New SMB Wii - Is there a FULL single player mode?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Anyone know? I'd love to get me some New SMB but I will be playing alone so if it is multiplayer only I'll have to pass...

From videos, it seems like the levels are somewhat sparse, and that the game is really means as a multiplayer "party" experience ... much like Four Swords Adventures or Mario Party. You can play those games solo, but what's the point?

What I really want is a true single-player console platformer, like Yoshi's Island or Super Mario World. I didn't really care for New Super Mario Bros. on the DS ... the level design was not exactly memorable, and the save system was unnecessarily complicated.

Sounds like it was made to be single player:

In an exclusive interview with Nintendo Power magazine, Mario Inventor Shigeru Miyamoto has divulged that “We really didn’t think about designing the courses or levels for multiplayer. They’re designed for that single-player experience. But it’s just fun to have more people playing together. We really didn’t go out of our way to build anything specifically for multiplayer. I think the thing that we really had to focus on was kind of the opposite--we had a single-player mode, and all we had to do was make sure that within this level that it could be played with more.”

[quote name='HarryTruman']Sounds like it was made to be single player:

In an exclusive interview with Nintendo Power magazine, Mario Inventor Shigeru Miyamoto has divulged that “We really didn’t think about designing the courses or levels for multiplayer. They’re designed for that single-player experience. But it’s just fun to have more people playing together. We really didn’t go out of our way to build anything specifically for multiplayer. I think the thing that we really had to focus on was kind of the opposite--we had a single-player mode, and all we had to do was make sure that within this level that it could be played with more.”[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the quote. That clears things up nicely. Now if only I could get it to show up in my gold box.

[quote name='HarryTruman']
In an exclusive interview with Nintendo Power magazine, Mario Inventor Shigeru Miyamoto has divulged that “We really didn’t think about designing the courses or levels for multiplayer. They’re designed for that single-player experience. But it’s just fun to have more people playing together. We really didn’t go out of our way to build anything specifically for multiplayer. I think the thing that we really had to focus on was kind of the opposite--we had a single-player mode, and all we had to do was make sure that within this level that it could be played with more.”[/QUOTE]

That's a heartening quote. I hope this turns out to be the case. I think many of the videos have tried to focus on the "multiplayer mayhem", so maybe they haven't done the single player game justice.

bread's done
Back