New Sony Playstation 3 PS3 80GB $299 + Tax

Well went ahead and got one. Held off on the games since this purchase is above and beyond what I should be doing but I'll need to get up on some of the games I've missed out on.

Thanks OP

[quote name='Firestorm']Sarcasm I assume? Or do you think E3 will bring us a price drop of over $100? XD[/quote]
Nope, but an E3 PS3 price drop (or bundle) plus a Dell coupon would make me stab myself in the stomach and twist if I purchased a PS3 through Dell today. E3 is just about a month away. I've already missed MGS4 and Killzone 2 and the only game coming out between now and E3 is Infamous. I can wait.

I bought one... I was going to buy the sony bluray player... but for the same price and the ability to play a couple of ps3 games that i may want to play is worth it...

I bought a 80gb ps3 from dell for 320 a month ago. The shipping was fast on the system but the hdmi cable I ordered took an extra week to arrive was my only complaint with them.

Damn, been waiting for this for a long time and :cry:wait to ask the wife and now the deal is sold out.
You have no idea how pissed I am I missed this one.

Might just buy the Target deal just out of needing retail therapy.
:wall:

Well, I posted this in the $10 Best Buy sales forum. But if anyone wants it, I have a PS3 for sale, $272 without a controller and I'll include Soul Calibur IV PS3 for free (brand new) and the option to buy QoS 007 with tshirt for $9.99

PM if interested...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='a5ehren']Free 2-day shipping code from SD:
ZBC8LPSBMMRB28[/quote]
Bah. Wish I had this when I ordered. Oh well, at least I didn't wait and miss out on the deal entirely. A few extra days of waiting won't hurt.

Nice deal. I got my PS3 with dell.com's last deal at 20% off. I'm ver happy with it, and seeing that this is a better deal, it could be worth buying.
Of course, it is rumored that Sony is going to drop the price in a month or so, but who knows how much it will be. $50? $100? Who knows.
I say jump on it. When I got mine, I had free 3-5 day shipping and it was at my doorstep 2 days after ordering. I highly recommend shelling out the $299.
Great deal. :D

Why do people keep bringing up that they're going to *maybe* drop the price of the system $100 at E3. And I'm talking BEFORE it was sold out on the site, not after.

Unless my math is crazy (and possibly it is, I went to a public school,) but this sale seems to drop $100 off the price. So what the heck is the difference?

[quote name='mva5580']Why do people keep bringing up that they're going to *maybe* drop the price of the system $100 at E3. And I'm talking BEFORE it was sold out on the site, not after.

Unless my math is crazy (and possibly it is, I went to a public school,) but this sale seems to drop $100 off the price. So what the heck is the difference?[/quote]

Well for me I want it to drop across the board because I have 200 in gift cards at BB.

[quote name='bxkid']so does this model of ps3 have any backwards capability at all?[/quote]

I bought one of these models earlier this morning and I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know? Or could anyone provide some sort of speculation?

[quote name='natez0r']I bought one of these models earlier this morning and I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know? Or could anyone provide some sort of speculation?[/quote]
No, it does not have BC.

The last version of the PS3 with BC was the 80 GB Metal Gear Solid Bundle.

[quote name='no_exit']No, it does not have BC.

The last version of the PS3 with BC was the 80 GB Metal Gear Solid Bundle.[/quote]

OK, thank you for the info.

[quote name='Mako1215']This is tempting me to buy a PS3, but I'm still holding out on finding a 60gb so I can have full BC[/quote]

yeah, thats the smart thing to do, if you have alot of good ps2 titles you don't wanna give up, 60 gig is the one you want. You can probablly get one off craigslist for cheap.

[quote name='J7.']It is BC with all PS1 games I thought.[/quote]

It is. People always forget about PS1 games.

[quote name='aporter727']Yea that's pretty much what I figured. Too bad, I have a $100 gift card to Best Buy too. Would've been too good to be true.[/quote]

buy the ps3 and stock up on the bb 10 dollar sale!

