New suikoden tactics $29.99

Awesome... hopefully this is a universal drop and Gamerush will follow soon (since I have credit there, and was going to pick this up there anyways).

And about Tales of Legendia... I've learned my lesson, I am not buying an RPG for full price this gen again unless it has the name Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or Kingdom Hearts on it, since every other RPG seems to drop price in a few months now.

Espically Suikoden, which is kind of sad.

What sort of worries me is all the fast price drops with RPGS... meaning that there could not be the demand for RPGs that much, meaning less and less companies will start to make RPGS... Why make an RPG what sells 100,000 when you can make a clone of GTA or Fighting game or Sports game and sell 1,000,000 copies..

[quote name='slidecage']What sort of worries me is all the fast price drops with RPGS... meaning that there could not be the demand for RPGs that much, meaning less and less companies will start to make RPGS... Why make an RPG what sells 100,000 when you can make a clone of GTA or Fighting game or Sports game and sell 1,000,000 copies..[/QUOTE]
they will still make them, they just wont bring them over.

[quote name='slidecage']What sort of worries me is all the fast price drops with RPGS... meaning that there could not be the demand for RPGs that much, meaning less and less companies will start to make RPGS... Why make an RPG what sells 100,000 when you can make a clone of GTA or Fighting game or Sports game and sell 1,000,000 copies..[/QUOTE]

Thats why I will pay full price for an RPG I want. Waiting for a price drop can hurt in the long run.

If RPG releases in the US dried up, I'd likely stop playing video games. 2D fightingm sidescroll, and puzzle are not such big things anymore, so I'd have very few choices that I didn't find mediocre. The fact that GTA type games sell so well doesn't say much for our culture. ^_^;;; Americans are overly obsessed with sports. But that, for the most part, isn't harmful. Today being the last day of the gamestop sale makes me wish it was not only on used games. I'd pick this and DDS 2 up. GS sales usually suck, though. >.<

[quote name='62t']yea the chance of US getting Tales of Abssy will depend on the sales of Tales of Legendia.[/QUOTE]

I hope we do get Tales of The Abyss. I hate how Namco of NA tends to avoid releasing a lot of their more interesting titles. At least we did get Xenosaga and Katamari. I hope the recent merger doesn't screw up what Bandai of America will release. >.

I think the only reason that RPG games are getting price drops is because there is many of them coming out in a short amount of time, and the publishers seem to be making an over abundunce of copies now.

[quote name='Roufuss']I think the only reason that RPG games are getting price drops is because there is many of them coming out in a short amount of time, and the publishers seem to be making an over abundunce of copies now.[/QUOTE]

i would loved to seen a combo pack

Wild arms Code F / wild arms 4 for say 39.99

that would of rocked...... thought it still might happen for me since i did get wild arms 4 for 19.99 :)

[quote name='slidecage']there is only 1 RPG that i will pay full price for this year

Disgaea 2 what should come out around AUg/Sept[/QUOTE]

Hell, I won't even pay full price for that, since they will bring out a bajillion copies and it will drop price like Phantom Brave / Makai Kingdom.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hell, I won't even pay full price for that, since they will bring out a bajillion copies and it will drop price like Phantom Brave / Makai Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

it might drop in price , but if its like part 1 i will get my money worth out of it very easy... I put over 120 hours into the first part and still play it from time to time.. I just hope they dont screw it over and make it like

Phantom brave (i can not stand this game i hate it... HATE IT AHHHHHHHHHHHH)

makai kingdom (again really didnt care for the game. but i like it more then PB)

[quote name='Vinny']What was the Shadow Hearts From the New World bonus?[/QUOTE]

buy Shadow hearts New world get shadow hearts 1 Free

I hope they bring the deal back or they do it instore when the release date gets closer

This doesn't surprise me. I'm glad they offered it and I will pick it up new one of these days, but it obviously wasn't going to be a big seller. They released Suikoden 4 for $40 too so they didn't have a lot of faith in the game doing but so well.

I'm actually to the point I'm going to try and stop buying used. Companies are price-dropping and offering what I think is very reasonable prices. On the other hand you have to wonder unless you buy it right out of the gate is buying new really helping anything? Seems like when they price-drop it that they are going to stop printing it. Not sure EB Games and them will bother ordering more in when they run out. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think one of the major reasons that RPGs are dropping in price so fast are both a glut of them, and glut in general. If people remember back to Prince of Persia and Beyond Good & Evil, it's what sunk their long-term sales. Companies are making too many games too fast, and the result (for us) is cheaper prices after a couple of months, but perhaps a title desert come next gen.

