New Super Luigi U - $24.99 + FS Gamestop

Anyone who thinks that a $30 first party Mario platformer with a limited print run isn't worth the money is a fucking idiot and will be whining about the reseller prices in a year or two. Plus the game is absolutely fantastic, especially with four players.
calm down & try to be civil dude. its not that serious people have thier opinions. this is a decent "deal" for those who want it.

I bought it for the same reason. And, to be fair, the Xenoblade situation is a little bit different since it was/is GameStop exclusive and NSLU is available everywhere. NSLU will eventually sell for more than retail though, once it goes OOP and the resellers start setting the price.
Until gamestop get a reprint and sell it for more than $30 and without the green case.

Contrary to what the Nintendrones and Ningods say, this DLC is just like any other DLC with extra missions (think Borderlands/II, Undead Nightmare, Ballad of Gay Tony, Dragon Age Awakening, Scorchers, ect), except at $20/$30 bucks it's more expensive than pretty much everything I just mentioned, and unlike all this DLC it clocks in at well under a gig, IIRC it's closer to 500MB. Yeah it advertises tons of new levels, but these levels are extremely short and consist of little more than some junior devs screwing around with the level editor. You can find better stuff with all the mods for NSMB/NSMBW, and most of the difficulty comes in finding secrets which boils down to you ground pounding every pixel, there's no clues to where many secrets are, and without a guide finding them becomes mind numbingly tedious.

Honestly, when I played it it felt like a huge ripoff. $5 is a fair price, andi I think you could argue it as a mediocre value at $10. At $20 it's a joke.
You sound like a bitch.

I bought it for the same reason. And, to be fair, the Xenoblade situation is a little bit different since it was/is GameStop exclusive and NSLU is available everywhere. NSLU will eventually sell for more than retail though, once it goes OOP and the resellers start setting the price.
Who really knows what is going to happen, this version might be harder to find in the future but I could also see Nintendo making an all in one game.

Who really knows what is going to happen, this version might be harder to find in the future but I could also see Nintendo making an all in one game.
Nintendo has yet to make a GOTY edition, so odds are practically null. Even then, the unique box art and possibly the disc is what will make this version rarer / more sought after than that version.

---

For those interested, here's some gameplay of both.

New Super Mario Bros. U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlNs7Mm4aCA

New Super Luigi U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UETV8PFkbFs

As you can see, this is an independent game and does not require Bros. U if you get the retail version. Comes with CN coins, different box art / disc art, a guide to view the digital manual and other games you might like.

no physical manual?
No.

k1YxG4y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seeing the two covers together makes me think they should have crossed out the Mario part instead of the Bros part.

Woulda been funnier that way; more so if they had also re-skinned a player 2 character as Luigi in red hat & shirt. Ah, Nintendo fails again ;)

bread's done
Back