New WII and SD Card issues

scott123456

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got my WII and have been reading about the SD cards. I'm lost in the fact that I put in 2 cards (512MB and a 2GIG) but my WII system doesn't recognize the fact that I have the SD Card inserted in the system? They are normal ScanDisk cards.

Anyone got the cliff note version of WTF is going on?

[quote name='scott123456']I wasn't thinking that was mandatory to do? It is?[/quote]

If you want SD cards to work it is.

[quote name='scott123456']I wasn't thinking that was mandatory to do? It is?[/QUOTE]
i thought the same thing.... as i was 2000 miles away from my broadband connection when i got my wii, i didn't find out until 2 weeks later..... when i got home, updated and SD options showed up.

[quote name='Tokeilos']Hrm...according to their support site, they may be able to help you out. Check here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/sdCards.jsp#appear It says to call 1-800-255-3700 for available options if you have no plans of going online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I just called Nintendo and the only way to update your system is to mail it in so Nintendo can upgrade it or take it best buy and let them shaft you. The rep told me that there is no other way to update your system and that there are no plans to offer updates any other way.

Maybe they need to stress the high speed internet requirement. Some large red letters on the box or something.

[quote name='scott123456']I just got my WII and have been reading about the SD cards. I'm lost in the fact that I put in 2 cards (512MB and a 2GIG) but my WII system doesn't recognize the fact that I have the SD Card inserted in the system? They are normal ScanDisk cards.

Anyone got the cliff note version of WTF is going on?[/quote]

I had the same problem you have to update it,

your local library will do it for free

well, if you bring the system in, most all libraries have free internet, in this case instead of a laptop, you'd be using the wii

bread's done
Back