GameStop - LittleBigPlanet & inFAMOUS
GameStop - MX vs ATV: Reflex, Little Big Planet & Infamous
GameStop - God Of War III, Little Big Planet & Infamous
Amazon, Frys - LittleBigPlanet GOTY & HDMI Cable
GameStop, Walmart - Infamous & LittleBigPlanet GOTY [pic]
Target - MLB 10: The Show
Target(link by Amazon) - MLB 10: The Show

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='integralsmatic']wait...but don't all PS3 Slims come with an HDMI cable??? good deal non the less if your in the market for a ps3.[/QUOTE]

No, you get a useless AV cable and have to shell out for the HDMI cable.

[quote name='estofan']No, you get a useless AV cable and have to shell out for the HDMI cable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but at least with eBay and monoprice.com one can get an HDMI cable for less than $5 shipped most times.

Do these correct the blu ray reading problems? My 80GB has problems reading blurays and I have to restore the file system all the time to get it to read them.

Nervous about biting on this with E3 coming up. I wonder if any more bundles/SKUs will be announced or if this is it.

I don't think it's that great of a deal. HDMI cables are cheap and LBP goty is only 28 at Amazon. I'm sure you can buy a cable and LBP for a total of less than the $50 they're charging for it here.

[quote name='typical guy']I don't think it's that great of a deal. HDMI cables are cheap and LBP goty is only 28 at Amazon. I'm sure you can buy a cable and LBP for a total of less than the $50 they're charging for it here.[/QUOTE]

MSRP of the 250GB is $350 so they're not charging anything

[quote name='typical guy']I don't think it's that great of a deal. HDMI cables are cheap and LBP goty is only 28 at Amazon. I'm sure you can buy a cable and LBP for a total of less than the $50 they're charging for it here.[/QUOTE]

lol right now with PS3s so easy to find:roll:, no tax, no shipping, let's say $35 in extras ... yep really crappy deal:roll:

tempted to get a 3rd PS3... i really want a slim, less power consumption and besides i hate split screens. Maybe i can run my own clan :)

Oh, you get a $5 mp3 download too.

[quote name='jcallina']Nervous about biting on this with E3 coming up. I wonder if any more bundles/SKUs will be announced or if this is it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. As soon as I finish Red Dead Redemption on 360 I am going to get a PS3. Don't want to buy one and then have them announce a new bundle or a very unlikely price drop in 2 weeks.

[quote name='jacknicklson']MSRP of the 250GB is $350 so they're not charging anything[/QUOTE]

what the heck? I didn't know that as I'm not in the market for a PS3. I just assumed that was the regular PS3. I can't believe the HDD prices they charge.

[quote name='typical guy']what the heck? I didn't know that as I'm not in the market for a PS3. I just assumed that was the regular PS3. I can't believe the HDD prices they charge.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to translate your post into English... You think the extra $50 for 120GB, LBP and an HDMI cable is a lot? Don't buy a 360 then, the HD prices are insane as is the Wi-Fi adapter.

If you think an extra 50 for 130 gigs is bad try looking at the 360 hard drive prices, this is a good deal but I'm gonna wait for E3 to see if anything changes.

I thought the ones at walmart with LBP goty and Uncharted were a better deal. like what was said before HDMI's are cheap

I think it's a terrible price for the HDD upgrade. HDD's are not nearly that expensive. To point at the 360 and say that shows that the PS3's HDD is a good deal just shows it's a better deal than the 360 prices. It doesn't mean that the PS3 is a good price. These HDD prices are way too high and I still don't think that extra 50 bucks is worth only 120 GB.

This bundle might be worth the extra 50 bucks with the game ($30), the cable ($5), and the extra HDD space. In this case, I would say that the $15 is worth the extra space. But if you get only 120 GB for $50, it's a huge rip off.

I'm really wanting to bite. But I saw a post on some forum where Fry's has these in store. But the model was a 2001B and not the new 2101B systems. So I don't want to buy blind from Amazon.

does anyone know if this will have the updated firmware on it. I am looking for a PS3 Slim to transfer my linux onto; and use my original PS3 for gaming

[quote name='ephermal']does anyone know if this will have the updated firmware on it. I am looking for a PS3 Slim to transfer my linux onto; and use my original PS3 for gaming[/QUOTE]The PS3 "slim" model never had a Linux option available.

[quote name='distgfx']It's the internet.[/QUOTE]

And this is CAG. Most here would prefer to find some glitch in the system and get a PS3 for 99 cents if possible.

Oh BTW I work at Target and we have a couple of these in the back but they comes with MLB 2010 The Show. I don't remembner seeing anything about an HDMI cable. I'm pretty sure they've shipped with Sony's newest firmware which adds netflix support out the box. We aren't allowed to put them on the floor till the 16th.

