NEW White Official Gamecube Controller

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
261 (100%)
http://gonintendo.com/?p=39892

Hopefully Nintendo won't drop the ball and release a white wavebird as well. I'm fortunate to have 4 wavebirds (thanks to the K-Mart clearance a long time ago [Metroid Prime Bundles]) but I know a lot of people are looking for new ones.

Yes, if they continue to make games with the option of using last gen's controllers, they need to begin producing new ones.

Wavebirds, too.

I'd be more excited with a US release, though you could always import. Now give me a white wavebird that runs on bluetooth and I'll bite. Maybe update it with the CC buttons and bigger d-pad too.

Well, that looks cool and all, but no wireless at all? Hell, I'd even take Wii remote connectivity at this point. Eh, if they come stateside, I'll get one (or import), just to have another GC controller should something happen to my wavebird.

[quote name='jkam']Hopefully Nintendo won't drop the ball and release a white wavebird as well. [/QUOTE]

I hope they drop the ball and release white wavebirds.

I like how everyone is viewing this announcement as a white flag from Nintendo regarding motion control. The internet is too funny sometimes.

Is it just me or does anyone else HATE wired controllers now? They should release a white wavebird with rumble FTW!

[quote name='jkam']Is it just me or does anyone else HATE wired controllers now? They should release a white wavebird with rumble FTW![/quote]

I do but then I have cats who trip over and chew on cables so wired controllers are now a no no in my house.

I'd take one.

I still say they need to make a white Wavebird with the IR port from the Wiimote built in. Then I could start up games of Brawl without having to use a stupid Wiimote.

I'll take two, and eventually get all 4.

Nice color, and longer cord!
No need for those extensions I bought, they get annoying to set up time after time.

Glad they didn't make Wavebirds.

[quote name='theflicker']I like how everyone is viewing this announcement as a white flag from Nintendo regarding motion control. The internet is too funny sometimes.[/QUOTE]

? No one said that in this thread.

I might buy it since it's cheap. I bought a Wavebird soon after buying a Wii but I was told it doesn't have rumble.

[quote name='dallow']I'll take two, and eventually get all 4.

Nice color, and longer cord!
No need for those extensions I bought, they get annoying to set up time after time.

Glad they didn't make Wavebirds.[/quote]

See statments like this confuse me why would you be happy that there are less options for you. If you don't want wireless don't buy a wavebird but being glad there isn't a new wavebird when it would be better for others just seems silly.

[quote name='PhoenixT']See statments like this confuse me why would you be happy that there are less options for you. If you don't want wireless don't buy a wavebird but being glad there isn't a new wavebird when it would be better for others just seems silly.[/quote]

Maybe it was meant to be read as "I'm glad they didn't make wavebirds [instead]"

You guys sound like they discontinued Gamecube controllers. I won't get excited until they make wavebirds again, no matter the color.

[quote name='Clarke']You guys sound like they discontinued Gamecube controllers. I won't get excited until they make wavebirds again, no matter the color.[/quote]

arent they pretty much discontinued?

Unless they start making Wavebirds again, I am out...

I can't force myself to go back to wired controllers at this point.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Maybe it was meant to be read as "I'm glad they didn't make wavebirds [instead]"[/quote]Exactly.
I probably should have stated that.

[quote name='Clarke']You guys sound like they discontinued Gamecube controllers. I won't get excited until they make wavebirds again, no matter the color.[/quote]
Longer cord.

White color is just icing on the cake.

Wired GCN remotes > Wireless.

I have a Wavebird and an orange GCN remote, and I rarely use the Wavebird other than in certain games. I can't stand no rumble and the split second delay.

You know if you really want white controllers theres always those knockoffs on ebay that are $7-10 a pop. They look exactly the same but no gamecube logo.
gc-whitecon-twin.jpg
I've seen them in person and they look good enough but never got to try them. Won't be a bad deal if you aren't ever going to use them. By that I man that you use the official controller and your 3 friends can use the cheap ones hahah.

