New TRU clearance as of 4/14

Starving Gamer

CAGiversary!
Finally, I have reason to write again as a whole bunch of games are finally going on clearance! Of course, some of these games are only going down $.01, from a .99 to a .98 price point, but this puts them in the 'clearance' category and therefore eligible for the extra '20% off' currently offered on all clearance.... Also, the percentage taken off clearance will be going up over the next couple of weeks, and though I couldn't get an exact timetable I do know future signs will read "Save up to 80% when you take an extra 50% off". Right now they read "Save up to 70% when you take an extra 20% off", so make of that what you will. In any case, I suggest grabbing the games you want ASAP and holding onto them unopened (if you're a really hardcore CAG, anyway) until the dust settles; TRU will definitely honor their prices should clearance go lower over the next few weeks after you buy them.
Anyway, here's the list--JDAWGG76 please feel free to add it to your excellent thread. As always I include SKN numbers for easier availability/price checking, but if nobody uses this please let me know as it would simplify my life!:)

For the lazy or math challenged, remember:
19.98 - 20% = $16 ; 14.98 - 20% = $12 . By 4/14, if clearance hits 30%...well, even lower prices of course!

**** All listed prices are before any additional clearance percentage discounts.****

DS Clearance:

216545 POWER PLAY POOL 14.98
705184 MAGICAL STARSIGN 14.98
705214 CHILDREN OF MANA 14.98
744481 ELITE BEAT AGENTS 14.98
812193 MEET THE ROBINSONS 14.98
888448 FF FABLES CHOCOBO TALES 19.98

DS Markdown: (ALL POST-MARKDOWN PRICES SHOWN)

023870 ECO-CREATURES 19.99
394303 ZAK 'N CODY CIRCLE 19.99
397213 CHEETAH GL POP STA. 19.99
397291 DISNEY PRINCESS MAGIC J. 19.99
410376 BEN 10 19.99
422528 PWR. RANGER SUPER L. 19.99
423012 DISNEY ENCHANTED 19.99
427368 MY WORD COACH 19.99
667363 POKEMON RANGER 29.99

GBA Clearance:

776766 MEET THE ROB. 14.98

PSP Clearance:

253370 PARAPPA 19.98
253726 JEANNE D'ARC 19.98
434178 TOMB RAIDER ANNIVERSARY 19.98
437791 BUST A MOVE DELUX 14.98
559293 MARVEL TRADING CARD 9.98
747553 EVERY EXTEND EXTRA 14.98
831511 VIRTUA TENNIS 3 19.98
864584 GURUMIN 14.98
895862 INNOCENT LIFE F. HARVEST MOON 19.98
193914 INFECTED 14.98
350394 MK DECEPTION UNCHAINED 19.98

PSP MDown:

410492 BEN 10 19.99

XB360 Clearance:

013531 RATATOUILLE 19.98
253777 BLUE DRAGON 19.98
618095 NCAA FOOTBALL 07 14.98
684772 NCAA MARCH MAD. 14.98
741277 BATTLE STATIONS MIDWAY 19.98
776658 MEET ROBINSONS 19.98
815036 DDR UNIVERSE ( GAME ONLY) 19.98
826313 EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 14.98
831187 VIRTUA TENNIS 19.98
218060 SHADOW RUN 19.98
390396 SPLINTER CELL 4 14.98
446006 PREY 14.98
490676 FAR CRY INSTINCTS 19.98
507035 STRANGLEHOLD 19.98
776006 DEF JAM ICON 19.98

XB360 MDown:

954009 LOST 39.99

PS2 Clearance:

136781 LEGEND OF DRAGON 14.98
364307 BRATZ THE MOVIE 14.98
364741 AVATAR B. EARTH 19.98
493152 KOF 2006 14.98
705303 VALKYRIE 2 :SILMERIA 19.98
747693 DISNEY'S KIM POSSIBLE 14.98
776626 MEET THE ROBINSONS 14.98
805065 THE PLAN 9.98
203170 MARK ECKO'S CONTENTS... 9.98
615894 YAKUZA 14.98

PS2 MDown:

410368 BEN 10 19.99

WII Clearance:

072969 LEGEND OF DRAGON 19.98
216146 COUNTER FORCE 19.98
313095 BILLI THE WIZARD 19.98
807270 SPLINTER CELL 4 14.98

WII MDown:

410325 BEN 10 19.99
436971 PETZ DOGZ 2 19.99
679211 ENCHANTED JOURNEY 19.99

PS3 Clearance:

086927 MADDEN NFL 07 19.98
097759 OBLIVION (NOT THE GOTY EDITION) 19.98
330305 JUICED 2 19.98
775840 COLLEGE HOOPS 2K7 19.98
815931 ALL-PRO FOOTBALL 14.98
831163 VIRTUA TENNIS 3 19.98
776014 DEF JAM ICON 19.98
826329 GODFATHER THE GAME 19.98

PS3 MDown:

953994 LOST 39.99
--Sorry, no BEN 10 for this system :D

Cheers y'all!

