New Super Mario Bros 2 & 3D Land For $33.72+tax At BB with Sam's Club PM

Oboogie188

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Sams Club currently has NSMB2, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for $26.86 each(in-store only). You can PM at BB plus get $20 off 2 promo.

Super Mario 3D Land
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/super-mario-3d-land-3ds/prod5000531.ip?navAction=

New Super Mario Bros 2
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/new-super-mario-bros-2-3ds/prod7350078.ip?navAction=

Mario Kart 7
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mario-kart-7-3ds/prod5000536.ip?navAction=

Also Spoted:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Xbox 360) $8.71
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/assass...ox-360/prod1830587.ip?selectedTab=allProducts

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) $14.98
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mass-effect-3-ps3/prod5890224.ip?navAction=

Thanks to joseraul & chess227 for the BB tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snuggelz']My local Best Buy (Rego Park, NY) didn't honor the PM. *sigh* oh well. Worth the shot.[/QUOTE]

Like not at all??

Even without the 20 off?

[quote name='Tiako']Like not at all??

Even without the 20 off?[/QUOTE]

The manager came out and said that they couldn't match the 26.86 Club price. He then tried to make a deal with me saying, "I looked it up and the lowest price is at K-Mart for 29.99 and we could match that, but it'll only apply to one of your games--not both."

I kindly told him that I was set on the Sam's Club price and he just flat out told me he couldn't do that. It wasn't worth it to me just to get 30 bucks off retail for both games, So I left.

So can you do 4 and get 40 off, or do you need to do it in 2 separate transactions? Going to pick up my Mario Kart 7 Blue 3DS I ordered online for store pick up and would love to have a nice library to go with it.

Thinking of PMing:Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2 to Sams

and

Mario Tennis and Sticker Star to Kmart

Basically costing me around 250 for the system and 5 games minus the 100 bucks in amex rewards for the xbox and facebook sync and that's just insane getting all that for 150!!

[quote name='ChaosLaw']how are people getting the store price to show up on Sam's website? I need to PM Halo 4 anyway so I might as well[/QUOTE]

You have to choose a location.

Sam's Club isn't one of the online retailers that Best Buy will price match. How did everyone manage to get Best Buy to PM them?

[quote name='Fukurou']Sam's Club isn't one of the online retailers that Best Buy will price match. How did everyone manage to get Best Buy to PM them?[/QUOTE]

Cuz they will pm sams club in store prices.

I just ditch work to go to best buy also they had an event but by the time I got there the line was way too long, but i digress, got me both mario 3ds, showed them my price on my cell phone and price matched it with no issues. At first the total was like 57 bucks and I started sweating and swipe my card but it changed to 36 bucks and everything was well.

[quote name='GBAstar']Nope.. I would like good, consistent, sustainable deals.

Doing things that you know are outside the scope of a retailers Price Match/Adjustment policy is detrimental to the continuance of those policies.

Things like price matching OOS clearance items (TRU fiasco) or double dipping (Sam's Club 3DS games, Target with the 3DS XL) only lead to more restrictive policies in the future.[/QUOTE]

Doing things that are outside the scope of retailer price match is bad? let's see
1. corporate policy-check.
2. Manager approved-check.
3. Corporation is not my friend-check.
4. The mere fact I stepped into a best buy or the mere fact I bought something from best buy AND not amazon. - check.

If it was approve with no issues then clearly it is NOT outside the scope of the retailer price match policy. Since I don't own stock, whether or not it is detrimental is BEYOND the scope of our policy as CAG.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']:3ds: SAVE $20 When you Buy ANY 2 of THESE 3DS Titles ($39.99 each)
  • Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Style Savvy Trendsetters
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
It looks like Mario Tennis is not included.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll just get 3d land and NSMB2, and maybe snag 2 sticker star and flip one for mario tennis.

Phenomenal deal to go along with my new 3DS XL. Did this an hour ago and the total was just shy of $35. Bought 3D land and New Super Mario Bros 2. Now, I need to find a good deal for Zelda and Professor Layton. Thanks OP!

Did this today. Had a little bit of pushback from a manager, but overall pretty painless. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 for around $35.

