New Wii U bundle coming 2/17th to Canada

bonesawisready

CAGiversary!
Best Buy and Future Shop are both listing a brand new Wii U Deluxe bundle for release on February 17th.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=1367583375a304a7e31f9babbc27e25fen02

And

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e684c2e3144e989998ba8348375d1771en02

Bundle will be $399 and includes the following:

-32GB Black Wii U system
-Black Pro Controller
-Copy of Zombi U
-Copy of Nintendo Land
-Exclusive Zombi U art book
-Digital Deluxe Promotion for 2 years

That's a pretty good bundle and I'm glad it includes Nintendo Land. This really should've been out at launch but I guess late is better than never. So anyone who was thinking about buying a Wii U soon, will you jump on this bundle?

Last edited by a moderator:
My son doesn't touch his wii u. I'm pretty disappointed because for the limited time he played it after Christmas, it seemed pretty neat.

I'm going to open Madden (still sealed) and play it on the gamepad I think.

Sorry for the fairly OT nature of this post.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Im wondering this as well[/QUOTE]

Nope :( Ends Dec. 31, 2014 for everyone - even if you don't purchase the Wii U until 2014.

From Nintendo.com FAQ:

How Long Does the Deluxe Digital Promotion Last?
Answer:

• The Deluxe Digital Promotion launched on December 8, 2012. Participating Wii U owners can visit the Deluxe Digital Promotion website to see points earned, and receive codes that can be redeemed for credit in the Nintendo eShop.
  • Participants in the promotion can earn points on qualifying purchases made between Nov. 18, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2014.
  • Codes for Nintendo eShop credit earned in the promotion must be received at the Deluxe Digital Promotion website by March 31, 2015

The digital promotion was never announced as anything but a limited time thing.

In terms of what you get out of it, it's really designed to spur people to download full retail games... if you're just buying eShop exclusives and VC stuff, it's not going to have nearly the return.

[quote name='Crimson Mist']Goddammit! I just bought a Wii U about 3 weeks ago. I really could've used the extra controller and the Zombie U. :(([/QUOTE]

Good News! This bundle is only in Canada.

I'm gonna repeat this so hopefully someone will move this to the proper forum:

THIS BUNDLE (for now) IS EXCLUSIVE TO CANADA

[quote name='bonesawisready']You'll have to wait until 2015 most likely before it hits $199, by that time the rather expensive custom made parts should have dropped in cost allowing major price cuts.

That 34MB eDRAM and custom GPU ain't cheap afterall, not to mention the controller.[/QUOTE]

LOL, no. Wii U is very cheaply made; notice they left out ethernet port, internal HDD bay, used old USB 2.0 ports, and only included 2gb RAM (1gb for games). They didn't spend a lot of money making this console, other than on the gamepad (which is probably why the console ended up like it did).

I'd like this bundle if it came with Mario instead of Zombie U, and if it was available in the US, and if the Pro controller actually worked with Mario, and if it was priced at $299.99. So I guess I don't really like this bundle at all.

Might wanna put Canada in the title somewhere to avoid having most of the posts in here be about that.

And anyone considering this because they want ZombiU, I advise staying away from that game. I downloaded the demo when they released it and it was shockingly bad. Awful graphics, even worse combat. Yeah yeah, I know it was just a demo, but unless the full release is a completely different game, I can't imagine ever having fun with it. A lot of people seem to praise it, but I think most are looking at it with "new console glasses". Just my two cents.

Of course, since the game is essentially free if you were interested in a pro controller, you could always trade it towards something more worthwhile (Mario U is excellent).

[quote name='United_Korea']what a terrible bundle.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no. Take it from someone who already has all the above items. It's a FANTASTIC bundle. Emphasize FANTASTIC in a Jim Sterling sort of way.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Uh, no. Take it from someone who already has all the above items. It's a FANTASTIC bundle. Emphasize FANTASTIC in a Jim Sterling sort of way.[/QUOTE]
I'd agree with UnitedKorea. Horrible bundle...
Played ZombieU and don't find it appealing at all. Fighting can be very clunky at times and its very odd how you get a new player once you die. I'll wait til the Monster Hunter Bundle.

These bundles will be as good as it gets for a while in terms of saving money. Nintendo has already stated they're selling the system for less than manufacturing cost. And whoever said Wii U sales have been "awful" needs to look up the definition of awful before taking a look at the actual sales so far. They haven't met Nintendo's expectations following a little system called the Wii, but they're doing better than I had thought, and once the software line-up picks up, I wouldn't be surprised if we see alot more positive articles being written about the console... especially if Microsoft and Sony fuck up their next gen systems.

I'll wait until Wonderful 101 is out before picking it up. I like Nintendo and really want to support them whenever I can but not when the console launches are as bad as 3DS/Wii U. I got a 3DS once the games started flowing, will do the same with Wii U.

If anybody in Montreal wants a new deluxe wii u with receipt from best buy at slightly below cost please PM me. (Paid 400 w/tax)

Bought it for a gift but then lost my job just after I could return it, and I now need every penny I can find.

Alternately - if someone just bought one from FS/BB and would do me the huge favor of trading receipts so I *could* return it - that would work too!

Sorry for posting this here but I'm in a bit of a pickle.
---
Sam.

Tegs: декоративная штукатурка bairamix декоративная штукатурка техника выполнения нанесение декоративных покрытий.

декоративная штукатурка омск
декоративная штукатурка в спальне
отделка потолка декоративной штукатуркой

bread's done
Back