NEW White Official Gamecube Controller

Well, at least it's something.

I'll be honest... the Wavebird is great, but I prefer the wired controller. Maybe it's the rumble, but I just like it better. However, I'm not really comfortable using them on the Wii just because of the vertical set-up and the extremely short cord.

Though, oddly, I have three Wavebirds and three wireds... and all three wireds have issues. Sticks basically dead, shoulder buttons broken or sticking... each one has it's own problem. Wavebirds, which have been used more, are completely fine. Always thought that was weird.

Regardless, if they aren't going to release new Wavebirds (preferably with added Rumble, which should be easy at this point), a new wired with a longer cord is good enough for me.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I want a spice (doesn't have to be, though) wavebird with rumble. I have two wired GCN controllers and 2 wavebirds.[/quote]
Why did they discontinue spice, anyway? I would have wanted a black, purple, platinum, and spice, but no. It's discontinued.

Who the hell cares about a freaking white GC controller? I want one of those SNES classic controllers they give away in Japan for registering your games.

fuck you Nintendo, you've been ass pounding my wallet for a long time, now I want something in return.

[quote name='braut']picked up two, waiting for pre-order to ship :)[/quote]I haven't been keeping up, but what is the ship date, and where did you order from?

I need a couple myself.

[quote name='dallow']I haven't been keeping up, but what is the ship date, and where did you order from?

I need a couple myself.[/QUOTE]

Play Asia's got them for $25 plus shipping.

What's PlayAsia's shipping like? I haven't imported anything since LikSang was still out there, and it took them 3 weeks to get me a pearl white DS they said was in stock and was shipping the next business day. But I really want this since I'm friggin sick of these shitty third party controllers, and I'm thinking my Wavebird isn't gonna get fixed. T_T

The GC controller is the only console/accessory I've ever purchased based on color alone. I had no need for another controller, yet when I first spotted Spice, I made her mine. And now whenever I need to put the MKDD beatdown on family and friends, I wield my sweet spice and we work those foos like a parttime job. I love you, Spice.

While I'm not keen on white controllers as they show use too easily, I could go in for a sixth GC controller if they come up with some newer colors. Maybe a robin's egg blue? Or a coke bottle green.

My two wired GC controllers are onyx and spice. It's like it's always Halloween!

I didn't know the spice controllers were hard to find.

I preferred the wired control and I've never noticed the delay but rumble is all to me. If they made a wavebird with rumble I'd buy 3. and I play by myself. They used to make wavebird battery packs. I got two. They're awesome.

haha ya my story with the spice controller is that I was younger and had 2 controllers at the time. I wanted a 3rd, so my parents surprised me and bought me one, and when I looked at it it was ORANGE. At first i was kinda mad cause I wanted a black one at that age, but after they convinced me to just use it I opened it up and started playing some smash bros. After only a matter of minutes it became the most favorite controller I had ever owned and remains as just that to this very day. Good ol' mr. spicey. Wired controllers >>> Wireless too (unless its the 360 :p)

Just a heads-up, Play-Asia shipped my controller yesterday. I should have it in my hands by Saturday, I hope.

It was $35.30 shipped.

soudns nice but too much for me. I want a cube controller for $20 but until then i can still get one for $24-29 and white is nice but not /that/ important to me. thanks for the info though.

Mine shipped the same day Bavgate. I'm in St. Louis and I'm hoping it'll be here by this weekend as well. I'm looking forward to the longer cord the most.

[quote name='RynoZebz']Mine shipped the same day Bavgate. I'm in St. Louis and I'm hoping it'll be here by this weekend as well. I'm looking forward to the longer cord the most.[/quote]

Sweeeet. I'm in San Francisco, so I'm hoping it will be here very soon. :D

Quick question: Anyone have any idea how fast Play-Asia's shipping is?

I don't remember to clearly but I have ordered something from them before and it took at least a week.

[quote name='RynoZebz']I don't remember to clearly but I have ordered something from them before and it took at least a week.[/quote]

Awesome. Thanks, Ryno.

wavebird was one of the best controllers i've ever used. don't know if i'd cough up the extra cash for one now over a wired controller, except for maybe cleanliness's sake.