I couldn't get them to PM Sam's Club but the manager told me he could do Kmart for 29.99 each

Picked up mario kart 7 and NSMB2

Total was $43.53

[quote name='JakeM17']I couldn't get them to PM Sam's Club but the manager told me he could do Kmart for 29.99 each

Picked up mario kart 7 and NSMB2

Total came out to $43.53[/QUOTE]

I'm doing this tomorrow and since I own everything I'd want except nsmb2 I locked in a copy to amazon just now so I can buy two, one to keep one to flip

Got NSMB2 and SM3DL. Some hassle but, fuck it, an extra 10 minutes is worth the money. Any idea for a 4th if I decide to get MK7? Paper Mario seems obvious, but alas it is too new to be on sale at Sam's ;/
maybe get a 2nd NSMB2 for flipping, I guess....

Man you guys really want everything don't you?

You're trying to take advantage of everything and complaining if you don't get it and when B&M stores start closing down in 3 years you'll be the first to say "pfft, it because they have shitty service". When really, you're putting them out of business making them take losses on shit because you only ever shop for stuff when you basically manipulate deals.

You're truly the devil customers they talked about years ago.

But really, you've got your justifications and I'm the asshole, right?

[quote name='ZForce915']Man you guys really want everything don't you?

You're trying to take advantage of everything and complaining if you don't get it and when B&M stores start closing down in 3 years you'll be the first to say "pfft, it because they have shitty service". When really, you're putting them out of business making them take losses on shit because you only ever shop for stuff when you basically manipulate deals.

But really, you've got your justifications and I'm the asshole, right?[/QUOTE]

It's cool because the CEO's make millions... and because Best Buy charges $100 for HDMI cables... right?

/sarcasm

It's okay I'm sure after getting molested during the TRU PC clearance (Skyrim, COD: MW3, BF3, Diablo 3) and now with this among other things eventually they'll stop PMing or go back to being super strict.

fuck them for trying though... I mean how many other major B&M stores will PM amazon or newegg? I'm just thrilled they'll do that.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Got NSMB2 and SM3DL. Some hassle but, fuck it, an extra 10 minutes is worth the money. Any idea for a 4th if I decide to get MK7? Paper Mario seems obvious, but alas it is too new to be on sale at Sam's ;/
maybe get a 2nd NSMB2 for flipping, I guess....[/QUOTE]

PM Kmart for 29.99 Paper Mario

I've stopped replying to posts like these a while back because I don't think we'll get anywhere, but I do want to understand what you're saying:

Where should one stop if he's seeking to maximize his value? Is price matching OK? If so, why does PM + using an offer the store has not? Because they drilled this idea of 'no double dipping!" into your head? So, however a store justifies its pricing strategies is absolute? You know, allowing people to stack deals is a SERVICE. You may deem it one that is above the realm of what people should ask for, but it is a service nontheless. So people complaining about stores not allowing deals to stack and thus stopped shopping there did this because of a lack of service. Also, you're vastly overestimating the power of consumers and vastly underestimating the intelligence of (those who run) companies. If Best Buy thought things like this were ultimately unprofitable, it wouldn't allow it. And businesses that allow unprofitable situations to emerge should close down.

You know, I think Cheapy D's doing it wrong. No, hear me out here. Instead of banning all the people who make funny posts like pepsiman, he should ban the real trolls: people like this guy.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']
Where should one stop if he's seeking to maximize his value? Is price matching OK? If so, why does PM + using an offer the store has not? Because they drilled this idea of 'no double dipping!" into your head? So, however a store justifies its pricing strategies is absolute? [/QUOTE]

Thank you for this.

[quote name='ZForce915']You're trying to take advantage of everything and complaining if you don't get it and when B&M stores start closing down in 3 years you'll be the first to say "pfft, it because they have shitty service". When really, you're putting them out of business making them take losses on shit because you only ever shop for stuff when you basically manipulate deals.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that it is the consumer's fault that a business fails? Promotions are conducted at stores in order to raise sales and attract consumers. If a consumer is shopping at a store due to those promotions, how can you say that they are at fault for crippling the business? Are you implying that a consumer has some obligation to shop at a B+M store instead of online? What would be the basis of that?

Question: If I manage to get Mario 3D Land for 26.86, can I instead get the promo ($20) 50% off Super Mario Sticker Star?

