New Viewtiful Joe 2 (PS2) $9.99 at FYE

[quote name='postaboy']i saw this at wherehouse for $10 also[/QUOTE]
Good to know, I have a Wherehouse in town while FYE is 25 mins away. I'll check it out tomorrow.

really? a week agoi was at wal-mart and they had viewtiful joe 2 for the gamecube for 10$ and the ps2 version for 19.99$ but yeah good looking out for everyone

I picked my copy earlier at fye after trading Paper Mario. My friend got his absolutely free by trading in two XIII he got for free at Best Buy with 'that' coupon.

[quote name='opportunity777']Any noticeable differences b/w the PS2 and GCN versions?[/QUOTE]

From the Gamespot review:

The only bad things you could say about the PS2 version in particular are that its colors don't pop out at you quite as much as the GameCube version's do, and that the frame rate can bog down a little more in a few spots, but these differences are barely noticeable.

pretty good deal on a great game, got my GC version with the GGC from Best Buy a month ago... its a shame this game dropped in price so quickly, possibly a signal that it would be the last VJ game. I hope not.

[quote name='zman73']pretty good deal on a great game, got my GC version with the GGC from Best Buy a month ago... its a shame this game dropped in price so quickly, possibly a signal that it would be the last VJ game. I hope not.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't as good as VJ 1... the game came up VERY short in the replayability, something VJ 1 excelled at with all of it's unlockable characters and such.

[quote name='Roufuss']It wasn't as good as VJ 1... the game came up VERY short in the replayability, something VJ 1 excelled at with all of it's unlockable characters and such.[/QUOTE]

The fact that it WAS inferior to the first was almost expected from me, it was STILL a very solid game, especially for being in the 10-20 price range

... unfortunately CAG has allowed me to stockpile a collection of unplayed games so high... I really dont know much about this "replayability" that you speak of :)

[quote name='zman73']pretty good deal on a great game, got my GC version with the GGC from Best Buy a month ago... its a shame this game dropped in price so quickly, possibly a signal that it would be the last VJ game. I hope not.[/QUOTE]
Theres still at least 3 VJ titles coming, one each for Gamecube, DS, and PSP.

Thanks for the info OP. Picked mine up for free since I had a $10 off coupon. It was a display copy but it was clean and I don't mind since it was free.

Thanks OP! Swung by FYE yesterday and picked up the PS2 version for a mere $10. Now if I could only get around to finishing the first one, I'd be all set...

bread's done
Back