New Wii Reviews (elebits, wing island etc.)

[quote name='Spades22']How does that scale work? Its like 9/9/10/9 ...whats the order of those rankings?[/quote]
I believe it's 4 reviewers rate games on a scale of 1-10. The final score is cumulative.

Ya I know that I just don't know the order of those 4 scores. Maybe I'm missing something, but when its like 9/9/9/9 I dont know if the order is graphics/sound/gameplay or sound/gameplay/graphics. Or something like that...hope it makes sense xD

Zelda for the Wii and GC got 38 out of 40 possible points. Elebits received, out of a possible 40, 32 points, etc.

[quote name='Spades22']Ya I know that I just don't know the order of those 4 scores. Maybe I'm missing something, but when its like 9/9/9/9 I dont know if the order is graphics/sound/gameplay or sound/gameplay/graphics. Or something like that...hope it makes sense xD[/QUOTE]
They aren't being scored by graphics and everything. Each score, out of 10, is one reviewers personal opinion on the game (based on graphics, sound, etc.). The final score is the total of four reviewers. So, instead of say 1Up reviewing a game once, they review it four times and give you a combined score. Kind of like how EGM used to do (but now with only three reviewers).

Ahh so the 9/10/9/10 are 4 different reviewers. Hmm ok...thats funny how TP for GC and Wii got the exact same score... and half the reviewers like GC more =/

Looks like the japanese and europeans loved red steel.. not so true of america, though.

[quote name='Spades22']Ahh so the 9/10/9/10 are 4 different reviewers. Hmm ok...thats funny how TP for GC and Wii got the exact same score... and half the reviewers like GC more =/[/quote]Stranger still is that only one of the reviewers had the same opinion. So the other three liked one more than the other.

I never really did use Famitsu as much of a guide, since a score without text is worthless, but after they gave that PS3 Gundam game all 8s or something, and the US reviews have been in the 30s, I don't think it's much of a predictor.

[quote name='botticus']Stranger still is that only one of the reviewers had the same opinion. So the other three liked one more than the other.[/quote]

I wonder if they hadn't played both if the scores would be different. If they all liked one better than the other maybe they felt forced to give the other one a 9.

[quote name='botticus']Stranger still is that only one of the reviewers had the same opinion. So the other three liked one more than the other.

I never really did use Famitsu as much of a guide, since a score without text is worthless, but after they gave that PS3 Gundam game all 8s or something, and the US reviews have been in the 30s, I don't think it's much of a predictor.[/QUOTE]

I agree. They tend to rate some games that are just horrible very high.

hahahah 34 for red steel

ok honestly people, Famitsu just caters to a different culture. You can't really rail on them for having different opinions. I mean come on, they love Train simulators and Mahjong simulators are the most popular arcade games.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I agree. They tend to rate some games that are just horrible very high.[/quote]

But to be fair, they were paid off on that one. They're typically very harsh.

[quote name='scores']Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA, Square Enix): 8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - (31/40)[/quote] Giggity.

bread's done
Back