NEW Slim PS2 $99.99 no rebates, Meijer Wed 27th and 28th (Chicago Only?) ($95 if PM)

KongaKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Saw this in my mail today
I've never shopped at Meijer, but thought I would pass this deal along.
PM to CCity for a better deal too. It could be Chicagoland only, but if anyone else knows i'll update title. It seems a 2 day sale only

Meijer.jpg

Is this sale for tuesday and wednesday? The 26th is Tuesday. I will have to check my Meijer for this.

OMG that's a good deal. The problem is, I don't have the money to buy another PS2 right now, but if I did, I'd gladly pick it up. Although I know its for Meijer in the Chicagoland area, I could have went there tomarrow.

Can you please scan the whole page (with the store name)? That way a lot of people can price match it in BB or CC, thanks in advance!

I second that request. If a pricematch isn't allowed (which I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be) if someone in the area will buy me one, I would be incredibly appreciative. My birthday is July 30th, so you could consider it a gift, but since no one knows who I am, I wouldn't expect that, lol. I'm sure we could work out a deal. It's just that I've been intending to get a PS2 for a long time....

It is for all the Meijer's on the flyer. There are 6-8 (don't have it with me). I am heading over there in a bit to see if they still have any.

[quote name='binbinzhou']Can you please scan the whole page (with the store name)? That way a lot of people can price match it in BB or CC, thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

No scanner, but this is the best I can do

P1020013.jpg

[quote name='mer71']Wow, could someone please pick me up a couple packs of those pencils? I will make it worth your while.[/QUOTE]

your joking right???? target might have 10 packs for like 7 cents in the next few weeks they had them last year

Just came back from Meijer, with my $100 slim PS2. There were 10-15 left on display, and another 6 or 8 BOXES filled with PS2s. So needless to say, it should not be selling out anytime soon.

[quote name='tnote827']Just came back from Meijer, with my $100 slim PS2. There were 10-15 left on display, and another 6 or 8 BOXES filled with PS2s. So needless to say, it should not be selling out anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Which Meijer did you go to?

[quote name='tnote827']Just came back from Meijer, with my $100 slim PS2. There were 10-15 left on display, and another 6 or 8 BOXES filled with PS2s. So needless to say, it should not be selling out anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Well, the ad did state a minimum of 225 per store, so I'm not surprised they had so many. Not a deal I can get in on, but congrats to those who do, and hopefully everyone in the area who wants one will get it before the eBay hoarders get there.

Damn, I wish they had this store in CA, I don't think pricematching to a company we've never heard of would fly.

i would of price matched it at Best buy and got the 2 year warrenty with it so if it breaks in 2 years you get a new system

[quote name='Vegan']Damn, I wish they had this store in CA, I don't think pricematching to a company we've never heard of would fly.[/QUOTE]

No Meijer in TN, either, nor Fry's for that matter, nor GameRush. And all the pawns I've checked suck with regards to videogames. But, there are still deals to be had, so no real complaints. There are a Rhino and a Hastings within an hours drive, 3 fairly nearby BBs, and 4 CCs (with another either CC or BB (I don't remember which, possibly both) opening soon close to the Rhino and Hastings). Of course, "nearby" is a relative term; it always amuses me when someone makes a comment about not wanting to go all the way to a store because it is a 20 minute drive.

Vegan, are you vegan? I am - not many of us around, at least not in Nashville. I expect there are more in CA, though.

Edit: I meant to mention this earlier - while I am sure a few people may manage a pricematch, most pm policies specifically exclude doorbuster deals.

So I have a launch PS2, it has problems now and then with games like most of them do. Think I could sell my current system I got years ago, for 100 bucks on ebay? Then just use the money and get a slim PS2 to replace it, without paying anything extra?

[quote name='KongaKing']So I have a launch PS2, it has problems now and then with games like most of them do. Think I could sell my current system I got years ago, for 100 bucks on ebay? Then just use the money and get a slim PS2 to replace it, without paying anything extra?[/QUOTE]

You might be able to get around $100 if you toss in a few games, but prices can vary, so no guarantees. You do intend to mention the problems you've had in your eBay listing, right?

fyi,

as of around 3:00pm, the bloomingdale store still had a bunch of them. a pallet stacked to 4 feet or so.

Yo, minqqq... My Xbox Live friend whom I've never played against... Any chance you can hook me up?

(I'm going to keep badgering people until I get in on this or the deal ends. Sorry, I can't afford not to. :p)

[quote name='guessed']
Vegan, are you vegan? I am - not many of us around, at least not in Nashville. I expect there are more in CA, though.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, I've been using this screenname pretty much everywhere for 6 or 7 years now, it's become a bit of a habit when I register somewhere new. I'll bet there's not a lot of options out in TN, I've spent most of my time in major coastal cities which are like a dream come true for this sort of thing.

checked one of the stores in michigan and it wasn't on sale :(

I could have got it for 90

so its probably just chicago area or something

If anyone in the Chicago area can get me one, I would highly appreciate it! I will be flying into Chicago in about a week and a half so I'm going to 'miss' the sale for obvious reasons, but would love to pay someone to buy me one and meet me when I get there!

Chicago only? Crap I will check lansing today at lunch then.

They do have their adds online and under a zip code lookup if you want to see if your area has it..

[quote name='Snake2715']Chicago only? Crap I will check lansing today at lunch then.

They do have their adds online and under a zip code lookup if you want to see if your area has it..[/QUOTE]

I could only find the regular weekly ads on their website. So no luck there.

[quote name='Vegan']Yup, I've been using this screenname pretty much everywhere for 6 or 7 years now, it's become a bit of a habit when I register somewhere new. I'll bet there's not a lot of options out in TN, I've spent most of my time in major coastal cities which are like a dream come true for this sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm a vegan too. Nice to meet you guys. I understand what your saying about living in a smaller town with smaller options. Mine has one good food store and one great veg restaurant. It could be worse.

:D Well I decided to pick one up at that price. Just could not beat it. I have the old launch version that I am now going to trade in with accessories toward the reserve of a Xbox 360 and I should only loose a few dollars on the trade in.

I was not planning on getting a 360 until March next year but the trade in helps my cause. Now to find out what launch game to purchase.

Thanks to the OP for pointing out the sale and thanks for the Meijer on Golf Road!

They had stacks of them there to if anyone in Chicago wants one.

[quote name='controlcommerce']I'm a vegan too. Nice to meet you guys. I understand what your saying about living in a smaller town with smaller options. Mine has one good food store and one great veg restaurant. It could be worse.[/QUOTE]

Cool, nice to meet you, too. I'm curious, how do y'all feel about honey? I don't seek it out, but I don't go out of my way to avoid it, either (since it is pretty hard to avoid in store-bought foods).

P.S. Sorry for the thread-hijack.

I'm pretty much with you on the honey. I don't buy it and try to avoid. But If theirs a meal and the only thing wrong in it is honey, I'll eat it. Hey, we should make a vegan thread. If someone makes, I'll post regularly.

bread's done
Back