Tired of waiting, I made my own last summer:

The new addition:
wii1vz5.jpg
wii2vk3.jpg

Seperated at birth:
wii3gu9.jpg

The whole family:
wii4ms4.jpg

And before anyone asks. Nope, no blue LEDs. I don't have a friggin clue how to do those. This is a first attempt. :) Not 100% perfect, but not bad for a first try. The Wii is done in a brushed aluminum premium vinyl. Shimmers in the light. Kinda cool.

That wavebird looks very well done. I'd always thought that if they resume production of GC controllers they should look exactly like that. The Wii logo should replace the GC logo to emphasize that they are compatible. If they did that I'm sure it'd fly off the the shelves.

VERY Awesome Corvin but here's the problem.
Now that you did that, you are going to have to write up an FAQ on how you did that.
Sorry, but it's like.. a rule or something :p

(But I'm serious; if you could spare some time and write us an FAQ on how to do that.. it'd be really appreciated by idiots like me :applause: )

[quote name='dallow']
That's what I'm talking about.
Bye bye extenders.[/quote]

Wow. Actually, I'm going to wait a few months and hope that it comes out here. I really don't want to spend $35 for it. I was fine with $25, but the $10 shipping killed it for me.

[quote name='Wolfkin']good lord that IS long.. I'm going to try to e-mail nintendo and beg for it.[/QUOTE]

That sounds so incredibly hot :applause:

[quote name='lilboo']VERY Awesome Corvin but here's the problem.
Now that you did that, you are going to have to write up an FAQ on how you did that.
Sorry, but it's like.. a rule or something :p

(But I'm serious; if you could spare some time and write us an FAQ on how to do that.. it'd be really appreciated by idiots like me :applause: )[/QUOTE]

No sweat. I just followed this guide: http://alcaron.blogspot.com/2006/12/noir-360-wireless-controller.html

Then I custom cut the Wii logo out of vinyl at the sign shop I work at.

Corvin, dang you! You've got me incredibly interested in doing this! Actually, I had interest before, but seeing that I can't resist.

I have a few questions. Did you paint all the buttons white? Or is that the original grey (can't really tell)? And how did you change the color of the rubber on the c-stick? Same process? Thanks for answering!

[quote name='JoeB1233']Corvin, dang you! You've got me incredibly interested in doing this! Actually, I had interest before, but seeing that I can't resist.

I have a few questions. Did you paint all the buttons white? Or is that the original grey (can't really tell)? And how did you change the color of the rubber on the c-stick? Same process? Thanks for answering![/quote]
[quote name='the blog post Corvin linked to']
Also pay attention to the inner neck of the joysticks, you have to intentionally spray in there (CAREFULLY!), they won't pick up enough dye just from you spraying the surface.[/quote]
After my phailed modding attempt (what started as fixing a broken control stick ended in 2 controller's worth of buttons and screws in a plastic baggie with two controller shells + boards) I think I'm gonna redeem my broken controllers. I'll post plenty of pics of the whole process if I do.

Oh, I see. I wasn't sure given that the link was for an X360 controller, so I wasn't sure if everything crossed over.

See - I read the link!
:)

[quote name='RynoZebz']Ugh... I really hope mine comes today. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?[/quote]

Nope. :cry:

It's going to be awhile, I guess.

I hope mine came today. Shipping from China so I'm sure it takes some time. I bought two. Wonder if that affects anything. I'll drop an update if it does.

[quote name='RynoZebz']I hope mine came today. Shipping from China so I'm sure it takes some time. I bought two. Wonder if that affects anything. I'll drop an update if it does.[/QUOTE]

I placed an order for one on April 27, 2008. It shipped on April 28, 2008. I live in Louisiana.

That makes me nervous. My order shipped on April 22nd supposedly. I did the base shipping. Did you opt for the faster one?

Ryno, my controller came in today but I missed the package since I was out.

You shouldn't worry too much, I expect you to receive it very soon, especially considering our controllers shipped on the same day.

[quote name='RynoZebz']That makes me nervous. My order shipped on April 22nd supposedly. I did the base shipping. Did you opt for the faster one?[/QUOTE]

I used the economy air box for $12.90. According to Play Asia it takes 5 to 10 days using that type of shipping.

Thanks guys. Maybe it'll be here tomorrow. Isn't just coming post office? I didn't think I'd have to sign for it.

My guess is that they didn't actually ship it on the day they said they shipped it. It wasn't due to come out until after they shipped it so I was surprised that it left early. Perhaps it didn't after all.

bread's done
Back