So the $20 off promo is computer prompted and the associate would have to actually override the computer for it to not deliver the savings. There's nothing wrong with their promotion allowing a price matched product to count toward it.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']I've stopped replying to posts like these a while back because I don't think we'll get anywhere, but I do want to understand what you're saying:

Where should one stop if he's seeking to maximize his value? Is price matching OK? If so, why does PM + using an offer the store has not? Because they drilled this idea of 'no double dipping!" into your head? So, however a store justifies its pricing strategies is absolute? You know, allowing people to stack deals is a SERVICE. You may deem it one that is above the realm of what people should ask for, but it is a service nontheless. So people complaining about stores not allowing deals to stack and thus stopped shopping there did this because of a lack of service. Also, you're vastly overestimating the power of consumers and vastly underestimating the intelligence of (those who run) companies. If Best Buy thought things like this were ultimately unprofitable, it wouldn't allow it. And businesses that allow unprofitable situations to emerge should close down.[/QUOTE]

Price matching a membership only club like Sam's or Costco is something no one should assume is a given. Price matching is something a business does you encourage you to shop with them for everything at once, but to expect to also double dip with other promotions or coupons is asking too much. If Best Buy wants to do that to keep your business, great. Just don't expect it or get ticked off when it doesn't happen.

[quote name='Fukurou']You know, I think Cheapy D's doing it wrong. No, hear me out here. Instead of banning all the people who make funny posts like pepsiman, he should ban the real trolls: people like this guy.[/QUOTE]

Hey everyone, the new guy is calling the shots now. Let's all listen up.

[quote name='tcextreme']Are you saying that it is the consumer's fault that a business fails? Promotions are conducted at stores in order to raise sales and attract consumers. If a consumer is shopping at a store due to those promotions, how can you say that they are at fault for crippling the business? Are you implying that a consumer has some obligation to shop at a B+M store instead of online? What would be the basis of that?[/QUOTE]

No, my point was about the price matching and double dipping on promotions and buying nothing else. It's the idea of wanting to take advantage of two promotions at once (price matching and coupons) when that was never the intention. When Best Buy has a coupon it usually says "on regular priced items" but we at CAG will complain to a manager looking to get them to honor a coupon and a price match at the same time.

[quote name='dallow']Picked up two for 36. Thanks.
ZForce. You've been here since 2003. Deal stacking and glitches are nothing new.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know it. But the mentality of things here frustrate me sometimes. It's bad for local businesses.

And like I said in my OP, I realize I'm going to look like the a-hole. I miss the days of finding real deals, not making them. Hell I miss the days where we would grab the extra copies for each other and sell them at cost plus shipping in the trading forums.

[quote name='ZForce915']Oh, I know it. But the mentality of things here frustrate me sometimes. It's bad for local businesses.

And like I said in my OP, I realize I'm going to look like the a-hole. I miss the days of finding real deals, not making them. Hell I miss the days where we would grab the extra copies for each other and sell them at cost plus shipping in the trading forums.[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget that the two posts prior to your initial post had the word "Flip" in them.

Let's not forget every B2G1 Free and every Buy X get Y GC thread have someone ask the following questions:

"Can I return the game(s) I paid for and keep the free game/item/gift card?"

Or how in this thread and the 3DS XL thread we've already had people bitch and moan that they got shut down... because you know... despite what the computer allows that is the actual policy?

How about since double dipping is encouraged you all head over to Toys R Us next week, where they are having a Buy 2 select games and save $50 promo and see if they'll PM the games to a lower price and still give you the $50 savings...

Let me know how that works out

See, people on here look at PMing as solely a process. And while it is a process, it seems they fail to look at what the words mean. Simply put, a price is an amount to be paid for something, and to match is to make equal to. Price matching is therefore to make a price equal to (that of competitors).

With BB's deal, if you were to buy two 3DS games, the price would be $30 each.
With Sam's deal, if you were to buy two 3DS games, the price would be $26.xx each.
Therefore, if BB were to price match Sam's, you would get the games at BB for $26.xx.

What's so hard to understand about that? Like I said before, if you get away with it, good for you. Honestly that's the retailer's fault. But if someone impedes and stops the process, do you really think you have something to fuss over? It shouldn't be allowed, and I'm surprised this is working for so many people. I remember when BB was adamant about not letting this slide. Man, funny how educating people can make you feel stupid.

[quote name='ZForce915']
No, my point was about the price matching and double dipping on promotions and buying nothing else. It's the idea of wanting to take advantage of two promotions at once (price matching and coupons) when that was never the intention. When Best Buy has a coupon it usually says "on regular priced items" but we at CAG will complain to a manager looking to get them to honor a coupon and a price match at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I still don't see that as someone being at fault. If Supermarket X sold carrots cheaply, but lettuce at a price that you can get cheaper elsewhere, why can't you only buy carrots at Supermarket X? That's my perspective on the matter.