It's actually more worrying to me that there are so few new Greatest Hits games coming out recently. It might be a function of the current gen winding down, but that so many great games don't seem to be hitting the million mark (including more mainstream games) is really worrisome.

another reason is there are just too many games that are just clone of games that came out years ago.... hell I would rather play Ncaa football 2003 anyday over 2006

right now on a good day i have around 4 hours per day to play video games and what is sort of shocking is that 2-3 hours this last week i been playing Ncaa march madness 2005,, (rented 2006 and its not worth buying cause its the same freaking thing as 2005)

also there is just so much time in a day people have.. and the people who grew up playing RPG in the 80s now have a family (maybe, know i dont LOL) but we have a lot less time since now we have jobs and other stuff)

right now on my back log i need to even start playing

Dragon quest 8 (only played 10 hours never played since DEC 2)
WIld arms 4 (never opened ,,, rented it )
Xenosaga 1 (never started)
Xenosaga 2 (never started)
Maki kingdom (played 10 hours needs to finsh)
FF 4 for the GBA (never even opened yet)
Ys the ark of ?? Never opened
Stella deus NEver opened
Shinning tears Never played
glowlancer Never played

Right there is 10 games not even opened or played little... and probally im looking at around 300-400 hours of game play right there 30 hours per play and some of these are alot longer then 30 hours

Why keep buying NEW RPGS when i got 10 games not even started

if you can say i can play 3 hours a day every day and only play these games (will never happen since i will always rent new games) You looking at 100+ days just to beat these games. Hell half the time i dont have anytime to play so you might be looking at 200-400 + days to beat these 10 games.....

So why keep buying when i easy got 1 year of game play time right here

[quote name='Dazz']Suikoden tactics dropped because Suikoden V is coming out in 2 months.[/QUOTE]

Or it could be that the game didn't live up to expectations at all, which is my guess.

If you recall, Suikoden IV dropped in price 2 months before Tactics released. I agree that companies are dropping games like flies and in turn when they don't sell in the beginning, prices drop. The big companies want us to play only there games and not others.

This game is OK for a tactics game, but extremely difficult in the sense if your only one level below the enemies you fight they will own you. Not to mention its far more time consuming per battle then say FFTactics. FFTActics had a good balance between time spent per battle, where as the Suikoden Tactics battles take forever. Not to mention the story is very bland, and it's not as indepth as FFTactics was. It might be worth $30 if your a rabid Suikoden fan, but I would wait for another drop. I regret spending $39.99 on this title even though I loved every Suikoden game I played so far (Including IV) till I picked up Tactics. Hopefully this is the first and last tactics game in the Suikoden series.

On the other hand, I'm going to be pre-ordering Suikoden V pretty soon, especially with the artbook and soundtrack bonuses.

I was wondering if I should pick this up now. Looks like I'll be waiting for another price drop instead. Thanks Monsta Mack.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']This game is OK for a tactics game, but extremely difficult in the sense if your only one level below the enemies you fight they will own you. Not to mention its far more time consuming per battle then say FFTactics. FFTActics had a good balance between time spent per battle, where as the Suikoden Tactics battles take forever. Not to mention the story is very bland, and it's not as indepth as FFTactics was. It might be worth $30 if your a rabid Suikoden fan, but I would wait for another drop. I regret spending $39.99 on this title even though I loved every Suikoden game I played so far (Including IV) till I picked up Tactics. Hopefully this is the first and last tactics game in the Suikoden series.

On the other hand, I'm going to be pre-ordering Suikoden V pretty soon, especially with the artbook and soundtrack bonuses.[/QUOTE]

What's weird is that every review I've read have said the opposite. The game was kind of easy, kind of short, the story is decent if you are a Suikoden fan since it takes place around the same time as IV.

I think I'll still pick it up once Gamerush lowers their price.

[quote name='62t']tell me about it. I borught Tales of Sympthonia, Baten Katios, Xenosaga 1 and 2 at full price....[/QUOTE]

If you played the game when you bought it (or shortly thereafter) then it was worth paying full price.

But if you just put it on your shelf and never played it, then you got jipped. CAGs should know better and wait for inevitable price drops.

[quote name='Roufuss']What's weird is that every review I've read have said the opposite. The game was kind of easy, kind of short, the story is decent if you are a Suikoden fan since it takes place around the same time as IV.

I think I'll still pick it up once Gamerush lowers their price.[/QUOTE]

It's possible It's easier for some people then it was for me, maybe I had the wrong setup. But in general I thought it was difficult since some of my characters weren't properly leveled. And unlike FFTactics you can't just go out and do random battles to level up (atleast so far for me), your stuck in the story fighting the story battles, so you have to level up fighting the story battles... no random battles. If that makes any sense. Since theres no random battles to gain experience from, in a sense the game is pretty short.

I would call the story half-decent. But if your a fan of first two Suikodens and 3, your expecting a real good story at the very least. Suikoden Tactics only offers a fair battle system and sub-par story. It's really only meant for the Suikoden fans that really want something to munch on till V is released.

I really suggest waiting for another price drop, and putting your money towards V.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm not sure if anyone would know, but is this a universal drop, or just an EB / GS thing?[/QUOTE]

I don't think many more stores than EB or Gamestop carried it. At least not the Targets, Best Buys and Circuit Cities of the world.

I do want to thank the OP for the heads up on the drop. This game was near the top of my list and I think $30 is a decent price for it.

[quote name='Josef']I don't think many more stores than EB or Gamestop carried it. At least not the Targets, Best Buys and Circuit Cities of the world.

I do want to thank the OP for the heads up on the drop. This game was near the top of my list and I think $30 is a decent price for it.[/QUOTE]

TRU, Gamerush, and Gamecrazy all carry it.

bread's done
Back