Heres another interesting ebay find :lol:
9f1c_1_b.JPG

[quote name='Samus']Wired GCN remotes > Wireless.

I have a Wavebird and an orange GCN remote, and I rarely use the Wavebird other than in certain games. I can't stand no rumble and the split second delay.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

Plus batteries ftl.

[quote name='Strell']
I still say they need to make a white Wavebird with the IR port from the Wiimote built in. Then I could start up games of Brawl without having to use a stupid Wiimote.[/quote]
:pray:

Although this still is nice. I still have a sealed black GC controller I got on clearance at TRU with the B1G1 Half off accessories sale. Cost $21 for two.

Why some of the Wavebird hate? I could understand if you're playing a game that requires split second reactions (i.e. Brawl), but the lack of rumble and the delay isn't really that bad otherwise.

But I digress, this looks great but I already have 4 GameCube controllers. Like Strell, give me a "new" Wavebird that includes bluetooth syncing with the Wii and rumble and I'm sold. Better yet, allow them to be used in GameCube games in addition to those previous features.

Ive been looking for this white controller for a long time to go along with my Wii. Finally, i hope it gets realesed soon. I'd get a Wavebird but aparently there is a 1/2 a second delay or less when playing Brawl.

Have these been confirmed for Stateside release?

I'll get one, but I'm not paying import prices for it.

For a white Wavebird I would pay import prices tho. :D

Back when I was playing MLB Power Pros every spare moment, I switched from using my Wavebird to a standard GC controller. I got tired of buying AA batteries all the time.

Is there a split second delay? I never really noticed it with mine but now you've got me wondering...my main gripe with the wired controller is that the cord is so damn short, I can't sit on my bed and use it cuz the wii is too far away. I had the same problem with my ps2 but that's gone now that I have a ps3.

[quote name='theflicker']I like how everyone is viewing this announcement as a white flag from Nintendo regarding motion control. The internet is too funny sometimes.[/quote]

*checks posts before yours*

What?

[quote name='PhoenixT']See statments like this confuse me why would you be happy that there are less options for you. If you don't want wireless don't buy a wavebird but being glad there isn't a new wavebird when it would be better for others just seems silly.[/quote]

We'll, I think he means "I'm glad they didn't just make wavebirds." because those are expensive.

[quote name='help1']*checks posts before yours*

What?[/QUOTE]

This is the reaction on other sites, like Kotaku.

[quote name='theflicker']This is the reaction on other sites, like Kotaku.[/quote]

Pfft, "Kotaku" is Japanese for retarded!

The average reader on Kotaku isn't all too bright, if you are referring to the comments section.

Is it just me or the one in the gonintendo pic look like the platnium one? Either way it is a great idea and I am tempted to buy one if it hits the states because I do need another controller for smash.

[quote name='help1']Pfft, "Kotaku" is Japanese for retarded!

The average reader on Kotaku isn't all too bright, if you are referring to the comments section.[/quote]Uh, I'll just assume I'm one of the above-average readers, then...

I haven't touched my 4 wired GC controllers since buying 4 Wavebirds. Wireless > Rumble. And using it with Brawl online hasn't kept me from winning any matches. Of course, my Wii is also sitting on a shelf 6' above the floor...so wireless is pretty important to me.

I hope they do come out with new Wavebirds, although I probably wouldn't buy any unless one of my current Wavebirds die or the new Wavebirds have features similar to what Strell listed earlier.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']took them long enough. now will there be white memory cards? i doubt it.[/QUOTE]

You mean like this?

Or do you mean SD cards, like this?

If they put some out over here, I may grab a couple.

I have four Wavebirds, but wouldn't mind having the rumble (and longer cord). Damn Wii sits on top of a dresser, and I'd need a long cord to reach the floor or chairs.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']took them long enough. now will there be white memory cards? i doubt it.[/QUOTE]

The official 1019 card is white. Looks good with the Wii!

you all know this shit any coming here and there will be no wavebird version, because that is what fans actually want. We will prob get Nintendo decals for the Wii Fit board and NOA will act like they parted the red sea for us.

bread's done
Back