For this particular deal, Best Buy's own $20 off deal does not specifically mention anything about regular priced items. Therefore, my opinion is that it is a valid deal.

I'm not condoning getting mad at anyone, or expecting everything to be done by others for oneself, but I can understand that when someone feels that the deal is absolutely valid they can get upset when a manager tells them otherwise. Especially when there is conflicting evidence to what a manager says, such as a check-out computer displaying it clear as day. I think that's the main point of contention for many expressing anger.

[quote name='GBAstar']How about since double dipping is encouraged you all head over to Toys R Us next week, where they are having a Buy 2 select games and save $50 promo and see if they'll PM the games to a lower price and still give you the $50 savings...

Let me know how that works out[/QUOTE]
Be sure to use those not valid off video game coupons you have. If it doesn't work, argue! :roll:

[quote name='themixmaster']So the $20 off promo is computer prompted and the associate would have to actually override the computer for it to not deliver the savings. There's nothing wrong with their promotion allowing a price matched product to count toward it.[/QUOTE]

It's a yes or no prompt from what I hear, so it gives discretion for them to call a manager

[quote name='ZForce915']Oh, I know it. But the mentality of things here frustrate me sometimes. It's bad for local businesses.

And like I said in my OP, I realize I'm going to look like the a-hole. I miss the days of finding real deals, not making them. Hell I miss the days where we would grab the extra copies for each other and sell them at cost plus shipping in the trading forums.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean, I just personally have no qualms about a price I get from just letting the computer calc itself.
Forcing it, or crying about being denied yeah, that's enough and I don't care for it.

We really aren't caretakers for these chains. They should and do know how to protect themselves from POS mistakes like this.
And yet how many times have they bungled up their own sale over the years allowing for B1G1 rather B2G1, etc.
For over a decade I've seen these things come and go.

[quote name='GBAstar']Let's not forget that the two posts prior to your initial post had the word "Flip" in them.

Let's not forget every B2G1 Free and every Buy X get Y GC thread have someone ask the following questions:

"Can I return the game(s) I paid for and keep the free game/item/gift card?"

Or how in this thread and the 3DS XL thread we've already had people bitch and moan that they got shut down... because you know... despite what the computer allows that is the actual policy?

How about since double dipping is encouraged you all head over to Toys R Us next week, where they are having a Buy 2 select games and save $50 promo and see if they'll PM the games to a lower price and still give you the $50 savings...

Let me know how that works out[/QUOTE]

Speaking of crying, how many threads are you going to keep saying the same thing over and over again?

[quote name='tcextreme']I'm not condoning getting mad at anyone, or expecting everything to be done by others for oneself, but I can understand that when someone feels that the deal is absolutely valid they can get upset when a manager tells them otherwise. Especially when there is conflicting evidence to what a manager says, such as a check-out computer displaying it clear as day. I think that's the main point of contention for many expressing anger. [/QUOTE]
But see, PMing in and of itself is a process that is controlled by humans. They manually change the price. Therefore, at the discretion of said humans, any other type of promotion can and should be denied. Just because the computer screen displays it at some point doesn't make it the 'right' price. fuck this! I don't blame you guys, I blame BB. :) Stupid BB employees.

I have a receipt from BB for an in-store pickup for an item I was able to bring down to $4.99 after using RZ certs. The receipt reflects a $4.99 price. So if I go to another store that PMs, will they PM it for $4.99?

[quote name='phantomphoenix']But see, PMing in and of itself is a process that is controlled by humans. They manually change the price. Therefore, at the discretion of said humans, any other type of promotion can and should be denied. Just because the computer screen displays it at some point doesn't make it the 'right' price. fuck this! I don't blame you guys, I blame BB. :) Stupid BB employees.

I have a receipt from BB for an in-store pickup for an item I was able to bring down to $4.99 after using RZ certs. The receipt reflects a $4.99 price. So if I go to another store that PMs, will they PM it for $4.99?[/QUOTE]

Who is to say that a human from HQ or higher up the chain did not themselves program the computer to display that in order to remind employees to fulfill it? Especially when looking at Best Buy as a huge national corporation, standards would be much better held across the board through a computerized system of management. I'm not saying that this is surely the case, but it certainly could be.

And no, you wouldn't be able to PM in that situation because you need to display an ad (not a receipt) in order to PM, and I think you're aware of that. What point are you trying to bring across through this?

