New PSP RPGs announced!

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
2 New RPGs announced for PSP:
Garnet Chronicle:
UPDATE 7/20/08 Scans in Post #8
Sega has unveiled a new RPG called Garnet Chronicle for the PSP in the latest Famitsu magazine. The character design of game will be handled by a member of Lineage (PC) team. The game will be released on October 23rd in Japan.

1st Update: more screens from Famitsu magazine have been added.
SEE LINK FOR SCANS: http://www.gamekyo.com/news28208_sega-announces-garnet-chronicle-for-psp.html
(Source : Famitsu)
===============================================
2nd VALHALLA KNIGHTS 2 PSP system

UPDATE 7/20/08
Valhalla Nights 2 info:
- takes between 60 to 80 hours to complete and up to 135 hours if you want to fully complete it.
- The game was penned by the scenario writer for Final Fantasy XII so it does have a very involving story.
- Good news is that you won't spend most of that 135 hours grinding as there's even sneaking abilities so you don't have to constantly engage in battle.
- Also, no random encounters

medium_2678853482_eba35c1e99_o.jpg

medium_2678853250_db5aaa7c7d_o.jpg

medium_2678034723_07d7d50185_o.jpg

medium_2678851636_86b1e53598_o.jpg

medium_2678033875_769edfe8da_o.jpg

Previous info:
Sequel to the popular Valhalla Knights, Valhalla Knights 2 promises to give fans of the original game a vast and expansive world to explore, and the customization tools to create the ultimate battle party. This action RPG (Role Playing Game) sequel adds new races, job classes, weapons, magic spells, foes, armor and more to the Valhalla Knights universe, all within an engrossing story arc. Controlling and choosing character aspects such as skills, race and appearance, players engage in real-time 6 on 6 battles, reliant on tactical combat strategies to achieve success. Supporting 2 player ad hoc network play, gamers can engage in Co-op and Versus modes with friends, or simply trade items and weapons. Valhalla Knights 2 PSP system is scheduled for release Fall 2008.
Separately, XSEED Games will unveil the company’s first official support of the Nintendo DS with three titles:
http://kotaku.com/5024328/marvelous-and-xseeds-e3-line-up-+-rpg-goodness

Last edited by a moderator:
Valhalla Knights was pretty bad, according to Metacritic and the EGM review I read awhile back. Original handheld RPGs usually turn out bad...

I'd have to say Garnet Chronicle looks pretty nice, from the screen shots. Who knows if they'll ever bring it here though...Sega hasn't brought a heck of alot of its japanese releases for the PSP to North America (well, it seems that way).

I need a good psp game NOW!.. Hope this will be any good. I've recenty sold all of my psp games and it was so worth it.

Valhalla Nights 2 info:
- takes between 60 to 80 hours to complete and up to 135 hours if you want to fully complete it.
- The game was penned by the scenario writer for Final Fantasy XII so it does have a very involving story.
- Good news is that you won't spend most of that 135 hours grinding as there's even sneaking abilities so you don't have to constantly engage in battle.

medium_2678853482_eba35c1e99_o.jpg

medium_2678853250_db5aaa7c7d_o.jpg

medium_2678034723_07d7d50185_o.jpg

medium_2678851636_86b1e53598_o.jpg

medium_2678033875_769edfe8da_o.jpg
http://kotaku.com/photogallery/vk2/1002833164

[quote name='J7.']Valhalla Nights 2 info:
[/quote]

I won't say anything about the length of the game because I used to love RPGs with 60 hour+ completions. No random encounters is now always good in my book. I will say something about how FFXII didn't do much for me story-wise or character-wise (I only ended up liking Fran because she's hot and I switched to moving around with her just to stare).

bread's done
Back