New System!

Cool, how much? What headunit and speakers do you have right now?
I just put 2 new Blapaunkt 10's & Amp into my car, but I hate breaking them in.

Nice. Just remember, dont bump you system when you are pulling into a parking lot at a mall or something. Or at your place. Thieves look at that.

its a 2000 model, and thanks for the tip bignick! i hadnt really thought of that much except for at school, but it does seem to be a good idea to turn them down / off anywhere that im gona be leaving my car before i go to park..

edit: oh, and to the guy who asked what kind of speakers i have now, its a factory bose system that came with the car.

[quote name='BigNick']Nice. Just remember, dont bump you system when you are pulling into a parking lot at a mall or something. Or at your place. Thieves look at that.[/quote]
Forget that! The "BMW Security System Alarm" stickers on my windows will tell them to naff off! It's pretty impossible to boost my car, as the faintest touch and my alarm goes off like crazy! When a window breaks, the sensor inside detects it and will not unlock the doors without the key! Rather advanced... as most new cars still don't have anything like it.

[quote name='Storamin'][quote name='BigNick']Nice. Just remember, dont bump you system when you are pulling into a parking lot at a mall or something. Or at your place. Thieves look at that.[/quote]
Forget that! The "BMW Security System Alarm" stickers on my windows will tell them to naff off! It's pretty impossible to boost my car, as the faintest touch and my alarm goes off like crazy! When a window breaks, the sensor inside detects it and will not unlock the doors without the key! Rather advanced... as most new cars still don't have anything like it.[/quote]

Couldn't you still crawl in through the window?

[quote name='Storamin'][quote name='BigNick']Nice. Just remember, dont bump you system when you are pulling into a parking lot at a mall or something. Or at your place. Thieves look at that.[/quote]
Forget that! The "BMW Security System Alarm" stickers on my windows will tell them to naff off! It's pretty impossible to boost my car, as the faintest touch and my alarm goes off like crazy! When a window breaks, the sensor inside detects it and will not unlock the doors without the key! Rather advanced... as most new cars still don't have anything like it.[/quote]

If someone wants to get into your ride, they will. the can disconnect the battery. Plus, if your alarm goes off that easily, it makes people less liekly to to care about it.

they recently added that Sub and Amp on walmart's website, and i was wondering if they were any good. When you get em installed, let us know if they were worth it or not.

Also i think that Lightning Audio is a part of Rockford Fosgate(sp?) which is a good company

Good luck to you... I bet your system gets stolen at some point. An alarm will not stop a good theif.

[quote name='StealthySeal']cool! misleading topic![/quote]

I thought the same thing. You have to be careful with your use of words like 'game' and 'system' on this kind of site. :lol:

Your right Big Nick... if you have a shitty alarm that goes off when the wind blows on the car wrong no one will ever pay any attention to your beeping alarm. They will just think it is the owner who can't figure out how to lower the sesitivity of the alarm or who cannot find the button to turn the alarm off.

somebody broke into my dads truck and stole his Sub/box, Amp, cd player... over $1,000 system.

he decided to get a car alarm afterwards.

but theres nothing worse than getting ready to go to work/school and getting to your car to see a broken window, slightly opened door, and a bunch of empty spaces on the inside.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Storamin'][quote name='BigNick']Nice. Just remember, dont bump you system when you are pulling into a parking lot at a mall or something. Or at your place. Thieves look at that.[/quote]

If someone wants to get into your ride, they will. the can disconnect the battery. Plus, if your alarm goes off that easily, it makes people less liekly to to care about it.[/quote]

All BMW batteries are in the trunk. It's extremely difficult to get into the trunk without a key. This alarm isnt any "shitty" alarm, I'm talking ALARM. It's not that easy to set off, I mean if you break the window, or try to unlock the door it goes off. It's an alarm siren from a 1994 Jaguar XJS, and if you've ever heard it, you KNOW it's going off. The car also alerts the key fob when the alarm goes off.

wow didnt notice they were on walmarts site till you said that.. kinda odd that best buy and walmart would carry the same merchandise.. but ill let yall know how they are.. they sounded awsome in store (if you go to the back of best buy, they most likely have a set on display) so i hope that translates as well into my car.. as for getting broken into, i know thats always a chance, which is the reason i didnt put a 1,000 system into it.. but thats a chance with everythign you ever own and infiniti has a pretty good alarm in it, so i just hope it works out for me!

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']wow didnt notice they were on walmarts site till you said that.. kinda odd that best buy and walmart would carry the same merchandise.. but ill let yall know how they are.. they sounded awsome in store (if you go to the back of best buy, they most likely have a set on display) so i hope that translates as well into my car.. as for getting broken into, i know thats always a chance, which is the reason i didnt put a 1,000 system into it.. but thats a chance with everythign you ever own and infiniti has a pretty good alarm in it, so i just hope it works out for me![/quote]
Damn right, Infinitis rock.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']wow didnt notice they were on walmarts site till you said that.. kinda odd that best buy and walmart would carry the same merchandise.. but ill let yall know how they are.. they sounded awsome in store (if you go to the back of best buy, they most likely have a set on display) so i hope that translates as well into my car.. as for getting broken into, i know thats always a chance, which is the reason i didnt put a 1,000 system into it.. but thats a chance with everythign you ever own and infiniti has a pretty good alarm in it, so i just hope it works out for me![/quote]

Never go by what it sounds like in the store. Those displays are made specifically to make the speakers sound good. Even the rooms the home speakers are in a specifically designed.

[quote name='Storamin'][quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Storamin'][quote name='BigNick']Nice. Just remember, dont bump you system when you are pulling into a parking lot at a mall or something. Or at your place. Thieves look at that.[/quote]

If someone wants to get into your ride, they will. the can disconnect the battery. Plus, if your alarm goes off that easily, it makes people less liekly to to care about it.[/quote]

All BMW batteries are in the trunk. It's extremely difficult to get into the trunk without a key. This alarm isnt any "shitty" alarm, I'm talking ALARM. It's not that easy to set off, I mean if you break the window, or try to unlock the door it goes off. It's an alarm siren from a 1994 Jaguar XJS, and if you've ever heard it, you KNOW it's going off. The car also alerts the key fob when the alarm goes off.[/quote]

OMIGOD! There was like this one time, aliens tried to boost my Benz. And Capt. Kirk showed up and shoved a 1994 Jaguar XJS up there butts. The whole thing made me spew Brownie Bites.

What was this topic about again? Oh yeah. Nevermind.

bread's done
Back