New wii games, and one giant gameplay video. Also, Wii is region free!

megaseadramon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
http://movie.nintendo.co.jp/data/wii_preview/lineup/movie_lineup.swf

It shows the first video of Resident Evil wii right before the zelda footage at the end. And I just read the Wii is region free!

New games

Forever Blue (Nintendo, 2007)
Developed by Arika, this diving game uses the Wiimote for performing a variety of diving maneuvers. The ocean changes based on time and season. Using Wi-Fi, you and a friend can meet up in the ocean and dive together.

Wii Music (Nintendo, 2007)
This is the orchestra game that Miyamoto played to open up Nintendo's E3 press conference. The game will have both classical and contemporary music.

Wii Yawaraka Atama Jyuku (Nintendo, 2007)
The Wii version of Big Brain Academy. The game will include battle and cooperative play.

The Dog Island (Yukes, 2007)
An adventure game based off the popular "The Dog" character family. You might remember this particular character from his appearance in a PSP dog raising simulation game, also from Yukes. In the Wii game, you play as a dog whose brother falls ill one day. In order to help your brother, you head to an island in search of a legendary flower. The game includes stages in grass planes, snowy fields and even deserts. You can select from a variety of dogs.

Tsuri Master (Hudson, 12/2006)
A fishing game that uses the Wiimote for direct control during casting and reeling. The game includes over 100 fish from throughout Japan. Once a fish bites, you enter into battle with the fish.

Nomiso Kone Kone Puzzle Takoron (Compile Heart, Summer 2007)
This puzzle game is being supervised by the creator of the Puyo Puyo series. Expectedly, it's a falling blocks game with combos and simple game mechanics. The pieces are octopuses that come in different colors. As you line up like colored octopuses together, they disappear, and cause traps to appear in your opponent's field of play.

Hajimete no Wii (Nintendo, 12/2/2006)
This game's name can be translated to English as "My First Wii." As the title suggests, this title is meant to get players used to using the Wiimote. The game is comprised of mini games featuring simple controls. You'll find everything from billiards to hockey, all played using the Wiimote.

Ennichi no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco, 12/2/2006)
This mini game collection gives you a chance to try out games that you might encounter in stands at a fair. The game includes shooting, fishing and other mini games.

Machi Kuru Domino (Success, 12/2/2006)
In this Red Entertainment developed action title, you take control Minon-kun, a super hero who likes to help those in distress. As the player, you set up domino pieces to form a "domino line" upon which Minon-kun walks. We're going to have to try this one out for ourselves before fully understanding what it's all about.

Cooking Mama: Anata to Isshoni Oryouri Taikai (Taito, Dec. 2006)
Developed by Office Create, this is the same Cooking Mama that appeared on the DS, only now it's been Wiified. You use the Wiimote to directly cut and dice, roll dough, smash and stir. The game includes over 50 recipes from 9 countries, including Japan, Italy, America and China. Two players can compete in a cooking face-off.

Crayon Shin-Chan Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe KingWii (Banpresto, Dec.2006)
Based off the popular Crayon Shin-Chan anime, this mini game collection supports play for up to four players. Included is a golf game, a game where you attempt to play musical instruments, and a face off to see who can inflate a balloon without making it explode. The game also includes Puchi Training mode, which is meant to be played by adults wanting to diet.

Wing Island (Hudson, 12/2/2006)
This flight game has you clear missions by flying propeller-based planes. You hold the Wiimote flat and tilt it up and down to control your craft. The game at times give you simultaneous control of five planes in formation. In the game's battle mode, the second player can play using just the nunchuck attachment, meaning you won't need to purchase a second controller for multiplayer play.

I was about to post the region free thing. That's badass!!!

First-party games for Wii will be region-free, according to NoA's vice president of marketing and corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan.

Speaking to Wired News' Joel Johnson, Kaplan confirmed that, like the DS, Wii gamers will be able to play titles from different territories without restriction. Traditionally, games purchased in regions such as Japan, US and Europe have only been playable on native home consoles. The news is likely to be welcomed by import fans, eager to get their hands on games as close to initial release as possible - however, Kaplan also suggested that region-locking on third-party games would be left up to individual publishers. Currently, it's unclear how Nintendo's region-free policy will affect the playback of existing GameCube titles, which are fully compatible with the Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732748p1.html

"Hajimete no Wii (Nintendo, 12/2/2006)
This game's name can be translated to English as "My First Wii.""

hahaha

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']import friendly FTW, some good fuckin news. I wonder how we will find out if games are region incoded?[/quote]

They said that all 1st party games will be region-free. 3rd-party will be up to the developer/publisher.

[quote name='Spades22']"Hajimete no Wii (Nintendo, 12/2/2006)
This game's name can be translated to English as "My First Wii.""

hahaha[/quote]
That's a definite import. :D

[quote name='megaseadramon']
Nomiso Kone Kone Puzzle Takoron (Compile Heart, Summer 2007)
This puzzle game is being supervised by the creator of the Puyo Puyo series. Expectedly, it's a falling blocks game with combos and simple game mechanics. The pieces are octopuses that come in different colors. As you line up like colored octopuses together, they disappear, and cause traps to appear in your opponent's field of play.[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm.

Amazing technicolor pussy on my Wii.

But then they disappear. :(

Just like in real life.

:(

[quote name='Purple Flames']Being on this forum really messed with my head. For a second I thought the title said "New Wii games, and one giant enemy crab".[/QUOTE]

Did I hear Giant Enemy Crabs?!

post-255-11581400591.jpg

:D

[quote name='megaseadramon']It would be stupid if third parties encoded there games. What do they gain by doing it?[/QUOTE]

A bunch of hatred and fists in the air, that's what.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']hmm so many puzzle/minigame games...It worked fine on the DS, but on a console?[/quote]
Eh, it's Japan. I wouldn't expect many of those to hit stateside.

bread's done
Back