New RadioShack Trade-in program

[quote name='HeeroJay']RS Employee here, yeah most of these are shit.

The trade in value is predetermined by the system, nothing we can really set.

Your stores should have XBL and PSN cards if you want to scam the system and use the credit to buy these - it's highly recommended.
[/QUOTE]

There isn't a rule where RS employees are ineligible right? I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions.

Come on, $4.56 for a Kinect?! What, $5 was just too much to give, LOL. Some deals are ok but WOW when the deals are bad, they are VERY bad!

Looks like some values (L.A. Noire and Duke Nukem Forever) have been killed.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Duke Nukem just dropped to 5.18[/QUOTE]

Since your post it now gets $2.86.

So this system seems to respond to inventory. I wonder how automated it is. I would be curious to see:

Someone clearing them out of DNF inventory (free shipping over $75!), seeing how the system reacts, if positive, trading in more DNFs, then returning all those DNFs you bought at a B&M store.

All it would require is some balance on a credit card and a local rat shack.

damn these tiv's are going down fast! crazy fast response time radioshack, gotta hand ya that!
i was gonna trade in duke for 20, went to do some chores, came back and it's 2. shoulda locked that shi in.
wow the power of cag to kill a trade in sites values the day we find it... are we that powerful as a collective force?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 360 system trade in prices are the best... If you have the 320g special gears system you get 71.08 but if you have a slim 4g system you get 81.

OH and if you have a 120g Elite original style xbox 360 you get as much as... $0.00... lawl.

[quote name='funco']Has anyone done a trade in yet by mail? Read some bad reviews about CEXCHANGE company that runs the trade in.[/QUOTE]

Well there was only a working/not working category and since they are videogames, I am hoping we won't get screwed.

[quote name='HeeroJay']RS Employee here, yeah most of these are shit.

The trade in value is predetermined by the system, nothing we can really set.

Your stores should have XBL and PSN cards if you want to scam the system and use the credit to buy these - it's highly recommended.
[/QUOTE]
How is it scamming the system to use the credit given by RS for the video games to buy products sold by RS?

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Wow. Way to kill it guys.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't us. They clearly did a system update because the value of literally every game went down.

[quote name='bgame2']Wasn't us. They clearly did a system update because the value of literally every game went down.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the people locking in 5 copies of Dnf have something to do with that? Even if it was to trigger the update.

^ That is what I am thinking. Someone saw a 800% increase in video game trade-ins and said, "Whoa! Our prices are way out of line with the market." Then the update was initiated.

[quote name='DerClaw']How is it scamming the system to use the credit given by RS for the video games to buy products sold by RS?[/QUOTE]

i wondering the same thing??....

rage from 14 to 4, brink from 10 to recycle it, duke from 20 to recycle it. splatterhouse from 26 to 9, singularity from 22 to 1.33. wow guys, omg ;)

I just want to say the Recycle It thing is pretty arrogant. Why yes, I will take my games to Rat Shack where I will get absolutely nothing for them, as opposed to Gamestop where I can get something. Seriously, how is RS still in business?

[quote name='Velo214']rage from 14 to 4, brink from 10 to recycle it, duke from 20 to recycle it. splatterhouse from 26 to 9, singularity from 22 to 1.33. wow guys, omg ;)[/QUOTE]

Time to use that diaper money for a new headset :p

[quote name='confoosious']Wouldn't the people locking in 5 copies of Dnf have something to do with that? Even if it was to trigger the update.[/QUOTE]

I gave this some thought Confoosious. Ultimately I kept coming back to the same questions:

If people abuse what is essentially a glitch which leads to it getting corrected, did they ruin it?

Also, if everyone is attempting to take advantage of the same glitch, did those who did it first do anything wrong?

Finally, if something is essentially a glitch, is it any more wrong to take advantage of it more than once?

I will tell you that I don't have the answers to these questions, you have the more philosophical screen name. To me it just seems like they probably went from having no trades to about 100 and some system kicked in. It could have happened today, tomorrow or a year from now if CAGs weren't involved. So in the end I just don't know if CAGs ruined it or if it was even ruined at all.

I should have known yesterday something was up when this post would not die...guess I missed out on the fun. I thought people were just making fun of RS all day.

[quote name='Flame Killa']...Why is 50 Cent Bulletproof for the PSP of all things in the video game banner? Really random.[/QUOTE]

Because Fiddy can put his game anywhere he wants.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Lmaoo and no i dont work at RadioShack I promise[/QUOTE]

That's what people that work at radioshack say

[quote name='bgame2']I gave this some thought Confoosious. Ultimately I kept coming back to the same questions:

If people abuse what is essentially a glitch which leads to it getting corrected, did they ruin it?

Also, if everyone is attempting to take advantage of the same glitch, did those who did it first do anything wrong?

