probably wait to see what Kojima's big E3 announcement is, as some have speculated it's a MGS4 expansion.

Hmm well I got R&C plus MGS 4 from Radioshack for 20 a piece. DMC 4 at BBv for 20. Army of Two from CL for 20 last summer. BF:BC last Jan for 20 from GS. Gt prologue I'm not interested in either. It's a shame that Heavenly Sword & Uncharted are not yet greatest hits. However, for people new to ps3 or if you don't have them it's a good deal.

[quote name='LegolasFett']Hmmm here's a thought. MGS4 being on on the GH list while games like Uncharted and Heavenly Sword aren't. This might be throwing fuel on the rumor fire, but what if there is a new MGS4 version coming out for the PS3 and they "rushed" this to the GH to get as many old copies sold while hoping the new version would sell better with less old version available.[/QUOTE]
This is the exact reason I never picked up MGS4 in the first place, even though I love the Metal Gear series. Subsistence was so much better than Snake Eater that I think it was worth it to wait a year to see what changes Kojima will bring to a reissue of MGS4.

Most of the games on the list already drop price down $19.99. Except MGS 4 and R&C. Somehow i got R&C for $15 at Target. Look forward to pick up MGS4 for $25 or less :)

I can't believe Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is only dropping $10. Its a preview that should have started at $20 and dropped to $10. Thank God for Radio Shack.

[quote name='n64ra']I can't believe Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is only dropping $10. Its a preview that should have started at $20 and dropped to $10. Thank God for Radio Shack.[/QUOTE]

I'm more surprised that it's a Greatest Hits title.. how does an extended demo get to be Greatest Hits?

[quote name='mxpowar']This is the exact reason I never picked up MGS4 in the first place, even though I love the Metal Gear series. Subsistence was so much better than Snake Eater that I think it was worth it to wait a year to see what changes Kojima will bring to a reissue of MGS4.[/QUOTE]

As a fan, there's no way in hell I could have waited an extra year and a half to two years to play MGS4. I doubt any other fan of the series could either. If you at least rented it to play through then I understand. If not, the waiting just doesn't seem worth it.

[quote name='lordopus99']How is the Ratchet and Clank game?[/QUOTE]

It's a fun game, but I felt it was quite short, though it does have replay value if you plan on achieving all the skill points and maxing/leveling up all the weapons. $30 is about the right price for it, and it was the price I paid at Target when I got it. Tools of Destruction is my first Ratchet and Clank game, so I'm not sure if they're usually so short or if its just this one that is.

Half of these were under $30 already.

Battlefield Bad Company I got $15 new at Blockbuster.
Army of Two's been $20 for quite some time now.
DMC4's $15 used, $20 I think new.

[quote name='ps360gamer']I can't believe that Heavenly Sword isn't on that list. I'm going to hold out. I have all those title on the 360 and own MGS4. GT: Prologue is tempting.[/QUOTE]

There were a handful of deals on GT:p that made it about $30 in the past (Amazon gift cards, etc.)... why bite now? Wait for sub-$20.

It's odd since Heavenly Sword has already been $20 at various outlets at different points and you'd think that they'd want copies back in circulation and on shelves.

Uncharted will be 2 years this year and is due. With a new R&C game, it comes to no surprise that it hit the bins.

MGS 4 I'm not shocked by. Hoping to see some good bottom out deals on it and Uncharted before year end.

Am I the only one thinking theres something wrong with GT5P being a GH when they arent even close to bringing out the real thing? Maybe because they think to push out the actual release with ps4 or something because its been WAYYYY to long.

do you think if i buy mgs4 right now for 60 with the normal non GH case at BB. will they price match it later when it does become GH. just wanna know because i dont really like the red cases

[quote name='Magic24']do you think if i buy mgs4 right now for 60 with the normal non GH case at BB. will they price match it later when it does become GH. just wanna know because i dont really like the red cases[/QUOTE]

they should let you pricematch.. unless the non-GH version doesn't drop in price

[quote name='Trufatty']might be worth getting bad company. but still, their greatest hits really are not that great.[/QUOTE]

thats been $19.99 @walmart by me & DMC4 was 10$ @BestBuy sale. sucks i want heavenly sword&uncharted for good price.

I would buy MGS4, but I bought that day one. Rest of this stuff is just dissapointing, not worth $30 to me.

Oh hell hang on, GT5 Sampler gets a $10 price drop to $30? Nice move Sony!/sarcasm

[quote name='the KOPE']is uncharted ever going to be less than 60 dollars?[/QUOTE]

I remembered i picked up this game while back for $15 (2-3 months ago) and Heavenly Sword for $15 at local Sears store now.

bread's done
Back