New style Xbox 360 Silver Wireless Controller w/ cable and battery - $48.99 -buy.com

Beat me to it...

Anyone have an opinion on the controller? My 2 pads are currently in good shape but I'm tempted to take the plunge.

[quote name='j0dy77']Beat me to it...

Anyone have an opinion on the controller? My 2 pads are currently in good shape but I'm tempted to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]
Unless you need the transforming dpad (play a lot of fighters?) you can easily pass.

[quote name='j0dy77']Beat me to it...

Anyone have an opinion on the controller? My 2 pads are currently in good shape but I'm tempted to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

The d-pad is significantly improved. I recommend it a lot.

No, I don't play fighting games with it. I use an arcade stick for that. But if you do ANYTHING else with the d-pad - 2D games, text entry, navigating Netflix - it's so much better.

I really want this controller as I would use the dpad a ton if it wasn't so god awful. I already have 3 controller though so it really isn't a necessity at this point. Is this a limited run item? Otherwise I think I'll give my wallet a break and pass.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I'm hoping that Amazon will answer this tomorrow with the accessories sale.[/QUOTE]

hmm, good point. It could happen tomorrow. Not going to hold my breath but it could happen.

Amazon is currently $52 so only a couple bucks off

Both of my controllers are worn out but this is still too much -- will wait for either this new one to drop some more or for the new black one to drop some more ($39 on Amazon)

bread's done
Back