I hit the Toys 'R' Us in Sunnyvale, California on El Camino last night and got Blue Dragon and Earth Defense Force 2017 for a total of about $30 -- clearance price minus the 20% discount. They had extra of both -- a couple of copies of Blue Dragon and one EDF, IIRC.

[quote name='bobphone']Which 5?[/quote]

Off the top of my head.

Willow Grove
Franklin Mills
Mayfair
South Philly
Abington

I picked up Enchanted Arms (360) for $19.99 - 10% yesterday. The guy at Toys R Us in Bloomington, MN told me that it just dropped yesterday. May be YMMV, but I am not going to argue with the price.

Also the Toys R Us in Apple Valley, MN had at least 2 more copies of Blue Dragon if anyone up here is looking. They are NOT on the shelf, but behind the counter in the locked case. So if you are looking make sure to look behind the counter as well.

I would offer to try and get come to send out, but the earliest I would even be able to go back and check is Friday afternoon or evening.

I found Blue Dragon at a local store yesterday on the shelf, tagged $19.99 but with a clearance flag by it, and asked to get it price checked. The little guy behind the counter told me $19.99 even though the part of the register that is turned so I can see it said $15.98. I asked if he was sure about that price because the register is telling me it's less, and he just said "well, on my screen it says $19.99."

Right. I'm very sure that the machine just decided to show two difference prices for giggles. :roll:

Went to a different store, found a few copies that rang up at the correct price, so I bought it there. The first store is on my way home, so I may try to head back and see if I can get there at a time when that little guy isn't there, though he usually is, and you can tell he doesn't know jack about what's going on. Usually not worth the trouble with him to save a few bucks.

[quote name='Monroeski']I found Blue Dragon at a local store yesterday on the shelf, tagged $19.99 but with a clearance flag by it, and asked to get it price checked. The little guy behind the counter told me $19.99 even though the part of the register that is turned so I can see it said $15.98. I asked if he was sure about that price because the register is telling me it's less, and he just said "well, on my screen it says $19.99."

Right. I'm very sure that the machine just decided to show two difference prices for giggles. :roll:

Went to a different store, found a few copies that rang up at the correct price, so I bought it there. The first store is on my way home, so I may try to head back and see if I can get there at a time when that little guy isn't there, though he usually is, and you can tell he doesn't know jack about what's going on. Usually not worth the trouble with him to save a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. You should have spoken to the manager and saved yourself the gas money.

Before I went in on Monday, I called to inquire about Blue Dragon. The lady said it was $39.99 and I asked if there was some sort of clearance and mentioned seeing it on the web. She was kind enough to scan it while I waited on the phone and went, "Wow, you're right! It's 19.98 with 20% off." When I went in about an hour later she and I chatted for a while about my list of what I was getting and what the correct prices should be. All scanned and rang up correctly and she was very appreciative for me sticking around to help her bring her tags and info up to date. :)

I liked my experience at TRU. At my BB I only get attitude when I correct a rep!

[quote name='Monroeski']I found Blue Dragon at a local store yesterday on the shelf, tagged $19.99 but with a clearance flag by it, and asked to get it price checked. The little guy behind the counter told me $19.99 even though the part of the register that is turned so I can see it said $15.98. I asked if he was sure about that price because the register is telling me it's less, and he just said "well, on my screen it says $19.99."

Went to a different store, found a few copies that rang up at the correct price, so I bought it there. The first store is on my way home, so I may try to head back and see if I can get there at a time when that little guy isn't there, though he usually is, and you can tell he doesn't know jack about what's going on. Usually not worth the trouble with him to save a few bucks.[/quote]

When you do a price check at a cash register, it will show the employee the regular price on the main cpu screen that he sees. It won't show any discounts or attached promos until the item is rung up and subtotaled. However there is a little arrow next to the item to let them know there is a promo attached. A lot of new cashiers now a days don't even know about it.

You are right about the part that you see. Next time just turn that thing around so he can see it and put him in his place. I don't mind being corrected about something while I'm working.

