New PSP Go handhelds converted to used at Gamestop ($89.99, likely NOT YMMV))

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

I stopped by my local Gamestop today to see about those $2.99 Fable IIs, and while there I saw they had a big "sale" sign above their PSP hardware behind the counter. If you go visit their website, you can see those prices. Anyhoo, a pearl white PSP Go in a "used" bag caught my eye for $89.99. It looked mint, so I asked to see it. A buddy of mine that works there told me "It has to be in new condition, because we just did a conversion of all new Go-s to used."

He said he had *just* done the conversion; but he said they only had that one system in stock. So, yeah... you might have difficulty finding a store with stock; but if they do, it's worth checking out.

I didn't end up getting it, as they had thrown away the original box :whistle2:/ And I don't have the funds for it right now, anyway. But in the other PS2 thread, it seems some stores throw away boxes and some keep the boxes.

Good luck!

A similar situation but obviously different hardware is the topic of DCpinoy's thread that's here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313874

Also, this leads me to believe this isn't YMMV:

[quote name='TheJayxor392']New-to-Used conversions are nationwide and affect every store. Every store receives an e-mail notifying them of the item they have in stock as New that are being converted to Used.

So yes, go trying to find some at a store near you. Since the SKU has been deleted from the systems, you'll have to call every store that has Used Slim PS2s in stock.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this I just bought one. They also dropped the price on the older used psps. Not sure what model it was but i saw one listed at 69.99. I asked them about it and he confirmed they just changed the prices yesterday.

Awesome so are the PSP Go's coming brand new in the box and they are just selling them as "used"? Also, are there colors or just white?? :) thanks for your help

[quote name='srac84']Awesome so are the PSP Go's coming brand new in the box and they are just selling them as "used"? Also, are there colors or just white?? :) thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

PSPgo only came in 2 colors, Piano Black and Pearl White and varies by store availability. Based on the OP and the converted PS2 thread, the packaging is available on the mere chance that the employees haven't followed protocol and tossed them. However I'm still waiting on the CAG seal of approval before I go hunting for it.

[quote name='RanchLizard']Quick: somebody tell me why I should buy a PSP Go for 90 bucks.[/QUOTE]

In my case, emulation.16gb built-in memory too.

though..where would I find it on their site so that I could check store availability? They seem to only have the new one for 199 on their site "PSP Go White" which is out of stock

[quote name='srac84']though..where would I find it on their site so that I could check store availability? They seem to only have the new one for 199 on their site "PSP Go White" which is out of stock[/QUOTE]

Yea its not listed I had to call them. My psp go was in pretty good condition I might have just been lucky though.

[quote name='blankempathy']Yea its not listed I had to call them. My psp go was in pretty good condition I might have just been lucky though.[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay ? Was it a conversion ?

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']How much did you pay ? Was it a conversion ?[/QUOTE]

89.99 and nope I dont think it was. They didnt mention anything about it.

[quote name='blankempathy']89.99 and nope I dont think it was. They didnt mention anything about it.[/QUOTE]

It'll look new/mint, even have that "new scent" lol, if not It's just a trade-in...

My PSPGo got a dulled out grey'd ring around it a little after the warranty expired. I wanted to know what it would cost to fix and I was told $90. I was told at that price I wanted a guarantee that I would get my same piece of hardware back (A++ condition); the lady on the phone basically gave me a rude response that consisted of she didn't care that my warranty just expired, and I would definitely get a refurb back. That being said, I never really played my PSPGo.

Edit: and another crap Sony story: At one point Sony advertised a game on the PSN store for cheaper than it was in the store. I sent out a total of about 15 emails, most of which were never responded to. Anyways, I had a bunch of clueless reps as well as a few very rude reps and some more reps that just flat out didn't care. At one point a rep linked me to their Terms of Service, which I then read and found EXACTLY in the Terms of Service where it said that Sony would adjust the price of their product if it was falsely advertised by Sony (which it was). Sent some more emails after this, but none were responded to. Sony is crap at customer service.

(just realized that rant was a little off topic)

[quote name='Link2999']My PSPGo got a dulled out grey'd ring around it a little after the warranty expired. I wanted to know what it would cost to fix and I was told $90. I was told at that price I wanted a guarantee that I would get my same piece of hardware back (A++ condition); the lady on the phone basically gave me a rude response that consisted of she didn't care that my warranty just expired, and I would definitely get a refurb back. That being said, I never really played my PSPGo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing but, HUH ?

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Thanks for sharing but, HUH ?[/QUOTE]

The ring was a defect of the LCD. Just saying the materials used to make the GO aren't exactly quality.

