New Super Mario Bros. Wii midnight launch?

hallowicious

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know of any retailers that will be open at midnight (besides Wal-mart) to sell New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

You might want to check your local Sams Club. I don't know if they still do them but for a while they were doing it for every Nintendo title that came out on a Sunday.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I want to know where all the good deals are for this game...[/QUOTE]

yeah turning out to be a real snooze fest. Only thing I've seen is a reward zone coupon at BB for 500 wii points. That will barely get you a NES game on the VC!!

[quote name='soonersfan60']I want to know where all the good deals are for this game...[/QUOTE]

$10 Video Game Credit from Amazon is the best I've seen.

I just don't think this game is even worth a midnight opening. Itll be a waste of electricity for stores to do one for this game.

[quote name='Squarehard']I just don't think this game is even worth a midnight opening. Itll be a waste of electricity for stores to do one for this game.[/QUOTE]

They did one for Mario Kart :whistle2:#

I'm sure there's some other sort of shenanigans or tomfoolery you can get yourself into on a Saturday night while you wait for the Sunday morning commerce to commence.

Seriously what happened to buying a game at NORMAL store hours? Why is it that we need midnight launches for games now? Are we all going to die from waiting another 8-10 hours for whatever game it might be? ARE WE LOSING OUR MINDS? ARE THERE ALIENS AMONGST US? WILL SLIDECAGE LEARN PROPER ENGLISH? THAT'S VINTAGE GOOD OH MY GHAWD ALMIGHTY!

.... okay, you may resume discussion on the impending midnight launch of whatever game is being talked about. ;)

I've run a movie theater for many years now, and I would assume midnight launches for new games are scheduled a lot like our corporate office dictates running midnight movies. For REALLY REALLY big movies (Twilight, Transformers, Dark Knight) every theater in the company that is running the film is going to do a midnight show. For films projected to be not quite in the same league as the big films say, 2012 or A Christmas Carol, only the theaters in the really large urban areas (NYC, Boston, Philly) are forced into midnight shows on the day they come out. For lesser titles, it's just not worth the extra payroll, utility, and other expenses when there's only going to be a limited audience. Stores do midnight launches because there's money to be made in doing them, not because they're providing you with a service out of the goodness of their hearts.

NSMB Wii doesn't need a whole of deals to push sales. It will still be selling 10months from now.will MW2 ?

[quote name='TGonz88']NSMB Wii doesn't need a whole of deals to push sales. It will still be selling 10months from now.will MW2 ?[/QUOTE]

MW2 certainly will still be selling 10 months from now if the first one is any indication.

I'm not knocking MW2. It's an awesome game but look at the sales chart full of Wii and DS games that have been out for a long while. Usually dont see a whole lot of deals associated with 1st party Nintendo stuff

bread's done
Back