Well, let's see if my TRU will have anything on this type of sale today. I'm heading out after work. Either way, thanks OP for compiling all this info.

Ok, just because I've seen a few posts that seem a bit off... can we take the YMMV out of the title?

I think there's some confusion as to what it means.

As it stands, ALL titles listed in the OP are on clearance at ALL TRUs and have 20% off. No matter what they're marked or the employee says, they WILL ring up at those prices.

Really, the only YMMV here is whether your TRU still has any of the games.

Just got back from the TRU in Eastgate (Cincinnati area). They did have the additional 20% off clearance. I was able to pick up the following:
Xbox360: Blue Dragon $15.98
The Godfather $11.98
Stranglehold $15.98
Perfect Dark Zero (CE) 15.98

PS3: Oblivion (not GOTY) $15.

Total:$80.83

They did still have a few copies of everything left if anyone else lives in the area.

[quote name='prim4444']When you do a price check at a cash register, it will show the employee the regular price on the main cpu screen that he sees. It won't show any discounts or attached promos until the item is rung up and subtotaled. However there is a little arrow next to the item to let them know there is a promo attached. A lot of new cashiers now a days don't even know about it.

You are right about the part that you see. Next time just turn that thing around so he can see it and put him in his place. I don't mind being corrected about something while I'm working.[/quote]

If the cashier hits the Item Info key after using the Price Refrence it will show any discounts/promos.

I just came back from the TRU in Arlington, TX.

I bought Blue Dragon, Blazing Angels 2 (both $15.98) and the VGA Cable for 360 ($7.98). They had about 5-6 copies left behind the counter of those games and a handful of VGA cables.

Too bad they didn't have Jean D'Arc and NNN :bomb:. Anyway it was a good haul.

The girl that helped me was clueless about the clearance prices. She was kind though.

I was able to pick up Blue Dragon and Far Cry Instincts: Predator, both for $16 each. I'm glad I waited this long to get such a great discount. Even thought both games are so cheap, I would hate to have to buy them used from GS and give them more $. I try to buy new as much as I can to support the developers, although at this prices they won't get much.

Damn local Cags.. you have grown too large in number! There were 10 Every Extend Extras at my local TRU forever.. yet have disappeared since last week. Bummer.

Looks like they finally got rid of the rest of the PS2 copies of Lumines.. still a couple FF XII's laying around, as well as a few copies of Dragon Quest/Warrior whatever-number-it-is on PS2. No Dead Rising, I believe they had plenty of Stranglehold and Shadowrun. I don't recall seeing any Forza 2 either (wow that must've gone fast). Picked up Blazing Angels 2 and the last Blue Dragon.

[quote name='rpepper']I liked my experience at TRU. At my BB I only get attitude when I correct a rep![/quote]

I think its a pe-ness thing, I

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Mine did not come with one.
Bummer.[/quote]
This reminds me of a question I asked a while back concerning these multi-disc games. You'd think the discs and cases were shipped seperatedly, then carelessly packaged by the staff at the retail stores, shrinkwrapped (at most, but not all, stores), and thrown on the shelf. I mentioned earlier in this thread that my copy of BD had so many scuff marks and scratches that it looked like a used copy. I find it hard to believe that simply stacking the discs as they are would cause so many problems (for instance, the 50-pack spindles of blank discs I buy are always pristine).

Picked up JEANNE D'ARC at the Freehold, NJ TRU. They had a bunch of copies. They were sold out of Earth Defense Force. Didn't check anything else, as those were the only two games I didn't have or wanted.

Is Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl any good? The only one I've ever played is the original SNES version and while I had limited play time with it, I always wanted to get back and try another in the series. I'm debating going back into TRU tonight and picking up a few I should have gotten the other day (Prey, Far Cry, Godfather: Blackhand Edition) and keep wondering whether or not to bite on this one. Anybody that can give it a good review?

[quote name='prim4444']When you do a price check at a cash register, it will show the employee the regular price on the main cpu screen that he sees. It won't show any discounts or attached promos until the item is rung up and subtotaled. However there is a little arrow next to the item to let them know there is a promo attached. A lot of new cashiers now a days don't even know about it.

You are right about the part that you see. Next time just turn that thing around so he can see it and put him in his place. I don't mind being corrected about something while I'm working.[/quote]
I figured something like that was going on, that it showed him the regular price but somewhere else it notified him of the sale, but when I mentioned it and he said no, I didn't really feel like pushing it. I've dealt with this guy before, and he has some obvious physical disabilities and I believe a few mental as well, so it's just not worth the effort.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']That sucks. You should have spoken to the manager and saved yourself the gas money.[/quote]
It's on my way home, so I only used up about 60 yards worth of gas.