Finally, if something is essentially a glitch, is it any more wrong to take advantage of it more than once?

I will tell you that I don't have the answers to these questions, you have the more philosophical screen name. To me it just seems like they probably went from having no trades to about 100 and some system kicked in. It could have happened today, tomorrow or a year from now if CAGs weren't involved. So in the end I just don't know if CAGs ruined it or if it was even ruined at all.[/QUOTE]

It's possible that if people just went to their local radio shacks and traded in a copy of DNF, that they don't see the "glitch" until much later. But 5xDNF multiplied by lots of people = red flag.

So, sooner or later it might have been killed, but it was killed much sooner than needed because of greedy people.

[quote name='confoosious']It's possible that if people just went to their local radio shacks and traded in a copy of DNF, that they don't see the "glitch" until much later. But 5xDNF multiplied by lots of people = red flag.

So, sooner or later it might have been killed, but it was killed much sooner than needed because of greedy people.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I locked in one copy of LA Noire but that was it for me.

12 for a PAL copy of Siren Blood Curse? I might jump on that just to see what happens when they can't scan my copy into their system.

[quote name='portnoyd']I just want to say the Recycle It thing is pretty arrogant. Why yes, I will take my games to Rat Shack where I will get absolutely nothing for them, as opposed to Gamestop where I can get something. Seriously, how is RS still in business?[/QUOTE]

This is not really radio Shack running the trade in business but rather CE-exchange who also does trade ins for other companies. Kind of Noram handles Amazon trade in program.

[quote name='confoosious']It's possible that if people just went to their local radio shacks and traded in a copy of DNF, that they don't see the "glitch" until much later. But 5xDNF multiplied by lots of people = red flag.

So, sooner or later it might have been killed, but it was killed much sooner than needed because of greedy people.[/QUOTE]

I just flipped 5 copies, guess I'm banned from radio shack :cry:

[quote name='starmask2k3']That's what people that work at radioshack say[/QUOTE]

Hey! I work at Radio Shack and I do quite well, thank you. ;)

Dang, so I just missed some LA Noire flips and Duke Nukem flips...Lol, took you guys long ago to kill off the trade value here just like what we seemingly did with Best Buy, haha

From the terms on their web page:
"Product Shipment

The shipment of the Seller's Products confirms the Seller's acceptance of the Company's price and condition offer. The Company's price offer will only be valid for 20 days from the date the offer is made. It is the responsibility of the Seller to ship all of Product(s) using one of the shipping methods provided by the Company such that the products are received by the Company within 20 days of the initial offer date."

I just got an e-mail from them:
"
Thank you for processing your item with us, via order number (deleted). We want to make sure that your transaction went smoothly, so please let us know if you had any difficulty in receiving or printing your prepaid label. If you have any questions, please reply to this message, and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Please remember that we can only guarantee the value of your item if it is received within 10 days of the date that you processed your order on-line"

I wonder if that is their way of trying to get out of honoring the values. I dropped off my trade in at FedEx tonight, it won't be processed until Monday and should arrive in time but I have never shipped anything FedEx before so I don't know how long it typically takes.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']From the terms on their web page:
"Product Shipment

The shipment of the Seller's Products confirms the Seller's acceptance of the Company's price and condition offer. The Company's price offer will only be valid for 20 days from the date the offer is made. It is the responsibility of the Seller to ship all of Product(s) using one of the shipping methods provided by the Company such that the products are received by the Company within 20 days of the initial offer date."

I just got an e-mail from them:
"
Thank you for processing your item with us, via order number (deleted). We want to make sure that your transaction went smoothly, so please let us know if you had any difficulty in receiving or printing your prepaid label. If you have any questions, please reply to this message, and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Please remember that we can only guarantee the value of your item if it is received within 10 days of the date that you processed your order on-line"

I wonder if that is their way of trying to get out of honoring the values. I dropped off my trade in at FedEx tonight, it won't be processed until Monday and should arrive in time but I have never shipped anything FedEx before so I don't know how long it typically takes.[/QUOTE]

Crossing my fingers too... hope they honor all the TIV's!

I emailed them once I got that 10 day email, and this is the reply I received. So hopefully no need to worry.

"Hello,
Thank you for your email. Please accept our apologies for this email. You have 20 days to ship your item from the date the offer is made.
Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns."

Best Regards,
(Name Removed)
Cexchange
Customer Service Representatives.

they are sending out the gift cards, I got my card in the mail today. Unlike bby and tru , they don't put the value of the card on the paper the card is attached to

[quote name='KingFudd']Well there was only a working/not working category and since they are videogames, I am hoping we won't get screwed.[/QUOTE]

It will be a bad move for them I can see it now on the news,news papers they would make a movie about it :lol:

bread's done
Back