[quote name='RanchLizard']Quick: somebody tell me why I should buy a PSP Go for 90 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Do you find eye patches and peg legs fashionable?

[quote name='djricekcn']Vita libraries are cheaper on PSN than package for all games[/QUOTE]

You lost me, please elaborate on this. Cheaper games would defenitely sway my money towards a VITA granted its roughly $150 more...plus I need to research how well snes emulation runs on a GO.
If they ever made it worthwhile.

I've been thinking of a PSP simply for FFVI and FFIV. This might be the way to go. Hhhhhmmmm. Gotta call my local GS manager tomorrow, see what he can tell me.

With 16gb built in and expandable memory via memory stick duo, got me thinking and now i think i'll go get 1 with credit I have. Any downsides to a psp go though? Checked the gs website and the pearl white is not sold within 100 miles from me, the piano black has no option to check availability. I'll see tomorrow..

When I had (past-tense) a PSPGo, I would have expected to have liked the thinness of the system itself... boy was I wrong. It's hard to get a good grip on it, and my hands started to hurt after playing for extended periods of time. I also didn't particularly like the size of the buttons and more importantly the location of the thumbstick. Overall the primary control buttons/thumbstick seem too cramped and confined to me.

[quote name='J7.']Maybe they'll still have them when it goes down in price more.[/QUOTE]

I dunno they're pretty hard to find even when they're used. I went to two today. One had a used one and it was stolen supposedly so they wouldnt sell it. I went to the one down the street and the guy told me they havent had any psp gos for like a year and then one they sold me was sitting in the back for like a month.

May I ask which Gamestop did you go to original poster? I'm asking so I don't have to go to that specific Gamestop since you already picked up the only one there.

There used to be a PSP go at the Antioch Mall Sears in KCMO, but someone already beat me to it when I was there last week.

$90 is pretty high, but maybe I can trade in a bunch of games to bump it down a bit.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im sorry but 89.99 is too much for this thing. I'm not going to buy this (especially for that much) just so I can play old ass games on it[/QUOTE]
Agreed !

$89.99 is way too much for not only a dead product but it's a failed product just so people can play outdated and overpriced games on PSN.

[quote name='Rodster']Agreed !

$89.99 is way too much for not only a dead product but it's a failed product just so people can play outdated and overpriced games on PSN.[/QUOTE]

I still think its better to just get a PSP 3000. The buttons feel better and its more accessible if you want to play UMDs. The only benefit to the GO really is that you can use a DS3, but just outputting from a 3000 via video out and using it as a controller is fine as is.

And from a not so "legal" standpoint, its easy enough to rip your legitimate UMD discs onto the memory stick if need be. If you get a GO, you really don't have that option.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']When I had (past-tense) a PSPGo, I would have expected to have liked the thinness of the system itself... boy was I wrong. It's hard to get a good grip on it, and my hands started to hurt after playing for extended periods of time. I also didn't particularly like the size of the buttons and more importantly the location of the thumbstick. Overall the primary control buttons/thumbstick seem too cramped and confined to me.[/QUOTE]

use a dualshock 3 to play, even can hook the go to your TV

[quote name='Gosha']its easy enough to rip your legitimate UMD discs onto the memory stick if need be. If you get a GO, you really don't have that option.[/QUOTE]

\\:D/ Pro-B 10 works great on the go

Called the lowest volume stores in Seattle, Tacoma, Lynnwood, and Issaquah, WA. All 0/4 with an immediate NO. This means either the employees bought them, or they haven't had any in awhile.

As your attorney, I'd have to strongly advise against this transaction.

[quote name='RainFall']Called the lowest volume stores in Seattle, Tacoma, Lynnwood, and Issaquah, WA. All 0/4 with an immediate NO. This means either the employees bought them, or they haven't had any in awhile.[/QUOTE]

or that 2 in 5 calls are asking the same question

[quote name='wynams']or that 2 in 5 calls are asking the same question[/QUOTE]

Usually i'd agree with you, but the bargain hunters are slow around here on outdated video game stuff.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']No luck at three Gamestops in San Antonio.[/QUOTE]

san antonio has a lot more...I know this cause I live here and I have like 4 within 5 miles of me ha

Im good with my psp3000 and 32 gig mem stick, thats why im not gonna bother looking..

Got one. Thanks OP.

I've got a 2000 and lots of umd media but I also started downloading games about a year ago. I wasn't sure if I'd like a Go but this was a good price to try it and so far I love it. It fits in my jacket pocket nicely.

I've found a lot of cheap accessories -- a case at Best Buy for 8 bucks, (micro) memory cards and a component cable on Amazon for cheap.

I'm downloading the MGS as we speak and I'm looking forward playing it anywhere I please.

bread's done
Back