Even if I had made a trip over there, it would have been just under a gallon, and frankly I'd rather lose the 3 bucks than go through the hassle, as noted above.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Mine did not come with one.
Bummer.[/quote]
You know, I haven't opened the copy I got yet, but I did think that the case was noticeably light. I hope I got a manual.

[quote name='Grecco']Does anybody know if the Halo controlers are on clearance?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I saw a few of these stuffed in the lockup at my store. Wondered if they might be on clearance myself since TRU seems to like clearancing 360 peripherals.

Can anyone that has gotten one of the wireless headsets for the 360 give me a review? Are they good quality? I was thinking of getting one with the 20% deal but one of my friends told me that the wired ones are of better quality. Anyone out there with one of these?

Just got back from the TRU in Pflugerville,Texas, and picked up Blue dragon (2 left), EDF 2017 (last copy), and Innocent Life: A futuristic Harvest moon (5 or 6 left) all for 47.xx.

I remember seeing 1 copy of WWE 07 for the 360, quite a few copies of both EEE for the and Jeanne D'Arc for the PSP,

Picked up Blue Dragon (last copy), Dead Rising (last copy), and PDZ (last copy) today for $52.xx. They accidently charged me the same price on everything when PDZ was labeled $12.xx. I am going to go back and get it fixed so the cost should be lower. They had a few copies of that Jeane de Arc (sp?) but I passed. Is it any good? If so, I'll pick it up while I get the price fixed for PDZ.

[quote name='Puerto Rican HoBo']Can anyone that has gotten one of the wireless headsets for the 360 give me a review? Are they good quality? I was thinking of getting one with the 20% deal but one of my friends told me that the wired ones are of better quality. Anyone out there with one of these?[/quote]

The wireless ones are just ok, nothing special. I don't like mine that much because I always have my ceiling fan on high and the mic picks up wind noise, but my wired one doesn't. Don't get me wrong, it's a great way to combat the kids who scream and sing into the mic with my all powerful wind maker mic, but it gets annoying after a while.

Stick with the wired one for now and wait for the wireless ones to go on sale for around $20 or so. At that point, there's no reason to not pick one up.

At my store they also had a copy of Splinter Cell Double Agent for $19.98. Didn't know if anyone wanted to get that or not but there it is.

Picked up Jeanne D'Arc, and Blue Dragon for whenever I get a 360 console because of all the hype and popularity. I hope it's good.

My Blue Dragon was shrinkwrapped instead of the cellophane seal, and wrinkled throughout the front. Is this normal? I hope it's not a re-sealed copy.

[quote name='Pck21']They had a few copies of that Jeane de Arc (sp?) but I passed. Is it any good? If so, I'll pick it up while I get the price fixed for PDZ.[/quote]

Great portable game if you're into strategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea.

[quote name='eau']My Blue Dragon was shrinkwrapped instead of the cellophane seal, and wrinkled throughout the front. Is this normal? I hope it's not a re-sealed copy.[/quote]

I got mine at Target, and it was also shrinkwrapped.

Full Auto 2 for PS3 is now tagged 19.98 and Baten Kaitos Origins for Cube dropped from 19.98 to 14.98 since I was at TRU last week. Picked both up.

[quote name='eau']Picked up Jeanne D'Arc, and Blue Dragon for whenever I get a 360 console because of all the hype and popularity. I hope it's good.

My Blue Dragon was shrinkwrapped instead of the cellophane seal, and wrinkled throughout the front. Is this normal? I hope it's not a re-sealed copy.[/quote]

They are all like this.

[quote name='placebo1']
:psp:Lumnies2 $7.98 (after 20%)
:ds:Dragon Quest Rocket Slime $7.98 (after 20%)[/quote]

Yeah, I saw rocket slime the other day but didn't bite because I didn't know enough about it to know if it was worth buying. Lumines would have been nice, but I didn't see any copies at my TRU.

Oh, I didn't realize Rocket Slime was on clearance—well worth $8. It's really easy, but it's a lot of fun and it's got charm up the wazoo. Kind of a Zelda-lite adventure game, plus the RPG-esque tank battles are really novel.

Finally found Blue Dragon and also saw one last copy of Valkyrie Profile 2, which I picked up, in another TRU. Spent way too much this week on these clearance stuff.:roll:

bread's done
Back