Let me just say this. First party Nintendo games NEVER drop in price. Super Smash Bros Brawl was $50 for over half a decade until Nintendo decided to cut the price. If we can get a $40 game for $16 that would normally never even see a $20 price, why would you try to stop it? You a Nintendo or Best Buy shareholder?

For the record if this were an unintended glitch, then it'd already be shut down. Normally price mistakes, or combo deals that "shouldn't happen" will slip through the cracks for a few hours, maybe a day at most, but managers will call in to corporate alerting them to fix it. Memos get sent out, computers get changed, fine print gets added to advertisements... if it wasn't intentional they DO fix it.

This hasn't been fixed. Because it was never broken. :p

[quote name='tcextreme']Who is to say that a human from HQ or higher up the chain did not themselves program the computer to display that in order to remind employees to fulfill it? Especially when looking at Best Buy as a huge national corporation, standards would be much better held across the board through a computerized system of management. I'm not saying that this is surely the case, but it certainly could be.

And no, you wouldn't be able to PM in that situation because you need to display an ad (not a receipt) in order to PM, and I think you're aware of that. What point are you trying to bring across through this?[/QUOTE]
But who is to say that someone DID program the system this way? Anybody who thinks they intentionally programmed the system this way is kidding themselves. Let me tell you BB is fucked up all around. I have come across some PMing glitches that are still in play today and they are not intentional.

Yeah, my question was rhetorical and sarcastic. Probably gave some CAGs some ideas. Policies vary from store to store and I have PMed with receipts indicating a lower price.

[quote name='callmewoof']For the record if this were an unintended glitch, then it'd already be shut down. Normally price mistakes, or combo deals that "shouldn't happen" will slip through the cracks for a few hours, maybe a day at most, but managers will call in to corporate alerting them to fix it. Memos get sent out, computers get changed, fine print gets added to advertisements... if it wasn't intentional they DO fix it.

This hasn't been fixed. Because it was never broken. :p[/QUOTE]
Just like BB's good ol' sandwich glitch that lasted all week. Yep, that was intentional! :roll: The reason this continues to work is because of the added complication of the PM and incompetent BB employees.

Worked for me today, even though the closest sam's club is about 13 miles, but ACROSS THE OCEAN (and out of state) for me, technically.

Needed an override on the PM, but the $20 was automatic packaging at the POS.

Nintendo really needs to let go of their insane pricing habits and avoidance of retail price deterioration.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']what is this sandwich glitch :D

if I have time, I might try PMing new smb2 and something kmart has for $29.99 at Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]
B2G1 free on games, and get a free sandwich! :lol:

[quote name='phantomphoenix']B2G1 free on games, and get a free sandwich! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I vaguely recall a b2g1 on used. if sandwiches were involved I would definitely remember. seriously though please explain

Tried this today and it worked like a charm! After I explain the price match to Sam's Club, the cashier has the biggest grin on his face and says "I think I might have to buy these game for myself now!"

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I vaguely recall a b2g1 on used. if sandwiches were involved I would definitely remember. seriously though please explain[/QUOTE]
It was 2009 when BB was having a B2G1 on all new games. When checking out, the second scanned game always rang up as the free one. So people would have the cashier ring up cheap games as the first and third game, and an expensive game as the second. I think it was the first time BB attempted the promo as they royally fucked it up. But BB has managed to fuck up their B2G1 free deals on multiple occasions.

Worked great, snagged 3d Land and NSMB2, cashier even mentioned I got to take advantage of a second deal they were having. I was like really??!? Told her it was such a good deal I wanted 2 more, so went back and grabbed another NSMB2 and Sticker Star. 35$ for the first set and 40$ for the second set, Now to flip the extra NSMB2, if I can get near retail price I will have got 3 Mario games for 35 bucks, now that is smoking hot.

One note the receipt shows the price of the games after discount, so the Sam's club matched games show at 15 and change, and the kmart matched one shows up at 20 and change. Great deal!

Was able to get the K-Mart $29.99 price matched for Super Mario Land and Paper Mario 3DS. It worked without a problem and $20 was automatically adjusted. Very easy to do manager approval. I'm quite happy getting both games total for $38.99. $20 each for two new Mario games is fantastic.

Got denied b/c the guy said BB doesn't price match membership prices :(. Thinkin abt trying again maybe Monday or tomorrow to see if I can get a diff guy and convince him Sam's Club is a warehouse member competitior? Tht sound like a good plan?

I went the easy way and did the pricematch to kmart. Guy did pricematch and when he totaled it dropped 20 dollars. In and out in 15 minutes

bread's done
Back