Now that's a shame I missed out on saving a hundred dollars because I hadn't cashed my check the day before....

Man I am so glad I jumped on this now. My 60GB isn't going to survive this summer. It's only 85 degrees out today and I can't even use my system because it sounds like it's going to launch into space.

[quote name='Skoad']The 160GB bundle is still in stock on Dell's EPP site:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...ail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=eep&cs=6099&sku=A2328439

$395.25 before tax.[/quote]

Actually, for me it says it's about $425 before tax.

But if you're still looking for the $300 80GB, all you have to do is go to their live chat (possibly phone support, too) and tell them you want to buy it. You can't see it online but a Dell rep can sell it to you. Although it'll be back to $400 tomorrow.

Nice! Been looking for a reason to get a PS3 and this price is just right. Was able to get into live chat and had the rep place an order for me.

[quote name='Unrealevil']Actually, for me it says it's about $425 before tax.[/quote]
EPP site takes off an additional 7% when it's added to your cart.

With the chat, you can still have the $35 DS3's or the $40 games to get tacked onto the system.

[quote name='dabomb505']They sold out before 48 hours =D[/quote]

:whistle2:#:whistle2:#:whistle2:#

Sorry I wasn't more clear. What I meant was the sale period is for 48 hours, assuming there were infinite in stock. So if I were able to get a rep to place an order for me tomorrow then I'd still get the 299 price, no?

[quote name='cochesecochese']:whistle2:#:whistle2:#:whistle2:#

Sorry I wasn't more clear. What I meant was the sale period is for 48 hours, assuming there were infinite in stock. So if I were able to get a rep to place an order for me tomorrow then I'd still get the 299 price, no?[/quote]

I worded that wrong, sorry. The last day for the sale is Monday, April 27th.

It ends the same time as this: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=electronics_deals

[quote name='Masterkyo']Possible new MSRP $299.99 in May :)[/quote]

But I'd rather get it now. It's good to reward companies that take the initiative in selling things cheap earlier than everyone else.

Surprise surprise they sold like hotcakes at $299 durrr Sony.

Here's hoping that the (hopefully VERY soon) pricedrop is to $299 and that you can pick up one of the new 45nm PS3'sfor that price. Man that'd be perfect; cheaper, cooler, and quieter, sadly i'm not holding my breath though.

I told one of my buddies about this, and he said that all you have to do is go into a Live Chat and they'll set your order up for you. Said it came to like $320 with shipping and stuff.

Just to confirm ladies and gents, these 80 gb PS3's are still in stock. You just have to talk to either a phone rep or a Chat rep. Not sure why they removed them from their website though. As some previous posters have stated, this sale is still ongoing for today only I believe... or when they DO run out of stock.

thanks very much i thought i was out of luck in the purchase. but thanks to coming back to this wonderful site and reading posts which recommended talking to a live chat i was able to make my purchase. thanks my fellow cags. you are appreciated :)

I just gave them a call, got it for $299.99, with shipping it comes to $313.95! Great deal! HOWEVER, the 2-Day Shipping coupon doesn't work cause the system's already discounted. Whatever, still an awesome deal!! THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for one through the Live Chat. It took about an hour (mostly waiting for the CSR to respond), but I can wait a bit for a $100. :)

[quote name='miniMacGuru']I'm in for one through the Live Chat. It took about an hour (mostly waiting for the CSR to respond), but I can wait a bit for a $100. :)[/quote]

Especially on your company's time eh? ;)

I just bought one. I tried the chat, but they told me it was $429 with 2 games, so I called and they got me the $299 one.

She said the controllers were $49 though. I didn't get one.

The shipping was free, but the tax made it $325.

I asked if I could use "my" EPP discount, but she said it couldn't be combined with this offer.

No more PS2 for me!!!

bread's done
Back