Hm. I might have to jump on this one. Been waiting for PS3s to be in stock anywhere... and a free game to boot, not a bad deal on a console that's been lacking in the deal department lately.

My brothers slim said 'netflix instant streaming ready' on the box too and the netflix disc was included inside the box it didn't support streaming without the disc.

[quote name='blissskr']My brothers slim said 'netflix instant streaming ready' on the box too and the netflix disc was included inside the box it didn't support streaming without the disc.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure Microsoft paid for the exclusive rights to streaming without a disc.

I view it as 120GB PS3 + LBP / Controller bundle for $360, vs 250GB PS3 + LBP + HDMI cable + 2nd controller for $415.

At that point, I'm paying $55 for an extra 130GB that I don't need and an HDMI cable? I'm not seeing the incentive here.

Given that this has shown up at frys as well, this may be might be a new universal (although probably limited time) 250gb bundle....But if I was in the market, I'd hold off for two weeks to see what happens at E3...Given that Target is getting a game packed in the standard 120GB PS3 in two weeks means that other retailers might be getting similar although possibly different types of packed in games as well. Depending on the pricing for Move when sold with a PS3, Sony may have to tempoarily sweeten the pot over summer to prevent people from just holding out for a Move bundle in the fall.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I'm pretty sure Microsoft paid for the exclusive rights to streaming without a disc.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know I was responding to the person above me.
[quote name='Distrato']Oh BTW I work at Target and we have a couple of these in the back but they comes with MLB 2010 The Show. I don't remembner seeing anything about an HDMI cable. I'm pretty sure they've shipped with Sony's newest firmware which adds netflix support out the box. We aren't allowed to put them on the floor till the 16th.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='typical guy']And this is CAG. Most here would prefer to find some glitch in the system and get a PS3 for 99 cents if possible.[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't realize that you are the one bitching... :bomb:.

Great deal for people who haven't picked up a PS3 yet. I picked up the slim last year and I must say, the exclusives are amazing. Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, God of War, Demon's Souls, MLB The Show, the list goes on. Hell, if multiplatform games weren't so much better on the 360 (Red Dead Redemption, Bayonetta), I would rarely touch my 360.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I'm pretty sure Microsoft paid for the exclusive rights to streaming without a disc.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The CEO of Netflix, however, said that their contract with Microsoft expires later this year and at the point in time it will become built into the firmware for the PS3 as well. I'm not sure if they same applies to the Wii but I would imagine so.

I can't find the article with his exact quote but here is some proof to what I just said.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/26/netflix-ps3-disc-must-remain-in-system-until-2010-update/3

[quote name='Distrato']Oh BTW I work at Target and we have a couple of these in the back but they comes with MLB 2010 The Show. I don't remembner seeing anything about an HDMI cable. I'm pretty sure they've shipped with Sony's newest firmware which adds netflix support out the box. We aren't allowed to put them on the floor till the 16th.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing to look at the box and see if the serial information includes the 2101B or 2001B model?

I'm glad to hear they are now including HDMI cables in PS3s now. I wasn't sure why they would not include a cable capable of HD graphics/audio from a system that seemingly boost in being HD 'everything'.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms'] Hell, if multiplatform games weren't so much better on the 360 (Red Dead Redemption, Bayonetta), I would rarely touch my 360.[/QUOTE]

That's a list of two games (not counting FFXIII), the other 95% of MP games are nearly identical.

Guys, not to side track but wondering for those who has PS3 using NetFlix, if one only has poorman DSL 1.5Mb download/256K upload only, can streaming Netflix work?

I'm thinking of getting this if Netflix on PS3 works well on 1.5Mbps DSL.

I live a place where this is the fastest option available from my telco.

If it helps anyone, this is NOT the new 40nm chipset for the Slim. Might as well wait - the 40nm use an additional 15% less power than gen 2 Slim.

[quote name='Todd33']That's a list of two games (not counting FFXIII), the other 95% of MP games are nearly identical.[/QUOTE]

Yah, so? Those 8 pixels the PS3 is missing makes the game unplayable for me. I just cannot have that. Sorry sony fans!

[quote name='cagfansub']Guys, not to side track but wondering for those who has PS3 using NetFlix, if one only has poorman DSL 1.5Mb download/256K upload only, can streaming Netflix work?

I'm thinking of getting this if Netflix on PS3 works well on 1.5Mbps DSL.

I live a place where this is the fastest option available from my telco.[/QUOTE]
Netflix works just fine on my Wii at 1.5Mb DSL. But that's SD, too.

bread's done
Back